1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...etter-expansion-17-beta-and-preorders.596515/

EverQuest II: Reign of Shadows

• Get distracted by shiny things, knock things off of high places, hate dogs. Play as a Vah Shir! THAT'S RIGHT OUR FIRST NEW PLAYER RACE IN 5 YEARS!
    • 20 Reign of Shadows Prestige Advancement Points and 10 new Reign of Shadows Prestige Abilities.
    • Maximum Guild Level increased to 350 with an all new content-driven guild leveling mechanism.
    • Discover new Adventure, Tradeskill, and Signature quests as you investigate what secrets lay concealed in the endless gloom.
    • Master all new Solo, Heroic, Challenge Heroic, and Raid content in the perpetual shade of Luclin’s dark side!
    AA Revamp

Launching with Reign of Shadows, archetype and class Alternate Advancement abilities are getting a full revamp so that every point has an impact on how your character plays. These changes should not affect Kaladim in a significant way and we do not plan on having them affect future TLEs either. To see these changes before the launch of the expansion, please login to beta when it opens and check them out.​

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Summary:
    New race (no details)
    New prestige page (20 pts to spend on 10 abilities, no other details)
    New guild leveling gimmick (no details)
    Quests and instances (no details)

AA revamp (wording suggests only the first 2 AA pages, no other details)

TLE they don't 'plan' on the changes having a 'significant' impact on TLE servers.... that one almost made me spray my screen

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I heard that the pic was of a merc. From the looks of it, it looks like a Kerran with hair plopped on top of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I mean, Vah Shir are just an offshoot of Kerrans. Or the other way around. I don't remember.

5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I would like to know how they can make AA's for a TLE server and live servers that wont be complete crap on live and completely OP on TLE servers or vice versa.

I mean we are talking 8 million ability mod and 200k potency vs 1700 amod and 110 potency. Ill love to know how they will scale that to sort that disparity, unless they are going back to increasing base damage instead of a flat potency buff.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Some people seem to be very particular about the Vah Shir. There's been whining about them since before EQ2 launched that carried over to Next as well. If they aren't added right I expect to see a small but very vocal group of people loose their collective ****.

Personally I see them as just another generic anthropomorphized cat race and couldn't care less.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah right. Mess with the ones that will affect the lower level players the most and the only ones that TLE currently have. Nothing can go wrong there, can it?

And if my kerrans end up with hair they'll be permanently retired. Although chances are the whole game will be when I have to reset a gazillion AA points that break my playstyle. Never mind, I've recently become re-addicted to Daggerfall anyway :)

8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Players are concerned about the size of the expansion. There's still about 1/3 of the original Luclin expansion missing (for example no mentioning of the other major city).
    Is there going to be a Luclin Part 3 expansion next year or will they add some zones via GU ?

And Yes Kerra with Hair = Vah Shir.

9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Thankfully yes. Ttobey corrected his post and elaborated :)

10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Khajiit > Vah Shir > Kerra

But hey, it's fan service for someone, I guess.

11. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I've been officially out of game since May and I haven't seen enough to make me think that Luclin the Sequel will be any better than Luclin #1. The only thing that I see as interesting is the AA revamp. I believe that we were promised an extensive rebalancing of classes combined with an AA overhaul. So fixing the first two trees only, while adding even more abilities, doesn't really fulfill that promise in my opinion. But I'm at least willing to see what it looks like. Who knows, *maybe* I will be impressed enough to buy the peon version of the expansion and do some solo romping in my spare time.

12. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

Oh, one more thing about the AA revamp, Fiery Blast is the endline wizard ability for the class AA tree. It was broken since at least Kunark Ascending and they never even bothered to fix it. They just changed it to a largely useless activated ability. I will be especially curious to see what a new wizard class tree will look like.

13. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Yeah I was under the impression they were completely reworking the AA trees, but it sounds like they only made some balance adjustments to the first two trees. Kind of lame but I guess doing something is better than just ignoring how bad the trees were getting.

14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering that there are some class defining abilities in those pages (melee conversions for melee priests, T-shell for druids, immunity to root for wardens, etc) they could completely change who none, some or all of them are played depending on what changes they make.
    In the past I'd have been optimistic. Unfortunately they last handful of years have taken me from optimistic, to realistic, to dubious and beyond...
    Especially as somebody that primarily plays priests that last expacs have been making it harder and harder to enjoy myself in game.

The part of me that fell in love with EQ2 over a decade ago and made great friends is still there telling me that maybe, just maybe this will fix everything.... until I point out that all the AA changes in the world aren't going to fix the hidden caps on healing, bleedthrough, chaotic leech and the systematic efforts to nerf healer dps... to the point that, even in solo zones, healer dps is capped below all other archtypes... because, well, they've never actually given any reasons.. just told us to suck it up or leave.

Unfortunately, I fear this may be my time to wave goodbye to my friends in EQ2 and take the good memories I've managed to salvage from the fresher bad ones. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Let me join the group of "Colour me skeptical" about the AA Revamp and the new AA Tree.
    What Mermut says about the Healer Classes can be said about my class, the ranger class. We are fairly behind the main dps classes and any meaningful Utility has never happened.
    Considering Caith is involved in the AA Revamp and "Class Balance" i don't hold my breath.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Yeah, they're just gonna **** the bed as usual.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Arazons

Arazons Member

I'm betting the "all new content-driven guild leveling mechanism." is overseer achievement crap...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Arazons

Arazons Member

Way more than 1/3 missing...

Edit2: What they did was combine 3+ of the original zones into one of the 3 overland zones. They were the different overland biomes and camps along with the dungeons/instances. We didn't get Luclin Lite, we got Luclin Condensed. Some of those zones in EQ1, were massive and held a ton of content.

Its more like we got 1/3 of the zones rather than missing 1/3 in terms of quantity.

The original EQ1 Luclin zones were MASSIVE in terms of "size scale" and the speed at which you could travel through them.

So for BoL not only were the zones themselves missing in scale, scope and quantity, so was meaningful experiences and content within them. Overseer can be summed up as the ultimate 20 bear ass run. 20 bear ass here, 20 bear ass there... weekly... daily only works for so long.

Changing the costumes and theme of that gimmick every 6 months isn't going to fix the inherent problems with the main game loops or lack there of.

Every expansion we get fewer and fewer zones, quests, experiences, reasons to log in, reasons to stay logged in.. because they condensed the experience so much that it can be compared to a mobile game experience where your getting on, on a timer to click here and here and coming back tomorrow to do the same. And once a week click there too.

Luclin in upper Right Hand Corner

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Kerrans with hair. Well, sh*t, count me back in!

P.S. Expecting the AA revamp to provide overseer minions.

20. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well I just hope that Caith isn't in charge of the AA revamp, I don't find his work working out when he tries to do anything with "balance".
    Especially when he doesn't want to do something, it seems to become a major swamp mass in the middle of a city park.

• Agree Agree x 1