1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Some years ago I was in a guild with a guy who it seemed like everything he did or wanted to do in the game he'd ask people in guild chat how to get it done. He'd complain about being confused or lost or something. I have an impulse to try and help people if I know the answer so for a time I played along, but in this guys case I eventually just started giving the url for Zam and EQ2i. Or he'd ask something like, "Does anyone know this?..." And I'd respond with, "Zam knows." This actually made him mad. He openly admitted he just wanted to chat and he was hoping someone else would do the research for him and answer his questions. This was a guy who claimed to be former military and currently going to law school. Which, admittedly, could go either way to establish his character. Apparently, eventually pointing out that I thought he was a lazy, dishonest parasite I had no intentions of helping any more made me the bad guy, but they didn't want me to put guild mates on ignore. Go figure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Clearly he/she hasn't done any seasonal quests or heard of the wikia either...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

This is also my problem - too many years in support roles! Although I have to admit I did think long and hard before making the first post in that thread. A voice in my head was saying 'you're going to regret this ...' but I really wasn't expecting to be banging my head on the desk by the end of it :(

And the worst of it is you provide a nice simple solution and she's hellbent on not using it :( Still, I hope you all enjoyed the Epic Battle Tales and attached extensive Credit Lists :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

That was me, too. Crafting, alts, I did so many things to "remain relevant and able to help" it took years to wake up to the fact that my own priorities were neglected as a result. I still have that tendency today. I gotz issues, yo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

This can not be a real person. It's AI. Has to be. It's like that OP-ED recently written by AI talking about why humans shouldn't fear AI.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Holy crap, you may be right. Fangrim pointed out their spells were 90%+ Adept-level... and that they hadn't spent their AA's!!!

Gotta be ebay.

Edit: They have 26k potency and 548 resolve. At 110. My 110 Fury on Test blows that out of the water with crate gear, no weapon, and missing 3 pieces of equipment after items with prestige adorns got pulled when I went F2P.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Don't forget, this is the person who insisted on using level 10 food and drink at level 100 because it gave some basic stat, and was completely resistant to advice about using level-appropriate consumables.

In the words of the Irish: eejit.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Dear god, I've played with some truly clueless players in this game, but this one seems to be the #1.

Where is Sigdafria and her 10000 lists of help when you need her

• Like Like x 6
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So, basically, after all that ranting about the game shouldn't be punishing people for putting in the effort and money to make their character all powereful it turns out it's actually punishing her for not being as powerful as she's supposed to be at her level? Sweet justice :cool: And the simple solution is still to mentor down which she refuses to do.

My level 100 warden in only panda gear has over 3m health so barely managing to double that in the entire next tier that introduced the megabloat really can't be good. And it sort of looks like she gave up on AA. I looked at it after Fangrim commented and she seems to have allocated them out in the earlier tabs but not the later ones. And I have to admit I don't think I've allocated all my prestige ones either since I can never find anything worth putting them in that would benefit my playstyle. But no expert spells? Definitely not overspending on the powering up thing! o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

One gal that I raided with played an inquisitor and was gawdawful. They got to looking at her gear to see what her gear and stats were like, and she had a harvesting pick always in her charm slot. It wasn't the case of accidentally raiding with harvesting gear on because you forgot to swap out gear. She was just derpy dumb. Someone pointed it out to her, telling her you could keep it turned on and in your bags and you'd still get the harvesting bonus. She argued with Rothgar (lead dev at the time and our guild's MT).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  11. RhodrisNZ

Yes, we definitely need a *rolls eyes * post reaction.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It seems that this persons character is a 110 boost character that was created in 2013.
    They either just came back or are trolling everyone.
    The way they write reads like google translate output.
    It is a strange writing style to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's a robot. I swear. It's so calculated, repetitive, and full of what could be akin to AdSense words and phrases.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RhodrisNZ

Agree - the way she was talking about her crafting house where she offloads all her materials was like the blasted thing was for sale and she was advertising it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

To be honest the sense I get from it is simply 'ditzy female'. Which as a female I absolutely detest as their behaviour has a nasty tendency to give the rest of us a bad name.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Kudos to Tkia for her "patience" by explaining multiple times the same game mechanic in the same thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Patience? ROFL! I distinctly remember getting rather short and ratty with her in at least one of those posts :D

And the repetition is a learned behaviour from training computer users. Three is supposed to be the magic number. You tell it once to impart the information, twice on the assumption no-body was listening the first time, and a third time to reinforce it and make it sink in. If you still haven't got through after that it's probably a lost cause. Give up and go get a beer! :p

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

reminds me of a support case I took in the 2000's, right click on the desktop turned into Write click on the desktop.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

"Is it plugged in?" Is still the 1st thing I ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. RhodrisNZ

Along with "Is it turned on?" in the very next breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1