1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I find it a bit curious that they can fix this in a matter of days but that profession spells that were supposed to go live when Blood of Luclin was released still aren't in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I remember feeling the same way about Sancus Seru too when it went live. Just very little to do in the city and very few NPCs to interact with. I hear what you are saying but I don't have confidence that the city will feel 'alive' in the way that it should once it goes live.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

To be fair, people missing the ability to use any prestige points is a big issue.

Necros missing a spell that 99% of them probably never use? Not overly a big issue. It just became a bit of a meme really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Oh, well, I was implying that they had bought the expac. I didn't make that clear though. I don't remember buying mercs but on one account and I have it on both. Don't have BL on either, and only have reforging and RAs on my main account.

5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Also... different departments.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

It's still bugged as of today. Logged in to verify guild hall upkeep was still good, and figured I'd mess around - pulled up the F2P account left over from EQ1 / Vanguard that one of the kids used for about.... 5 minutes (then they went back to Minecraft). I was able to create a brand new barbarian beastlord, hehehe. Got as far as the boat ride to Queen's Colony before pulling the plug for more interesting things to mess around with.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

It wont be fixed till next patch.

The change they've made is temporary server side, I assume removes all flagging requirements for AoD, rather than syncing properly with accounts that have the correct flags.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

All mobs in solo instances (trash and names) do % based damage.. so the zones will actually get HARDER as you gear up because heals are capped...
    Heroic bosses will do more damage to characters that are using the 'wrong' damage type on them... so healers are going to have to work harder (with fewer tools) if when people don't use the right 'clicky bit' to change damage type... And there are no 'clicky bits' that work on bows (or xbows) for damage type right now....

The more I learn about the expac the more it looks like they took the worst things from BoL, made them worse.. anded a few more bad ideas in and took away useful things (like reforging).

It's still hard to leave a game I've played for over a decade and enjoyed so much, but the reports coming out of beta make it more and more clear it's the correct decision.

• Shocked Shocked x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, Longdale promoted Kander to "lead designer", and then right before she bailed,
    promoted him again, to "creative director".

That wouldn't have happened if he wasn't an awesome designer with excellent creative instincts and judgment, so....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  10. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

It's not just the different damage types for Heroics. Raidmobs have either a high immunity to CAs, Spells or physical damage (Auto Attack, Pets).
    On top of that it looks like they introduce the Bane weapons from eq1.

The AA Revamp is half baked.

Lots of classes and AAs broken at the moment.

If that is not enough, well "B" is on the Beta Forums doing what he does best.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Really enjoying the continuing trend of getting rid of annoying mechanics and replacing them with even more annoying ones.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That % based damage
    The bane weapons are fine in my opinion. It's a good call back. The rest of that, especially B, is hot garbage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Arazons

Arazons Member

He sure does have to try and command attention though doesn't he. Narcissism at its finest.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Does he not realize that this wasn't the case, at all, until he chimed in with his wooden nickel insights?

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Is he in that multi-boxing thread, too? I see Parissa responding to someone, and I figure it’s probably the skidmark again. I figure it’s some fabricated, economic related derail, or pretending to know more than the dev & CS staff because of his vast EQ1 experience. I just can’t be bothered to check, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yes he is, pretending to know more about DBG than DBG do as usual. He's also still lurking here as well but at least here we don't actually have to see his drivel. ** Waves to Benny ** :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Don't even acknowledge him, it's exactly what he wants.

The change to mobs doing more damage if you use the wrong damage would be ok, if it were possible for Channelers/Rangers to change their ammo type easily...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Normally I feel compassion for people with mental deficiencies, but his plethora of psychological disorders make that impossible.

Errrorr is right. If people will simply put him on ignore and not engage his baiting tactics, he'll be denied what he wants.

I mean, he's still gonna post because he's enamored with himself, but at least the threads will stay open, on point, and productive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

He probably tweets "I won", every time he chimes into threads and tries to get them locked.
    He then claims their arguments are "wrong" and mine are "right".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

It's not getting rid and replace annoying mechanics. The class Balance has become a "class conformity" rather, taking away class specifics buffs and components and replace them with Ability Doublecast, Effectiveness or fervor Buffs. A couple of examples:

SK - Removal of Lifetaps from Spells
    Templar - Sanctuary nerfed
    Brigand - Debuffs nerfed (Dispatched lesser Duration)

I could go on.

The Ranger Class is at the moment unplayable and undesirable for High-end Content.
    The Ranger Class had one sort of Bonus, the EoF Endline Conservation increased the use of Potions, meaning the Class got more out of them. Guess what Caith nerfed that and replaced it with 20 Ammo Conservation.

Caith has shown for years that he is not willing to listen ordo anything for the Ranger Class, for reasons only he knows.

Isn't there a point when it's enough ?

Endymion a question for you. I am considering writing an open sort of statement on the forums addressed to JChan and asking for someone else to do Class balance. What is your stance on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2