1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Since the January 5th patch they got nerfed into oblivion.
    Since then, they turned into the "Cry bear class", or as i call them the "Kelly Loeffler Class" both are overrated and both are a thing of the past. Crying constantly for hours on Discord and EQ2forum.

@Glasscannon
    Locks and Wizzies are still far ahead in DPS. There is no longer Scout DPS, there are only Sins.

Another examples of Caith not testing anything dealing with class balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

BL adjustments were 100% worth it just for the tears in discord.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I really wish someone less controversial than me would share these screenshots with Domino so she could witness what has been done to the game in her absence. I don't know any crafters who are anything but hugely disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

i wouldn’t be surprised if she still played occasionally (my bet would be on Test). Part of her desktop was visible in a Tweet about a month or two ago, and the icon for the EQ2Map patcher was visible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Yeah, I'm almost positive she still plays and is aware.

6. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I honestly can't take the stupidity of the official forums any longer. Its like walking into a retirement home where everyone is in their late stage of dementia.

There is nothing of value on it and reading through it offers nothing but pain to the reader.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I just read the bug reports and shake my head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's causing the same issues with lag in EQ1. Raids are lagging out partly because of all of the procs from melee and casters and the sheer amount of swarm pets from Mages/Necs/BLs, which will also proc. One guy posted a breakdown of how many procs he can have on a single cast and it was insane.

11. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I wonder what the subscriber and monthly average user numbers are, now that we are a month after the launch. The OF is nothing but people complaining. Even Benito seems to have walked back his Darkpaw-can-do-no-wrong posting and adopted more of a well-it-has-to-be-this-way-if-you-want-a-game style.

I made a prediction early last year that the expansion following Blood of Luclin would be the last for EverQuest 2. Let's see if it comes true.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

For it to keep going within this rickety engine they'd have to walk back so much stuff it's not even funny. Sooner or later even the dead-enders will understand that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The way the raiders, at least the vocal ones, are complaining it doesn't seem to bode well for the future. Any crafter that is still clinging to hope will never leave at this point but they're going to lose people there too. I've been seeing the, "This is it for EQ1 and 2" for so long now and the only time I've ever agreed was back when EQ1 launched the Gates of Discord expansion which was actually tuned for 5 levels above the current level cap and killed a lot of raid guilds dead. it didn't help that it coincided with WoW launching either. I'd hate to see EQ2 go sunset, I really love the game and especially crafting, but I don't know how much more it can take.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I retract my earlier statement that Benny walked backed his lunacy. His performance in the "Cute Kick from Discord" thread is one for the ages.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He doesn't really have any true convictions. Which sounds odd considering he chooses such ridiculous hills to die on but I stand by my belief of the 1st statement. Without those convictions he waffles more than a hotel complimentary continental breakfast during a carb lovers convention.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That was a fantastic line full of wonderful alliteration. I need more ratings for that. You know you saw the same image in your mind that I had in mine when I typed it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Took my monthly-ish stroll through the OF. Dunno why I bother. One might as well run with posts from five years ago.

The synopsis:

1. OP: Thanks for the discord ban.

2. Apologists: Be respectful with your comments.

3. Everyone: Respect has nothing to do with it. Even respectful comments get no-warning bans if they question design decisions or offer constructive criticism.

4. Benny: Random nonsense that he posts so that he can admire what he wrote.

5. Just Returned Player: Not liking this. What's with all the bloat? I wanted to take my time and re-live the game, but this is dumb.

6. Apoligists: Go to TLE.

7. Everyone: And buy experience pots.

8. Dreamweaver: Just reminding everyone that calling for people to be fired is not permitted.

9. Benny: Profuse thanks to DW for intervening.

10. Everyone: This expansion is only 50% done. Broken stuff everywhere. Can we get some information about when we can expect the expansion we paid for to be finished?

I mean, I used to visit just for the entertainment value, but after years of the same old, same old, it's just too repetitive and boring to bother.

Sad days.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Caam

Caam Member

It is finished. You're just trying to apply the wrong definition of finished. Try this one:

Finished: Having a final treatment or coating on the surface.

They've put the final coating on. Unfortunately, what they put it on is a turd of ginormous proportions.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Finished. Like Cyberpunk 2077 was finished :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Honestly, the expac isn't too bad for what you'd expect now from DBG.

The problem is the broken ass base game behind it;
    • Raid Lag
    • PQ Lag
    • Client Crashes
    • Class Balance
    • Auto Attack - Useless again.
    They're making sensible improvements for the expac based feedback they're getting (like tweaking quests/mobs etc.). It's just the above issues making everything else horrific.

Inq reactives cast, and all get used up in like 1s.
    Bruisers/Pallies/Channelers - Still useless
    BL's got gutted without instant compensation (Although they do seem to be working on this)
    Rangers/Rogues/Summoners/Warlocks - Pretty useless in comparison to Wiz/Assassins.
    Zerkers being near unkillable.