1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Ethereals - Benito II Electric Bugupyourbutt

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Dano84, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Also worth pointing out that there isn't an "EQ art/environment team" and "EQ2 art/environment team". There is just an "EQ/EQ2 art/environment team." Singular.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

****er's already in it.

4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Dang it, need to make a resolution for '21 about language. Though whether it's to rein it in or just go full throttle seems a coin toss...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Full throttle please. And I didn't post in the EQ1 thread simply because I knew benny would be knee deep in it.

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Apparently EQ2 has a 64-bit client? Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I did love the Dev response on that thread;

When did you last see an EQ2 Dev show that much personality in a post...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I appreciate what they are saying and I've never complained on the forums about going back to "old" zones in EQ but to say it's what the players want is a misnomer. People are extremely tired of the Velious zones being redone. It's hard on the eyes and gets harder each new expansion. We've got like 4 iterations of Kael now. People are just wore out with ice and snow. I only go to the new areas to farm AA using my Lesson of the Devoted AA which gives me double experience for 30 minutes every 18 hours. Once that's finished I gate out and go do old achievements, progression, and/or farm TS stuff. I'm sure if I had regular people to play with or joined an actual guild it would be different as far as how much I use those zones but I would still be weary of the snowblindness inducing terrain.

Maybe it's because I've actually lived in various places, Maine, Iowa, Wyoming, and Montana - where I've literally been snowed in for months and months at a time. Maybe it's because I lost a couple toes to frostbite and almost died from exposure a few years back when I got caught on the wrong side of a mountain when a freak blizzard dropped 8 feet of snow overnight, the temp went into double digit negatives, and the wind was blowing 70 mph for two days straight. I don't know but F snow and ice in real life and F it in my escape from real life. Put some of these devs in the middle of the middle of nowhere MT in the winter instead of SoCal and I bet we get some temperate forest zones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I just replied :(

I wasn't mean or anything either.

10. Dorothea987

Dorothea987 WhysperWynde alt

Dude you gotta get yerself to some warmer climes .. like here in Florida. We be bitchin' lately because it's gone down into the 40's and we don't do 40's in Florida. Seems downright frosty out and we've been blasting the oil style space heaters night and day which the 3 cats love. But seriously .. snowed in? toe loss? yer living life way too close to the edge my friend. C'mon down to Florida and mellow out and you'll prob never go back to the snow. Snow = watdat??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Ha! Sounds like my dad, born and raised in Minnesota back in the olden times, wound up in Alabama and never looked back. I asked him once if he ever thought of going back and said no way, he'd had enough of snow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Ha. I'm in TN currently. I only miss MT in the summer time these days. I did winters in Iowa, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, St Louis, and Wyoming. I've had my fill.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Dorothea987

Dorothea987 WhysperWynde alt

Sometimes in autumn I miss the turning of the leaves up north. Our vibrant greens of Florida get a little bit muted in fall & winter and there is this predominant dusky pink almost organgey blossom that blooms in fall; but other than that we remain the same all year round for foliage. IF I ever think that I miss winter up north, which I never actually do, I picture digging my little orange VW Bug outa a snowdrift left by the streetsweeper machines that make the piles of snow along roadsides and I miss nothing! Remember the time I had to use my cigarette lighter to melt my frozen door key lock to get into Vdub. Not fun at all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've got warrants in Florida anyway. Que sera, sera, and all that noise.

Also, they've been talking about lag on the EQ1 forums a lot lately and Benny keeps posting the same, "Covid-wildfire-everybody is watching Netflix" excuses and it's funny watching him get railed over there just like in the EQ2 forums.

15. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Funny how this covid-based internet lag is only causing issues for Daybreak and no one else.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Daybreak's server hamsters got the 'Rona.

• Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. candy206039

candy206039 New Member

/SpitTake

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Benny sent me a PM on the EQ2 OFs, I didn't read it, quoted him quoting me in the OF and told him to quit sliding in my DMs, and then he sent me a PM on the EQ1 forums. Just gonna leave him on unread.

19. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Hey @Pixistik , did you get a warning from DW about your post mentioning he was back from his ban? I got one for replying that the Vegas line was 2.7'ish months or something like that. Feeling snarky this morning, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a vacation come my way soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member