1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Priests are already screwed. The caps on heals (and yes, there are clearly some sort of hidden caps) haven't changed in 3 expacs. With the massive increases in potency, crit bonus, fervor and ab mod, wards are still capping at just over 1bil.. point and group wards, even though the tooltip for group wards is double+ the size of point wards.
    Taking off all armor slots (in a GH with no intentionally vague heal debuff to further muddy things) makes only a barely noticable difference in ward sizes.
    ps: there IS a more detailed description of what the heal debuff does, the devs INTENTIONALLY hide it from players 'because reasons'
    [​IMG]
    All this while systematically nerfing healer dps for the last 3+ expacs
    And now they're nerfing defensive stats.

I can't even begin to imagine how they think ANY of these things make the game more enjoyable to play.. and they certainly aren't about to share the 'why' of what they're doing when they frequently decline to tell us even the 'what'.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

ROFL - yeah, this much I know! Thankfully I'm nowhere near as screwed as you are since I refuse to even play in these recent expansions where they've broken things so spectacularly. My Kaladim toon just hit 70 and is entirely kitted in solo quest and mob drops so the number differences on her aren't actually that big and I'm hoping won't make a huge difference, it's just that they seem so baffling, far-reaching and unrelated to the stated changes.

Which begs the question: 'how truthful are they being about the changes they made?'

I'm about to go log in and try hitting things to see how it goes. So far she's been happily smacking yellow mobs with no real worries as long as I pay attention and don't overpull. I remember my main warden in the original Kunark release couldn't handle anything more than blues as the mobs all hit like trucks and took about an hour each to kill! Ah, those were the days ... thank heavens for melee spec AAs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder on how EQ2U item caching works: If you load the item_details page for an item on EQ2U, we grab a fresh copy. So a lot of the Deathless items can still be viewed with stats if you do an item search or view a character and just view popups. But the moment you click on item details, it will update on EQ2U to the statless version.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ironically, all reforged and infused stats are on the 'actual' in game items.. well.. the extra from the infusing and the changed stats from reforging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

DW keeps using the phrase, "Smoketested" on both 1 and 2 forums. Is Smokejumper back or what?

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I got a new favorite quote from the everquest 2 official forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I used to joke that EQ2 was the most expensive, computer resource-intensive, unstable, demanding chat program ever devised.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. EvilTreerat

EvilTreerat New Member

At an educated guess they want a more Korean-ish raiding scene. Aka you bring a handful of healers for you tanks and a few to chain revives on the rest.
    Why? Two reasons. First it's a cheap and easy way to artificially inflate the difficulty of "content", which in turn makes it take longer to beat. Second, less time to do damage makes getting out the absolute max damage when dps classes are alive more important. In other words it shoves more people to loot crates for the special infuses and maxing out skill ranks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. EvilTreerat

EvilTreerat New Member

I wish. The Smokejumper I knew as a Planetside dev would have never let that dumpster fire patch go live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've players a healer since I started playing EQ2 (just before Shadow Oddessy released). I've always know healing was mostly thankless... for most of the time, healing has been at least rewarding.
    At this point there is no gear that a healer can get that improves their ability to do their job of keeping people alive and their target's gear and health is more important than the healer's abilities in determining if the healer can keep them alive.
    Since they've also nerfed healer dps so hard, even on fights that are trivial to heal.. there is nothing else useful healers CAN do besides mash those heal buttons..
    Make it so people WILL die, no matter what, will mean even few people willing to play healers... while making it so more healers are required.... it's beyond stupid.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Maybe I'm just bad at playing my character, but I am often beaten on the parse by healers on my Coercer.
    Me 8-10B, healer 12B-20B.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. EvilTreerat

EvilTreerat New Member

Of course its beyond stupid. Just like the entire Luclin expansion.

The staff at Darkpaw really don't care about EQ2. At all. Every word and action they taken since SOE was sold has been to use EQ2 as a sacrificial shield to protect EQ from being subject to pay to win. Now add to that apathy the near psychopathic levels of arrogance developers are prone to. Then heap in wide spread incompetence as the capable staff were either transferred to other branches of Sony, headhunted by other companies, or got laid off because keeping capable people costs more than hiring last-chancers.

