1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

We're psychologicaly resilient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Yup ToV was the last expansion I bought and I canceled my sub shortly thereafter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I've turned into a multi-gamer. Something I never thought I'd end up doing. I used to pick one MMO and play it all the time. I might switch MMOs once in a while, but not daily or even weekly. Now I'm playing No Man's Sky, Astroneer, LOTRO, Raft, Star Realms, & Gordian Quest in no particular order. Other than LOTRO, which if I'm honest even though I really do like it I doubt I'd play if I didn't have a lifetime sub, I seem to be gravitating to survival craft/building games that can be played in a relaxed way and deck builders. I miss MMO worlds (other than LOTRO) and the interaction and how it feels alive. But single player games also have their perks - save and log at will, pause at will, switch games at will. No one else is affected.

As I said in another post on these boards, I do miss Landmark and honestly at this point in my gaming life I think I miss it more than EQ2. I do still miss the house decorating in EQ2, but I enjoy harvesting, crafting and building more than "questing/raiding" these days.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

In a long list of things in my life I will never understand, what they have done to EQ2 ranks up at the top of that list. I understand making a profit, but destroying the core of what made a game great to begin with just doesn't compute. Oh well.

Thanks for every thing Feldon. I hope you and all of the posters here have a wonderful holiday. Love all of you bigly :).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  5. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Four days till expansion launch. Where are with the major AA Revamp and Classbalance.

Tanks: Probably of all Archetypes the most levelled playing Field. That is besides Bruiser "The Ranger Class among the tanks".

Priests: Heals and Wards either not or only partly working. Player assumed Shamans need to have a high amount of Critbonus in order for their wards to work. Bleedthrough is rough and Chaotic leech isn't better.
    3 Healer Classes (Channeler, Inqui, Fury) sort of working at the moment. This is the outcome of band aid after band aid and stat inflation.

DDs: This is very simple, there are only 2 T1 DD Classes (Assassins and Wizzies) at the moment. Wizzies have an advantage thanks to mechanics and itemization. The rest of the scout DDs are benched for most raids !
    Summoner finally having shared spell fervor for their pets and some useful utility. Warlock just getting nerf after nerf.

Remember when Coercer were Melee - and Illu Magebuffer. Illus now have the strongest Melee Buff.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

SKs, at least, are pretty much screwed. The removal of all their life tap AA pretty much destroys the class. Combine that with the inability to reforge into hate gain.... so they can't take the hits, they can't heal themselves, and they can't hold aggro...

• Shocked Shocked x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

The beta-classes channel on discord have been screaming and yelling at Caith to share anything, but so far its nothing but silence.

So far this pre release is even worse than BoL. I imagine its gonna be another poop show until mid January and network lag wont be fixed despite them promising its sorted - without any testing. I imagine we will see changes to raid content until April like the previous expansion.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I always thought SKs were supposed to be Necros in plate with big pointy things and therefore lifetaps are what it's all about. Silly me ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'm going to main a Bruiser, Ranger, Channeler and Coercer in next expac.

I'll have quit by Dec 16th

• Funny x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fishy x 1
  10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Just gonna bump this as we just received another almost 12 hours of silence on Game breaking issues

Lmao the changes and adjustments are so random

Is it to late to get a refund?

Last year we had no communication with regards to class changes and the excuse was that they'd lost staff. Is Caith all by himself to deal with the class changes? He posted the first week and now we've got once again a complete silence. How the hell can we test things when every patch day there is a ninja change. This is getting old.

and

I mean what was the word kander used? TRANSPARENCY?
    What happened to that?

It’s transparent, you cant see it.

And no one was kicked from discord! :eek:

• Shocked Shocked x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

If you believe it or not Rangers got sort of a 20% Boost to our Buffs. Our Deaggros are now better than ever :)
    But Caith wouldn't be Caith if he hadn't broken other Ranger AAs at the same time. Many of our Combat Art Enhancing AAs only doing 2/3 of what they are supposed to.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Seeing as my main(s) were defiler and warlock, yeah, I definitely made the right call walking on this s***show.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I believe some of the Lifetaps are back in game.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thank the Gods. Rangers everywhere were worried about pulling aggro.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Can't pull aggro if you're already benched.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Newest DBG logic;

Items reforged prior to RoS will not be reset. So want 100% ST/Accuracy/Recovery in RoS? Just reforge your Eth items they're going to upgrade in the expac :)

• Shocked Shocked x 2
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

All further replies to this thread will just be - SMH.

18. Inyala

Inyala New Member

They can't reset reforging on old items, because that would also reset any infusing and planar leveling done on those items.

On the other hand, they're going to reset reforging on items where infused stats were reforged, without affecting infusing and planar leveling.

I'd figure their team was small enough by now that those making new things could communicate with those fixing old issues.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

My guess is that they're caving into the hardcore raid folks that don't want to lose their casting speed, recovery speed, reuse, etc...
    So.. basically they're giving the people at the top with the best gear that are already at the top of the mountain... a permanent advantage over everybody else... again..

20. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

That should surprise no one... they have been doing the same since quite literally forever. What are overpowered summer ethereal items but a permanent leg up over anyone else? Particularly returning players. Because in theory they want returning players instead of new ones -- in fact they've said more than once that's all they want.

Or how about broken raid encounters that are essentially loot pinatas dropping overpowered gear? They fix it, but never until after everyone and their brother has a go at it. I don't think it's often they take anything away.

And how about all the time gates like ascension? But don't worry -- they have a DBC solution to that, just pay-to-upgrade and pay-to-transfer to get your limited items on IoR's broker.

Treating loyal customers well is one thing, but their "penalty charge" to return to the game and even be remotely viable is so high that I don't imagine very many people entertain it. Even if they wanted to come back, they take one look at the price tag to do so and choose to spend all of that money on a console and raft of games for it instead. And so long as they cater to the "but I had to walk uphill, both ways, in the snow, so should they" crowd that dictates what they can or can't "give away" to new players, this will always be the case. And it's completely amplified by the 1000% increase in player power between every expansion -- that chasm of difference means that players who haven't been here the whole time are quite literally hopeless and helpless, to depend on the charity of others. </soapbox>

• Agree Agree x 2