1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I just created a forum title for the first time in honor of this momentous occasion "Feldon Fan Club Member." It's true you know! :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I don't want to defend EQ2, but it should be noted that FFXIV (and WoW to a lesser extent, but especially FFXIV) has very tight control over its stats compared to EQ2 so it's much easier to handle a stat squish. FFXIV has incredibly bland itemization and nothing like AAs. That's not to say it won't be a lot of work for the FFXIV team still or that EQ2 hasn't made the problem worse for itself by trying to band-aid over the problem instead, mind you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Sooo, they fixed another AA problem aaand ... AA Restructured AGAIN | EverQuest 2 Forums . They must have long since broken records for inability to fix anything without making it worse! Are they really this incompetent or do they simply not care anymore?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

Why can't it be both?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They embarrass me but I doubt they embarrass themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Grundge

Grundge New Member

Wow this game is really in the shitter isn't it? I don't post much but do hang around and read the forums from time to time.

Just looking at the front page of general discussion is quite telling of how awful this game has become. You have "I hate the direction of the game...", "AA trouble" "...rng madness", "what happened to transparency/my poor merc", "please give me a reason to log in". Oh boy! The whole 1st page is just people complaining about the game.

I played until AoM. I remember back then saying something negative about the game and half the forum would jump in and defend Daybreak. But looking into those threads everyone is pissed. Even the white knights are fed up lol.

So glad I moved on from this garbage heap. Good thing too. I think all my accounts were flagged as troll accounts and are probably banned. So yea the current state makes me smile. Anyway hope everyone is doing well. I know I'm feeling better.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Grundge, a lot of us here had to move on because it did us no good to stick around. (One factor in many in my case, but that's a tale for another thread.) A few still do, but one wonders how much longer that can last.

I just shake my head at how the whole thing goes on like this. It's going to be bittersweet but satisfying when the whole thing finally collapses.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'm just, you know, full of raw spite and blind rage or something. I hate and stuff, like, it's what I do.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

To look at the first page of Forum Results and see the current tone of the threads is really something. Less and less defenders. Thing is, they won't do anything about it until Daybreak notices. But hey at least they got rid of that troublemaker Feldon.

• Popcorn Popcorn x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The art is still awesome. Other than that, the game is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Not a very smart move on their part.

They can never repay the life preserver you threw them Feldon via your strong support for the EQ2 community and in turn their games survival.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Nah.

Back when I tried reasoning with the white knights on the forums and more importantly, tried giving constructive feedback to the developers, you and Tekka were fighting the good fight right along with me.

I will never forget that. Hope you both are doing great. *Hugs*

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Arazons

Arazons Member

I just like to subtly troll Benholio these days...

upload_2021-2-12_15-46-45.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks for that! Brilliant! LOL :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I'm off for a couple of days and "Major Taylor Greenito" is posting an EQ1 meme post in the eq2 forums.
    I don't know how often the player and DW potentially told him not to post eq1 stuff on the eq2 forum.

Other than that he is hacking threads, that's what he does best.

16. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I have a lifetime membership, but I can't bring myself to log in. That's how bad it is.

I finished everything I wanted to do in BoL by February of 2020 (i.e. before the pandemic really got going). I kept logging in until October of 2020 because ... well ... the pandemic. All I was doing was updating my tradeskill apprentices and the overseer, but that just got monotonous. I haven't logged in for four months and haven't actively played for a year. Now I see people who bought RoS saying they've done all they want to do in the expansion and have no reason to log in (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/please-give-me-a-reason-to-log-in.598362/).

The game is 100% focused on raiders now, but the developers can't figure out how to fix the game breaking lag in raids. That means they don't care about anyone, except raiders, and have no idea how to fix their broke ass game so that raiders can enjoy it. I have no idea why anyone still plays this crap.

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They just posted Test patch notes in EQ1. They're disabling procs from firing on certain things to "fix raid lag," kinda like they did with certain things in EQ2. Some classes are reporting 12-15% less dps overall. That's fairly substantial for EQ1, especially when the hardest hit so far are wizards and they're not doing great. The thing is, I bet it doesn't cause any noticeable difference. Because we know one of the main reasons lag is so bad is because they are cheap and have garbage servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Feldon

That's really it. They went from dedicated boxes to shared servers in a rack somewhere. And calling them on it gets you banned.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The Irony of this expansion (appenrently) being catered to raiders is that those are the most vocal of this expansion being crap.

The major AA Revamp and class balance, don't even start. Player are rubbing it under Caith' Nose how he f.cked up the scout balance. First BL's expressing their dislike and now Rangers are being told to betray to Assassins.
    Caith managed to kill of the complete scout dps except for Assassins.
    I haven't been in the Priest Channel, but i can't fathom they are happy being outhealed by Dirges.
    As for tanks Bruisers and Palas are still at the end.
    If Raidforces are loosing player they can't even take any class on board, that's how the classbalance situation is.

First raiders have been about the RNG Nature of weekly raidcrates. It’s so worse that they ask to get rid of weekly raid quests and give Raidmobs more loot. The loot needs to be better.
    The RNG of celestial Items first in PQs and now Daily Quest is similar some player got a bunch of celestial items while others running those and never see one piece.

I have recently read that raiders are fed up with running heroics ! About 2 months into the expansion and player don't want to run content anymore.

Add the shadow harvesting rare nonsense, and it doesn't look good.

You will see a lot player leaving in summer when things in the real world might change for the better.

20. Feldon

The game has such an elaborate decorating system and decent crafting (when they put dev resources on it) and folks will throw money for pixels. I've just never visualized raiders as the cash cow for EQ2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1