The result is what EQ2 is now. Bad ideas get pushed to live because the staff lack the understanding to realize it's a bad idea, the humility to accept that someone else can see the problems in their idea, and any concern for what the result of those bad ideas being pushed to live are.

Fixing that requires fixing a den of defective people who believe that they are perfect. And the only fix for that kind of person gets the fixer locked up for life.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

If i read the patch notes correctly than the devs "fixed"something that "was working as intended" but in favor of the player.

Prior to the patch you could "save up" weeklies and have double or triple weeklies to finish, not to mention sometimes after a server reset you would get another set of weeklies.
    A lot of people came with that amount of weeklies into the Summer ethereals and within days they first had the cloak at lvl3 and than at Lvl5 shortly after.

I'm guessing they calculated the amount of time needed for items to farm far longer than this. So they stopped saving up weeklies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Well, they need people logging in daily to get their coins so they can have evidence that people enjoy doing it every day. Getting them all at once might prove that people will intentionally game the system precisely to avoid needing to do it every day, and that tells an entirely different story that just doesn't work for them.

Presto-chango, it's your fault they designed it badly in the first place, and it's gone now that you have the temerity to use it as-designed to avoid their time gate. But don't worry, they waited until after anyone that wanted to "exploit" it did so, so if you didn't: sucks to be you.

I always thought a more fair system would be one that allows someone to earn up to a certain amount of "allowed" coins that increases over time. On day 1 you can have earned up to 8. So you get 8, and the rest don't stick. On day 2, you can have up to 16, if you already have 8 you can get 8 more, and no more. If you have none on day 2, well you can run twice the zones and get up to 16. It would let people catch up without being punished for missing days. And maybe the event could just stay live after so it doesn't have to be done and won't lock people out for a year. But because of the upper limit on earning, you've still set a hard line in the future for the earliest possible time someone can unlock your special "prize", and if it requires a high amount of tokens, other game features will necessitate that the player can't simply come in the last day and get them all -- it'll still require the same amount of time from them, but it lets them decide when it's best FOR THEM. What a customer-centric design that allows people to join in late and still catch up.

But it's customer-centric, and f**k those morons. 8 coins a day (if you're a subscriber), 60 days to earn them, and you need 460 out of 480 possible to get everything you need or some such. That's "fair", it gives you a day or two off in case you know... grandma dies or you have to exist in the real world at all. Perhaps to earn the money you're supposed to be shoveling to DPG.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Apparently Prathun has left DPG. This affects 1 more than 2, if 2 at all, but that's 18 years of experience with the game gone.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So a couple of weeks ago they sold the "must have" 100 Dollar/Euro/your currency Familiar aimed for high end player.
    Now they sell "gambling boxes" with fluff stuff (besides a rare familiar)as part of the Tinkerfest aimed for casuals /Solo player.

Probably in September /October there will be new steel crates with special Mercs /Mounts. I really don't like this "milking" anymore.

In sheer contrast is that DPG game is getting worse and worse. The Devs now created a very toxic and explosive environment on the TLE Server Kaladim.
    Kander's promises in the podcasts (Itemization, Mount) for example not kept.
    The Item database gets worse and worse. Last time they removed defensive stats from Tank Gear, after Tuesday's Server reset Tank items had def stats removed again and Mage Gear now has Hate gain added to it.

People are leaving Kaladim in large numbers as i read it on Discord and EQ2 forums.

Dreamweaver finally opened Player's eyes that Discord is the most important place for game information now and the EQ2foum is secondary.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  17. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

[​IMG]
    Don't worry though, they learned their lesson after last expansion.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  18. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Oh yeah, I chimed in on that, as did Tanto, JRox, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head. I'd say it's even money that it gets locked after folks start sharing their ban impressions/experiences.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's rhetorical but how do they manage to **** up the itemization the same way twice plus add a new **** up to the mix?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Arazons

Arazons Member

sheer incompetence

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1