1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Ethereals - Benito II Electric Bugupyourbutt

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Dano84, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

squints

Looks familiar...

EDIT: At a glance Benito, Monday at 1:59 PM his account is at least not dead. Hopefully someone had a talk with him and it'll stick for a few weeks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

He did the same the last time he got punched in the nose. He was just sort of lurking around for a week or two, but never fear, because he'll re-group and devise other super clever ways to admire himself with his own words.

Also, and lest we all forget, Charlice's post is an important reminder for us men that women will remember sh*t we did 30 years ago :oops:.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I think it's possible he somehow didn't expect everyone to turn on him when he started comparing his "plight" to BLM and LGBTQ+ issues, and now he's just laying low until he feels it blows over. Or DW actioned him. I hope DW actioned him but who knows.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Oh, doh! That would be why - no, I wasn't....

Think I need another cup of tea.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You can never have too much tea ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

/looks around expecting The Spiffing Brit to show up at any moment

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

As i said before i suspect Dreamweaver not banning him permanently has to do with Bugalito Loveless' being different on EQ1 forums. A lot of EQ1 veterans vouched for him being different (as in social behaviour) on the eq1 forums and contributing their in the past.
    Banning him from the eq2 forum would probably mean the same for the eq1 forums and that's why DW still hasn't done it. I am sure B. is counting on that.

Its interesting how B. changed his story from being an eq1 veteran and only occasionally logging on eq2, to being a fortnite pro and don't wanna play EQ games and finally to being an EQ2 Veteran who played this game since beginning of time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Banning someone from one game's forums and not another's would be fairly trivial. Even if all the data is inextricably linked between all the game forums and a straight-up "ban" would affect all the sites, it would take seconds to create a usergroup that denies access to post/reply on the EQ2-specific forums and then add the user to that group. The XenForo forum permissions are extremely granular, even in the ancient 1.3(?) version that SOE/DGC is running.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

With the amount of exploits in EQ2 I am surprised he havn't shown up..... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I know, right? I mean, he just did the remaster of the Spongebob game, it's not like it's outside his standards...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's pretty much the same on EQ1. He cross posts EQ2 promotions, posts about new mounts, and, get this, had a huge thread asking about compensation when the servers were down for an extended period and were going down every day for about a week. The only difference is that he does not jump in posts where people are upset about current game mechanics, nor does he act like he knows everything there is to know or act like he is a DPG representative.

There's no substance to his posts but he also doesn't actively try and troll. He found a crowd to engage him in EQ2 OF and that's why he posts so much there.

EDIT- There's a Loot box post there now because of the most recent ruling in whatever the EU is now. He has posed the almost exact same questions and answers as he did on the EQ2 post a while back. He just gets way less engagement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Tekka and I have joked more than once over the years about the differences between the EQ and EQ2 communities. For the most part EQ2 players seem to think they're the pinnacle of SOE/DBG gaming, the cash cow that supports all other things, and they will cry 'woe's me' from the rubble that was once a good* game for so long as anyone will listen. The EQ players are just old, grumpy, and long since settled in to accepting their game as a venerable niche that they can enjoy for what it is for as long as it lasts. So if you whine to the EQ2 players they'll likely whine back. If you whine to the EQ players they'll likely tell you to stfu and git off there lawn.

Some groups might be more accommodating to certain personality types and their communication styles than others and a not completely oblivious person might figure out what audiences to play to.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dorothea987

Dorothea987 WhysperWynde alt

Love this wrap up of EQ1 versus EQ2 communities. Knowing nothing of EQ1 I cannot comment there but very accurate about EQ2 so I'm assuming (yeh ASS U Me .. I know) that it's an apt description of EQ1 players too. Sounds about right for old players of an ancient game; which EQ2 players should really realize that they are too ... and put their feet up on the dash and relax. If we crash = we all crash together, right EG7??? *fingers & toes crossed* (yeh us sashquashes do that with the toes 2)

As per Benito, Beantoes, beaneater, whomever = = = HILARIOUS!!! Sorry don't know the fellah but am SURE I know all I need to know ABOUT him to know that I never WANT to. LOLOLOL ROFLMFAO!!!!

14. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

I do wonder how many EQ2 players had a personal crisis upon learning EQ2 barely supports itself, let alone anything else, when the true financial stats were released. Not just bringing in half the income and 1/3 the subs of EQ, but bringing in the lowest income company wide. That had to have slapped a few EQ2Bois hard.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Where and when was that information posted? I missed that some how, but I know it is accurate. The game is dead as a hammer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

If EQ2 wasn't P2W it wouldn't exist. EQ1 is probably one of the least P2W games around. I can't think of a single thing that is P2W that's available in the Market Place. It's all cosmetic and QoL like bags and such. The Overseer system there could have been P2W level when it didn't have a daily limit on quests but that changed a while back to a limit of 10. Even then it would have just been a means to level to cap, very quickly, with cash but it wouldn't have "won" you anything or given you any kind of real advantage as being level cap and missing several 1000 AA would make you a terribly geared and underperforming player. The highest level boost available is 85, which is 30 levels below cap, and makes you slightly better than a freshly created character relatively speaking.

That being said there are people, myself included, who would pay through the teeth for EQ2's storage capabilities and crafting dynamics where mats come straight out of a depot. I literally have a whole gang of FtP accounts just to store **** on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Please push for Census / API. All the backend work was done by Zoltaroth when he converted a good chunk of EQ's flat file storae to a database. I believe Devs just have to pick and choose which data should be published.