1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

They won't shut the game down, as long as there are silly people willing to pay $180, or so every year, for each member of their bot-armies, for the pointless, boring, broken expansion.
    Hell, People even fall for the "PRE-ORDER EARLY AND GET SPECIAL USELESS ****!!!!!!" (non-refundable).

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

That's my point, though. Every day people leave games for whatever reason. The older the game is the less likely it is that people will return. Even without the incompetence, laziness, malicious practices, and whatever other stupid things SOE/DBG/DPG have been up to that drive customers away, attrition is still happening. All of those instances of them screwing the pooch are just speeding it up. At some point EQ2 won't have enough people left willing to burn their money on the game, and I don't expect the game to last a quarter longer than whenever that moment is registered on a spreadsheet.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I think the older the game the more likely it is that someone returns but that is probably just personal confirmation bias at work. I've played, hell I don't know, 20 ish MMOs over the years and the only ones I return to are EQ1 and 2. That being said, I also stay in touch with almost every woman I have ever dated for any length of time. Some of those women go back to the early 90s. I just went on a date with someone last week who I also went on a date with in '92. '94, '95, '98, and 2006. Most likely I'm just a sentimental fool who is scared of committing to anything with even the hint of long term possibilities.

I miss my therapist.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So for the First time Dreamweaver announced something on the eq2forum before Discord !!!

The next GU will have : Plane of War Fabled (to please the Raider) and Soloske's eye "The Calling" which seems to be a Lord Nagafen raidzone. There are also heroics but nothing has mentioned for Solo Player so far.
    However Dreamweaver said there is more information to come.

The GU has an open Beta, but raids are scheduled.

By the Way the name of the GU is "Reignite the Flames"..Let's see about this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

DPG is bringing back eq2flames.com, the best part about EQ2.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

BWAHAHAHAHA

someone forgot to pay the bills.....

edit: Might be just the mobile certificate, looks fine to FireFox on desktop.
    edit2: ...and now it's being flagged on Firefox (which originally indicated a 2021 expiration, so perhaps they're doing some backend work or something).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I hope this PoW lasts 4 years like the original

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, my Firefox bitched about the security earlier too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Want to know how long Kander has been trying to make the Solusek's Eye: The Calling raid zone happen?

It shows up in ZAM's last data scrape from EQ2 game data from 2011. He also mentioned it to me at the last SOE Live.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

News from beta....
    "Currently Healing is apparently broken and tank regen spells are strongest heals and same with shaman dogs"

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Apparently that's also a Heroic Dungeon with the Size of a contested Dungeon on a 5 days lockout timer.

12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

da fuk?

13. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Lockout timers are the absolute worst thing to have ever been added to MMORPGs. Nothing ruins that "live world" feel more than being told I've had enough "fun" -- come back next week for another round of disappointment. I think I honestly preferred the old-school method of checking areas every once in a while to see if mobs were up, or even camping their spawn points. At least then there was reason to look at the content beyond ticking a "to-do" box every reset day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

New raid zones... heals and wards are 1/4 of what they are in current raid zones.
    My mystic's grp ward is hitting for 276m instead of the normal 1.1b

That's <long string of creative and descriptive words>.

How, exactly, is it supposed to be 'fun' for healers when new content just means our arts get more and more useless?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    That's the nerf in the new fabled raid zone... means that healers are, effectively, leave 3/4 of their gear 'outside' when the zone into the new raids. At least as far as it comes to actually performing their role in raids.
    Image how dps would react if their dps was nerfed by 3/4 (in a zone with higher dps checks) just for zoning into a raid zone....

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Former EQ Programmer Aziiil interviews JChan. Its mostly EQ and their TLE related, but you may find it still useful and informative.

twitch.tv/averylovingrobot

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Meanwhile, Square dropped the preliminary patch notes for tomorrows patch... on Friday.

Edit: Full notes are now out. I love how they do it - a floating navi panel on the left side to make things easy to find, nice visual identifiers to show what expansion a change applies to, pre-reqs clearly outlined. Man, Caith should take some notes (no pun intended), lol

I mean, it's a patch - it's free. And they still did a trailer:

I'm still doing HW content so this won't be a huge deal for me, but there's some nice quality of life things that I'll be able to use right away, like flying in ARR zones, etc. Kinda curious what specifics will drop tomorrow when the downtime starts. :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

You mean like they've been doing for the past 4 years with Potency mitigation on damage? At least you have the numbers visible and not hidden...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They ARE hidden on live.. it was during beta with a GM temporarily visible. The debuff on players still shows only meaningless numbers.
    Also, priests do DPS, so I'm familiar with the potency mit. That has a break point value.. when you get 'enough' potency your dps jumps back up to where it should. There is no 'magic number' for stats to make heals get back up to where the 'used to be'. There is no way to make up 126k pot, 4.1k cb, 275 pot and 3m ab mod.
    My mystic's ward in 'current' raid content is 1.1b, in that zone it was 256m. The damage pulses on each member were 75-100m every 3 sec... ever with BT that means the grp ward explodes in, at most, two ticks on the group. And when people die, healers get grief. It doesn't matter if we're effectively reduced to ToT levels of stats or not.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  20. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

The fact there are (possibly) 38 achievements for the Overseer tells me all I need to know about the state of EQ2.

• Agree Agree x 7