1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

And this is the quality of bug report you get when you choose your beta testers by the size of their wallet:

"Dont know if this is where I put this but I am in the cavern and the water just ended and there is just sand I guess it is. No map so I can't say where I am lol. But it is on the water the world just ended I scared LOL." :rolleyes:

I'd hate to be the dev trying to track down that one. Maybe that's why nothing actually gets addressed? On the plus side it was at least posted within the beta forums :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

And the launcher has been down for over 24 hrs now....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Some of these die hard fans are about to come to a realization that the folks in charge of the game are specced, adorned, infused, and reforged into ineptitude.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
  7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

And Benny had the audacity to say, "Stand by their record of BETA testing."

lolololololololololololol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Feldon

Beta forums are now private.

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I'm seeing them.
    You have to be logged in to see them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

O.....M.....G...............

12. Charryna

Charryna New Member

I've tinkered around a bit on beta, but haven't done much aside from checking out AAs and trying out race changing to Vah Shir. If flurry mod is as powerful as folks think it will be then yep, lots of folks will be hacking up furballs.

AA changes are overall kind of meh. I'm the one that brought up the loss of the spin on Walk the Plank, which is irritating. Dispatch at least can be cast from the front now but it was nice to be able to spin the mobs in heroics when 1) the tank couldn't keep aggro or 2) I was tanking for friends and wanted to be able to smack things. It also helped me solo Big Baddies more easily since I could fully debuff things. I hope they revert this because the game isn't all 120 and grouping/raiding, and soloing at low level that spin was a life saver. I was really hoping for some bruiser attention but it's not going to happen, once again.

The big disappointment for me is that the RoS prestige tree is a bunch of homogenous garbage (although I shouldn't be surprised). The top row of new abilities is identical for all classes, and the bottom row are the same for all members of the same archetype (with different names to make it SOUND unique, but the abilities are identical). So again nothing to make bruisers stand out from monks, monks will still be superior. All tanks get the same choices, healers, scouts, etc. Such a waste.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

It's getting worse. Not only are more and more people doing this but the board is now getting filled up with new threads several of which begin 'I see a lot of threads about this ...' but obviously they still felt compelled to create another one instead of update one they found. And so many threads about the 99% sticking problem now - does nobody know how to search on the boards? And my absolute favourite: where one guy obviously did do a search and out of the wealth of recent posts to choose from opted to update a 2 year old thread :D

Mind you, that one was a bit illuminating. This problem appears to have previously happened almost exactly 2 years ago and the error message quoted back then includes the exact same IP address that is being picked up on all the current error messages. I presumed that the constant IP report was pointing at a specific node so does that suggest that there's a dodgy node in the CDN that is prone to going belly-up at intervals or something?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Totally agree. This is why we were given it in the first place. But sadly most of the current dev team DO think it's all about 120 grouping/raiding so I'm not holding out a lot of hope of it being fixed. :(

15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The walk the plank thing is just stupid.

I mean, why?

It's a staple for solo players, and does have situational utility for heroics.

Positional abilities are what makes a lot scout classes interesting, challenging, and fun.

Just another example of Kander not understanding or caring about why people play eq2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You have to remember that these are the same folks who broke stealth attacks for scouts due to "auto auto-attack" and how long did it take them to fix that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Feldon

So this morning I posted my understanding that every other company affected by this outage has worked around the problem but Daybreak seems to refuse to host EQ2 somewhere else temporarily. I assume this is the post that did it:

This was the result:

eq2-socket-error-banned.png

Four increasingly embarrassing days of EverQuest II and Daybreak Games being down for many of its players, some who just dropped $150 or $250 on expansions. But they're on top of forum posters speculating!

K.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  18. Feldon

I can only assume that things at Daybreak are so hardcoded or DNS built in such a way that switching CDNs is a major ordeal. I know some wizard netops guys out there who would have this changeable like a light switch given the time. "There's nothing we can do" is never a good look.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Out of curiosity, which CDN provider is this that’s achieved the impossible and proven more incompetent than Daybreak itself?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Walk the plank is not the only ability they broke. The extra range on some warlock spells got removed, life taps on shadowknight spells got removed etc etc. Seems like the "revamp" broke more then it fixed, not surprised since that seems to be the new normal.

• Agree Agree x 1