1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolving the item IDs in Ornament slots.

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Miauler, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Miauler

Miauler New Member

New to the API here, and the join syntax is looking quite nefarious to a beginner.
    What I'm looking to do is query a character, specifically the items list, and more specifically the ornament slots.
    Then join up the items themselves into the data set, such that there's a set of the slot, item name, ornament slot and ornament.

I've read the docs I can find on it, but must admit to not quite getting the brain around them at first shot. :) Any clues gratefully accepted. :)

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The trickiest part is determining which node you want. It took me a few minutes of trial and error -- and XMLTree -- to figure out what was needed. This merges data from the item collection into a character query. It pulls in the displayname and leveltouse, which should be a good start:

http://census.daybreakgames.com/xml...ame'leveltouse&c:show=name,equipmentslot_list

You'll need to change the %27 back into a single tick (') mark.

3. Miauler

Miauler New Member

Marvellous! Thanks for that!
    I'm currently believing that "inject at" causes the joined information to create a new field identifier (adornment_detail) in this case, and populate it with the set of joined information obtained from the item relation (join being effectively a left outer join by default).. Would that be accurate, or barking up the wrong tree?

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Yes you've got it. You could call it shovestuffhere and it would do it.