1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Edited Transcript of EG7.ST earnings conference call or presentation 25-Feb-21 8:30am GMT

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by schnugggel, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, in fairness to you and others, my only dip into eq WAS years ago, and a few minutes was enough.

EQ certainly managed to get through the DBG fiasco and come out looking pretty good.

I suspect that can be chalked up to better design decisions and an actual appreciation of customers over there.

I also believe Longdale threw EQ2 to under the bus to protect it, and Kander managed to weasel himself into the lead designer role because he was fine with doing it (I mean, it wasn't because of creative vision, design talent, a love of the game, or a love of its customers).

In the end I'm glad eq came out ok. It's not for me, but the people that still play it love it, and that has a lot to do with how the team treats them as customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

I will forever have nightmares of skeleton's cackling behind my baby barbarian, just before succumbing to blood loss and falling into a snow bank as I struggled to get back to Halas.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Popcorn Popcorn x 1
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Or the thud, thud, thud of a giant closing from behind while crossing EC ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

Dudes, Friends, Beloved allz and Heros of EQ2

a friend of mine gave me this report and honestly my english is not good enough to understand it all...
    but i understand that you all could find usefull informations for us in it.
    So i put this link into this forum .
    I hope so deeply that eq2 will have a chance to go better and prettier again as it goes with "theybreak"
    I quitted eq2 for two years becourse i cant take it anymore longer too see servers , guilds and raidforces dying
    ....that was too much for my little warden-heart...
    The best time in my live was the time with my eq2 friends !
    I love this game so much as my own homeland, more than 7 years it was my virtuel home.
    Everquest is more than a usual mmo.
    I hope this beautifull world will have a "theybreak-less" future...
    greetings , kisses and love
    Maachilie
    Valor for ever !

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

One of the the things that EQ2 is way better with, like miles and miles better, is guide events. I see bigfoot on a more regular basis than I do guide events on EQ1.

Also, I have no idea how I managed to keep playing EQ after my first login to the game. I made a human ranger and spent over an hour trying to get out of the tunnel that leads from Sure Fall Glade to Qeynos Hills and would probably still be there 22 years later if some kind player hadn't noticed me bumping into walls over and over in the dark (I had no idea about gamma settings) and given me a fire beetle eye and told me to put it in my range spot if I couldn't see. I still have that fire beetle eye too by the way.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

:D:D:D thants what i mean, you where nothing in this game without friends....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

They can hire as many people as they want, if they leave those on the team that have been slowly choking this game it wont matter.
    It'll just be like getting an oil change on your car and never changing the filter.
    I don't want to see anyone lose their job but dang, the levels of incompetency this team has demonstrated the past few years is disheartening to say the least. They do have a few good folks that I think go the extra mile... the rest of them are just there for a check.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

At this point it doesn't seem like incompetence any more... it's clear that they KNOW they're doing things large groups of players don't like... large groups of players from a wide variety of playstyles even.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. EvilTreerat

EvilTreerat New Member

Its called egomania, narcissism, socoipthy, psycothathy, etc. All they care about is A) getting paid and B) having their ego stroked. Anything else is just in the way. I would link the article about the damage such people inflict on organizatios but I'm on my phone. Suffice to say Kander and guests would make a great case study.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

upload_2021-3-17_7-48-20.png

• Like Like x 1