1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yes, but it's hardly just racist type comments that get old fast. "Have you ever seen a gnoll before?" :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

It has to be difficult to write dialogue for an MMO. In a regular RPG you might only talk to an NPC once and move on. In an MMO you might have to talk to the same NPC hundreds of times for months or years on end. It's not likely the staff has the time or inclination to write new dialogue on a regular basis for old content or that the company is going to spring for new VO work. No matter what they say it's bound to get old eventually.

Heck, that idiot inn keeper at the beginning of Baldur's Gate, "My old girl's as clean as an elven arse..." Who's throat do I punch to clear that from my brain pan? And that's not even an MMO, I've just played the game so many times over the years it stuck.

Things get compounded when there are people looking for a reason to start trouble or insert intent where it may not exist. That's more an issue with the real world climate and culture than the games, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The GU consist of 2 Raidzones, 1 x Heroics Zone, 4 x Adventure Quest and 1 Collection Quest. Solo Player keep asking (rightfully) where is the content for them.
    The Devs interact /design as if these game still has hundreds /thousands of player. The next weeks till the upcoming expansion comes will be very interesting to follow. I can see lots of player leaving the game if the next expansion is as bad as the last ones and it might the last expansion one if to many leave.

I laid out a bait on discord to see the mindset of the Devs. I asked if there's an "Open Beta" in a sense like the old ones where you only had to be member. Considering how bad this expansion is that would have been a good move.
    Kander's response "There will always be a Pre-Access Beta" as in pay for it upfront. This tells you a lot.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Apparently Dev(s) (Caith) designed a new Lvl120 upgrade spell that in its current form nobody uses.
    Rangers got (again) screwed with the Ascension like AE Combat Art "Shadebringer", without modifications it is on 10:15 min Recast and 3.5 secs casttime ! We've AAs and good Gear it is on a 6min Reuse Timer and 3 secs. casttime.

Many other spells are like this, Dirges get little fervor for Priests for example, and the question is why do they spend Dev time of stuff that's not gonna be used.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It's one thing for devs not to play their own game. It's another for them to not understand their own game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Feldon

I posted this on the OF in the announcement thread:

The thing about focusing an entire GU on raiding and high end grouping is, it kinda requires the basics to work -- class balance, itemization, healing, utility, etc. If that's not in the cards, then content should really be focused on casual and storytelling where it's ok if one class is 3x as powerful as another or some classes are entirely broken in raid settings with no signs that anything is going to be done to fix it.

Devs seem to be trying to court race car drivers with OEM parts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

There are changes coming for the player base, but this time they are beneficial for them.

As per Kander on Discord "Weapon Levelling will be taken out of the game" meaning no more Grinding Weapon essences as a meaning of progression.
    This has probably a lot to do the way they want to weapons next expansion. Weapons will only have basic Pot & Sta Stats and thy rest will be choices via adornments /Augments.

"Item infusing will be taken partly out of the game" only BIS Items will be infusible.

kander-gu115.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Both of those changes will negatively affect casual players whether they realize it yet or not.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

*facepalm*

****ing idiots (pardon my French).

It's almost like they don't play their own game, except on a spawned GM character to "test" something for 30 minutes at a time. Then they want to bitch, whine, and complain about how they don't understand why players have so much "stuff" in their bags & bank, and why would they possibly need more storage?

Case in point: Fragments and Essence of Chaos. "Oh, after months of getting rid of them because they're for old content and we accidentally/on-purpose included them in the Overseer loot table, guess what: You now need them for this new, super-awesome thingy!"

Oh, you deleted that super-important item from 4 expacs ago?! Sorry, that's a new, critical piece of the story.

LOL, I suppose I should thank them - every time I even THINK about wanting to return, they pull some other stupid **** that nips that urge in the bud. I mean- when you pull something from the game (say, like the pre-items made as part of the linked crafting process at launch) maybe you should, I dunno, REMOVE THEM FROM PLAYER STORAGE TOO?! I wonder how much resources a pass to remove those would save? I mean, I literally had a stack or three of the quills used for spells and arts in my bank until earlier this year, along with multiple stacks of armor components.

*sigh* You know the sun is setting when it's no longer about doing the best you can to make things better, and just about trying to push out enough mediocre crap to stick on the wall, that it doesn't splash back and make your ENTIRE workspace smell.

But crap is crap, and when you play with it long enough, you're gonna get splattered. Learned that from a smart pig, I did.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

What a CF. That makes no sense at all. Just more bloat on top of bloat.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Speaking of bloat, lol'd at these:

- Put a cap on the amount of heal ability modifier Wrath's Blessing can grant, to prevent it from rolling over into a negative value.
    - Ethermancy's effect now caps out to prevent it from rolling over into a negative intager.

(Also, it always bums me out that no one proof reads the patch notes, see: intager in the above patch line, "may now effect raid encounters" being copied and pasted all over the place. Just looks unprofessional.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

The poor grammar is just the cherry on top of the don’t-give-a-f**k sundae.

Edit: Typo, apparently I care more than they do...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Thanks Endymion. It's nice to know it's not just me. That second one is a real pet peeve of mine and seeing it on line after line after line nearly drove me to the edge of sanity!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'm so glad I corrected my typo of effect/affect before y'all posted that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Feldon

So they want to cash in on TLE and nostalgia, but they've gotten rid of set bonuses which is literally how all of the itemization in TSO worked. I mean...

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I like this:
    Most items obtained from The Fabled Plane of War [Raid], Solusek's Eye: The Calling [Heroic], and Solusek's Eye: The Calling [Raid] will not be able to be infused or planar leveled. These items will instead drop at a stat level at a percentage of where they could have been increased too. Only Celestial Tier items from The Fabled Plane of War [Raid], Solusek's Eye: The Calling [Heroic], and Solusek's Eye: The Calling [Raid] may be infused or planar leveled.​

The ability names in the update notes are not the ones in our spell books, probably internal names that the new guy didn't know he had to convert.
    But it seems that maybe we will be able to use control effects in raids? I dunno we will see. Will see what happens.
    I would like it to affect heroic named as well, but one can only wish. As a coercer my cc abilities are useless in all heroic (except maybe Reishi Expert), and raids.

The adorns Kandor talked about making things more customization for future content with regards to gear procs, thought he only talked about weapons and new expac items, so I guess it is an idea that spawned from that.
    We will see.

18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Um, does this mean that when TSO hits we'll be getting dumped with a stupid adorn for evey piece of gear that drops in a build-your-own-gear mode? :rolleyes:

Edit: And this is a very good point - New Turquoise Adornments | EverQuest 2 Forums. Wonder how they're going to address that one?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  19. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

These items will instead drop at a stat level at a percentage of where they could have been increased too

==>

Armor: -25% Pot, > -50% Stamina
    Jewelery: + 5-10% Pot > -50% Stamina, -25% CB, -25% AB

Values are estimated.
    No one will use this new Armor / Jewelery pieces.

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Why, why, why....can't they just focus on fixing/correcting the broken sh*t and leave it at that???

I mean, it doesn't take super-uber game design and engineering knowledge to understand that replacing broken sh*t with more broken sh*t is not clever, creative, innovative, or appealing to customers.

"Welp, players hate "x", so lets just replace it with "y", but make sure "y" is substantively the same thing "x", because reasons."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2