1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

You should be able to see the Beta Forums without purchasing the expansion, atleast I could see them this morning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I happened to have the same issue.

3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I am following the official forums and can see the beta. I was asking for impressions the community here.

4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

This is why I always copied my live install and then loaded the beta into that. If you use their method of switching and they screw up a file on the patcher - which is not unusual - then you're at their mercy.

I did have a rummage around but I couldn't track down any particular config files that might be holding incorrect information that's causing this. :( You can certainly try clearing down all your caches and see if that helps but if the bad data pointer is in a manifest file elsewhere you may just have to wait for them to fix it.

To anyone that intends to go do beta and hasn't installed it yet, I highly recommend copying an install to use for it rather than switching to it from your live game install. At least that way your live should stay intact and you can always go back.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You guys are negative.

• You can play kerans with "Dog - The Bounty Hunter Hair." Awesome.
    • AA revamp can give you up to 1-3% additional damage on individual spells. Who doesn't want more fervor?
    • You get to pay to find their bugs. Been that way since DBG learned people will pay to alpha test their game. Stop complaining.
    • Beta is NEVER what you'll actually get after official release. Stop asking for information about what you can expect for your money. Be patient, the live version ALWAYS way better.
    • Siggy has provided a detailed possible solution to any patcher, purchase transaction , download, or bug issue at least 11,000 times. Asked and answered, bros and bras. Search is your friend.
    Where is your optimism and good will? Sheeze, you guys need help, man :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The final "Who wants to be a Millionaire", "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" Question. One class that needed a big boost got screwed again. The class got pointless new/revamped AAs, their counterpart class got better AAs/buffs.
    Caith's bias towards this class "shines" through.
    Now the question " Which class is it ?".

I give you a hint - "Feldon"

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Begins with 'R'? Am I close? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Hey, at least he fixed Focus Aim to make the AA not pointless now :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Yeah I was actually thinking about that the other day. If it was free I would probably download it and check it out, and if it was good I might even stick around. It's probably for the best they don't do free betas anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I want to say that when I peeked at the Beta forums yesterday, we could see posts from 2 weeks ago. At any rate, there are no posts prior to yesterday visible now.

I know staffing is an issue, but it used to be that friends & family betas were a month long, with all the major showstopping bugs being fixed prior to public Beta. This meant content had to be done by mid-October. I guess players have just gotten used to Beta being totally broken and unplayable (and thus untestable) in all but the week prior to release?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Aaaand 24 minutes ago we got our first recommendation to validate files :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I can't even.

13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I see posts from today no problem.

14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I think the phrase used these days is "Early Access"...

15. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I believe that the correct phrase youngsters use these days are "Dogshit Ass Game"

Edit: Found this gem on the beta forums:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

2 Days into the Beta and players found the first "P2W" element. The Vah Shir' Racial Traits are so overpowered that high-end players, especially Tanks and Scouts, are going to buy Race Change Potions.

On Beta are only Players who are there since Tuesday launch, everyone else can't log in. Most of them can't log in to either Beta or Live at this moment.

17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

If you managed to get your region reset to live through the launcher you could try using the everquest2.exe directly to get in. Whether it works or not will depend on how badly the beta switch messed up your files and if live is still considered as patched up to date.

18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

If it's any consolation I've just discovered that he's totally screwed up brigands (and presumably swashies?) by removing the mob turning ability from Walk the Plank. Call me dumb but I always thought that functionality was the whole reason for the existence of that ability?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Walk the plank changed isn't going to make or break the class other than perhaps the odd solo player.

The +5 Flurry Multiplier given to Vah'Shir as a racial benefit is dumb as hell though. That's pure P2Win playing that race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

It will make it pretty much unplayable for me as my arthritis makes it almost impossible to move fast enough to land positional attacks just using stuns these days. And as much of the hotbar requires rear or flank to land damage there's not going to be a lot of dps without being able to turn the mob. And given our aging playerbase I'm guessing I'm far from being the only one in this position.

But that's not really the point. The ability was added via AAs back in EOF specifically to aid with the postioning mechanic for solo players. I certainly wasn't putting points in that just to get extra damage - there's a whole bunch of other ways to get that. But I'm not aware of any other way to get to a mob's back without the stun and run dance. So my little ratties will all go back to just making furniture and let a merc mow down anything they need to dispose of for a live event :(

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1