1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Daybreak Games Buys Cold Iron Studios

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Ichoris, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ichoris

Ichoris New Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Seems like the studio has a shady past with a lot of different owners. They prob approached many companies and only daybreak games would be interested in buying a in spending money into a game that has such a shady past and been in development since 2015.

Cold Iron Studios Got Purchased by Scopely, Only to Be Sold Again Soon

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/70137/new-alien-mmo-shooter-doomed-devs-getting-sold-twice/index.html

The twitter comments isn't very joyful either.

What else can you expect at this point from this company though.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I did laugh at someone saying "At least it wasn't EA". I think EA would be better off than DBG...

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

EA really hasn't even been that bad recently...

At any rate literally any AAA publisher would be better than Daybreak.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Arazons

Arazons Member

I think it will be a great fit! Cut from the same cloth. 2 peas from the same pod. 2 long lost development studios, meeting by chance on the beach. Maybe, just maybe, together they can deliver this ugly love child to the world. /s

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The OF post on this got the scorched earth treatment. Guess who caused that?

7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Gone completely? Last time I saw it DW had removed his assinine post citing 'no politics please' but the thread was still there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Still there just minus several comments.

9. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The player who has not to be named and should stop posting did it again. He showed his "political Agenda" and said that the owner of DBG is also the owner of the "Left" Los Angeles Times. The slang "Left" and "Lefties" is nowadays used by white rightwing guys. That's why Dreamweaver came and said "No Politics on the forums".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ah, I guess there must have been responses to that post after I went to bed that I never saw. I just got DWs uodate and noticed the one obviously missing post.

11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Oh look, the investment firm managed to find another cheap company to milk.

12. Dorothea987

Dorothea987 WhysperWynde alt

So now the whole kitNkaboodle has been bought by EG7? And I read somewhere that Cold Iron Studios was handling the upcoming Alien Title? So Daybreak bought into soon to come Alien game and now EG7 owns all of it? I truly hope that EG7 is going to bring improvements to recent EQ2 developments including some problems I see people harking on now like EQ2 mercenaries changes, Health Skills changed, no POI on recent maps (could be because people have not yet explored reformed Luclin moon.) Let's keep our fingers crossed that EG7 doesn't just want to start new franchises/games but heal problems recently popped up in current games like EQ2.