1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. TechUp

TechUp New Member

No worries :). It was something I threw together in order to preserve my own sanity when trying to figure out what they had done.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

At the very least I'd be inclined to stuff it somewhere just as a backup until it's a bit clearer what's going on.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you about that but even back in soe days the level of detail that's expected now was always provided by the players, not the devs. And it simply takes a bit of time to propogate. Interesting what you say about Kander though. The man just doesn't want to do anything useful for players at all, does he? Reminds me of my old Headmistress - we were 100% convinced by her behaviour and attitudes that she simply hated kids ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I've been playing WoW and they give the player so much information on where stuff is. It's very nice, I like it a lot especially compared to KA where I had to google nearly every quest just to find stuff in that giant empty zone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Empty?!! There was always a shedload of angry red mobs everywhere my poor crafters went to get their crafting quests done! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Wow... it seems the abomination of chaotic leech is in SOLO zones in the latest expac.
    Among other things, this, apparently, renders healer mercs useless...
    So now ALL mercs are equally useless?

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I keep seeing Chaotic Leech mentioned. What is it exactly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TechUp

TechUp New Member

It's a debuff that reduces heals and wards by X%. First time it has been seen in solo zones. I use a shaman merc and he's basically a rez bot now with a bit of bolster when he's bored. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ah, so basically it's just a reason for my healers to never set foot in a zone that's got it? I spent a lot of time and effort maximising my healing on my warden so why on earth would I voluntarily go through a door that basically makes all that effort totally wasted? And wth were the devs smoking when they came up with this nonsense?

The more I hear about the last few expacs the happier I am that I quit at 100. This junk sure as hell does not deserve my money :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

It's pretty much everywhere. It's what finally pushed me out of the game after co-maining Defiler for a decade or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Because when your customers hate a mechanic, keep doubling down on it until you have no customers.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Just wait until they put a consumable in the marketplace that removes chaotic leech for an hour.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

As we have all said a million times on these and the official eq2 forums, its more than obvious that the developers don't play their own game. No way in hell. If they do, and they can't see how horrible their decisions are, then I don't know what to think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The number is deceptive. Last expac during some raid of Sol Ro, I got a glimpse of the 'dev version' of that description
    [​IMG]
    It's not a number it takes off or even a straight percentage, it effectively removes an enormous amount of your stats. And they've chosen to intentionally hide what it does. Because reasons.

• Informative Informative x 7
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Posting the above, I just remembered when they first introduced Chaotic Leech and a bunch of us healers were trying to figure out how it worked, the devs said something along the lines of 'it was too complicated to give healers a useful number'. Apparantly they meant 'we don't want to tell you, because we know you'll be upset'.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

The expansion have made the OF bursting with activity... well, the bug section at least, 4 pages of bugs. Seems better then last xpac.. good job devs! /sarcasm off

This is how we are supposed to play games in 2020 according to siggy: "Turn your graphics settings to highest performance. Second, hit F9 to zoom into first person and look at your feet". How on earth are one going to react to what is happening in a fight doing that? Oh, now I understand why she isn't in any top 50 world wide raiding guild... they all follow her advice and just stare at their feet during raids and no one can see what is happening.... o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheggers

Cheggers New Member

Maybe she's secretly a Goldeneye speedrunner.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I am not playing but I did mess around in Beta and I noticed that in the beta they significantly reduced the damage of decimation, which is the Warlock's replacement for Apocalypse (itself the best warlock spell). They nerfed it so hard that it's not even worth using any more when factoring in cast time, DoT duration, and recast time. Apocalypse's base cast is more than twice as fast, the damage deals much faster, and due to the recast timer differences you can recast it a second time and have it fully run in the length of time it would take for decimation to cycle once. And this is before you factor in the AA inst-cast benefits of Apocalypse, which applied to Decimation in BoL but now do not apply. Just another example of them breaking things that aren't broken.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

She's got carpel tunnel from all the copy/pasting.

19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

But Hey, Bls were crying so loud for shared Pet stats. They got it and now continue to have OP AFK DPS.

20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, I finally opened up the crafting subforum today. I had been making myself ignore it, I probably should have kept ignoring it. The whole thing makes me so sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1