1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The new Trailer for the GU:

2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

'cos breaking more sh*t is more fun than fixing the already broken sh*t maybe? At this point I am way past trying to figure out the mentality behind all this stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Instead of trying to fix the things they've been slapping band-aids on for years, slap more band-aids on them. What could go wrong?

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So, does anyone here still play the game? I am wondering how it has been going. The forums don't have a lot of activity but I have noticed some farewell and complaint threads. I left in January, except for a couple weeks in May. Have the game updates since then actually improved the user experience? Population was already an issue when I left - is it still?

5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I've heard the TLE game balance this expansion is the best it's ever been, but I'm playing WoW so I won't be going back for it this TLE. I might if the next TLE is good though.

No idea how live is doing.

6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I still play, but not in current content and I've spent most of the last week in Morrowind. Current development trend seems to be to fix lousy game design decisions in recent content by applying a band-aid that breaks everything that went before, thus making a great effort at ruining the game for everybody alike. I think the one thing we can all agree on is that they excel at ruining their own game :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Aside from the spelling errors, how the hell do the idiots at DPG not see that they have gone too far with just increasing numbers every single expansion instead of focusing on content? Hell, if the abilities can cause integer rollover, there are more serious design issues than just the lack of care in the patch notes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

LOL!

Though it's starting to feel like they decided to peel off a few layers of band-aids, stick a shiv in a few times (and twist), then slap a bigger band-aid over the whole mess.

Even money says the word "balance" comes out of Kan-dud's piehole in the next week - as in, this is the start to better "balance" things in the future. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

They'll have Siggy respond to it and completely miss the point. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I still play the game on live.
    Population has decreased I believe, my guild is still raiding. Outlawz is still strong on HoF from what I see.

There has been a couple of updates which have improved the game and a couple that have not.
    The zoning lag has mainly been reduced, but sometimes it will take a while.

It seems that they are looking into removing or reducing infusing/weapon leveling. Hard to tell at this point as they will probably do a more pronounced change like that when we move into the next expac.
    Some other changes that you may or may not know about:
    • They changed the master craft stuff to accept any shadow rare rather than specific ones.
    • They have recently put some still relevant CD blue adorns (Ragebourne one and the one from the perfection raid) on the gear vendor in Seru
    Some other stuff they added:
    • Ethereal leveled cloak, jewellery, and class generic rune.
    • Some grindy quest for shards to get an activatable item that will be relevant for current and next expac raids and a green adorn.
    • The new GU which you can see on the forums easily.

I don't play TLE but they had a major recent update and there is some strange stuff going on with set bonus'. Which you have probably seen people talking about here and in the forums.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

She'll probably recommend that everyone level up crafting and make up some crafted crystal ball doo-dad that will foretell what you'll get after you've done the build-your-own bit :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Haven't left the GH in 2-3 months. Used to login daily for OS stuff, quit that about 6 -8 weeks ago, only login now (about twice a month) to check Krono prices selling while high and buying while low and do this to fund my FV habit on EQ1. With the state of crafting still as f'ed as it is at this point I doubt there is anything they can do to bring me back for a few expacs.

13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

325 views... The game is thriving for sure!

Just as comparison, Guild wars 2 released a teaser of their new expansion yesterday, 150k views. Will the EQ2 trailer break 1k views in a day?

Edit: Also inb4 someone figure out a way to infuse the new gear....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

ROFLMAO! You were so spot on and she didn't disappoint! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Meh, it wasn't a hard guess. 50-50 between that or seeing her point someone to the Wiki (and probably saying it was their fault for not updating the "People's Wiki"). :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Not me - left it earlier this year, around the time the Daiku Corral stupidity hit. I took one character through most of the BoL expansion, but just couldn't face doing it again with any of the others, realised that I was no longer having fun in the game (and hadn't for a long time), and cancelled my account.

Currently very happy bouncing between FF14, SWTOR, and GW2 (occasionally, when I'm in the mood to explore - such a beautiful game world).

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I sold my 15 year old EQ1 and EQ2 account this month. I spent around $9000 (Please dont tell me the game is not and have been p2w for T1 dps for years) on it in total through out the years and as far as EQ2 goes I have 98% of all achievements and its bis geared in both games for the current expansion. I managed to get 3 people interested in the account.

I managed to get $370 for it. With 30 days gametime on it and a krono after having it for sale for 1½ month.

I am never touching a daybreak game again despite being an almost life long everquest fan and I will never understand someone who still plays EQ2 and defend this company.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Game Design has gone wrong Part 125.
    It is not just that the Devs decided to make a contestant zone a Heroic one and not to mention the 5 Days lockout timer.
    It emerged now that you have to clear the zone multiple times (6 times i believe) in order to finish the Heroic Questline.

They effectively not only left Casual /Solo player out but also High End /Raider who are not in a large Guild or having a Main group for Heroics.
    How are you going to plan a PUG for about a month (even with Reset Timer Items)?

19. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

>>It emerged now that you have to clear the zone multiple times (6 times i believe) in order to finish the Heroic Questline.
    → I have been doing the weekly once a week since I have had the gear for the zones, it adds up to more than 6 times for the same zone ^_~. That shard quest takes much more than running a zone 6 times to finish.

>>How are you going to plan a PUG for about a month?
    • Get together with some in game friends and make a group?
    • Make a group from scratch; healer, tank, 2 dps and 1 support and an extra to fill your needs.
      It can take some time sometimes, but you can make a group easily enough.
      Just holler out what you need in channel.
      You may get the odd jerk, but mostly will be ok.
      I used to have to set out ground rules (pick a class to need for(if not current) and don't run in front of the tank) for pugs, but not so much anymore.
    • Put an alt in your personal guild hall in whatever capacity and join a larger guild on a temporary basis?

As for the undesirable stuff, the community will give them a kick in the keester for the bad points and the undesirable stuff should hopefully be watered down.

As for the solo and casual bit, I play around 2 hours a day so am not hardcore, but I would say it would be a stretch to call me casual.
    I have to say I have no interest in any of the events or decorating. These are not fun for me, so not everything is for everyone.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  20. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

FML, Siggy managed to push my buttons with some of her stupid-ass white knight bullshit this morning. *sigh*

I guess it's a problem only when it impacts other people, not her.

Edit: Should proofread more than twice when posting pre-coffee.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1