1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've played every other single game that's been mentioned or recommended and none of them do for me what EQ1 and 2 do. /Shrug. That being said, I haven't logged in to 2 in 3 weeks except for 5 minutes to pay GH rent and check Krono prices since I play on FV (free trade) in 1. I have been playing EQ1 like mad tho. I'm sure I could find something, eventually, to fix the 2 withdrawals, but there really is nothing to fix the 1 jones. I played Vanguard for a couple years, GW2 for about a year, neither did it for me. FFXIV, well, it ain't my thing. I imagine DPG will be getting my money until it's not taking money.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Isn't there a Vanguard emulator in the works? I would think that would appeal to EQ2 players more than EQ2 does.

I can't even imagine what would convince me to re-install EQ2 at this point. Not with so many other options out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

You can putz around in the world in the Vanguard emulator but it'll never be anything more than a curiosity unless someone Ocean 11s the data out of DBG. No way will all of that data ever be recreated, even if they had anything to base it on the overlap of people with the time, skills and interest to make it happen is vanishingly small.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

that's a shame

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

inb4 the patch notes will say "fixed a bug where potions could be auto consumed and food be stacked"... just so he don't have to admit he is wrong.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I'll always miss the lore and world, but EQ2 has definitely abandoned most of the things that made the EverQuest franchise, as a whole, so great in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

This is absolutely not out of the realm of possibility.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

One of the few things in this podcast that i found interesting is when Kander said they are "Soulsearching" for the new expansion, "Soulsearching" as in " Redeeming" . My concern is that they can't do this. As i said before in order to redeem for this expac they would have to launch a "RoK" like expansion and they simply don't have the resources.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

When so many of the devs are actively hostile towards constructive criticism (and even just non-softball questions), one wonders how much useful 'soul searching' they're capable of...

• Agree Agree x 10
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've never heard Kander, or really, any of the rest of the bunch admit they were wrong about something. I quit listening or believing anything from people like that years ago.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

People who can't admit any wrong doing right upfront are only slightly more disturbing to me than those who give some vague HR speak version of a non-admission before effectively denying everything and passing the buck. If the dev team for EQ2 ever wanted to win me over they'd have to shut up and produce results. They've long since devalued their own words.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Just the latest round of the apology tour as it comes time to sell expansion preorders again...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I doubt I buy another EQ2 expac at all but I will absolutely not buy a pre-order again. The whole "Beta by pre-order" is ridiculous anyway and they'll put some bauble in it that will make it almost required for raiders but I don't raid.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Or, they're finally admitting that the intent all along was to end up with a p2w raiding game.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Does "soulsearching" mean hiring new minions... err, devs?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I saw that and just shook my head. Who in the world would want to pack up and move to San Diego in that real estate market for a job on a sinking ship.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Their intern pool must have dried up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Eh, for people who want to get their start in the games industry it's probably better than trying to land a QA position at another company and working your way up from there. Not sure if they're still covering relocation costs (I doubt it and I don't see any mention of it on the hiring page) but that was a nice perk as well. Regardless of what company you join in the games industry, the axe looms overhead all of the time. Obviously that's true in any industry, but as we all know the games industry is particularly notorious for layoffs. :p Despite whatever reputation you may think DBG/SOE has, I still get hit up by recruiters from companies like Rockstar who see it on my resume so it's not like some black mark or anything. It also would not surprise me if the games are doing better than ever now due to the pandemic ****.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Yesterday demonstrated again what quality product they sell.
    First off yesterday after 3 weeks , and not 2 weeks, was another patch day. The patch hit live after enormous amount of time testing the changes.
    Than something new, never seen before, happened. Changes to a TLE Server effecting the Live Server.....

They were removing defensive stats on Gear for TLE.

Guess what ? You had naked Tanks (Resolve, Pot, HP and CB wise) on Live as all Stats from the Deathless /Mitigation Set were removed.

That meant no Raiding for Thurgadin and Europeans on other server.

You couldn't even make it up.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I'm still trying to work out exactly what they did on TLE. Although the posts said 'tanks' and 'defensive' I took screenshots before and after expecting problems and I'm seeing changes everywhere. These are the details I posted to the OF last night:

"Of all the enhanced stats I had 3 have stayed the same, 2 have gone up and 2 are no longer enhanced at all. Everything else has gone down by some degree. The one that seems to have gone down the most and totally baffles me is elemental resist, apparently compensated by a similar increase to arcane resist. Hello? Druid class here - aren't we supposed to be the masters of ELEMENTAL magics? Why am I suddenly being turned into a mage? And have necros lost their noxious bonuses too? Tip for the devs: not all casters are created equal.

And while a minor increase in cast speed isn't a bad thing in itself, as a melee specced warden who rarely casts and spends her life getting hit around the head by mobs I'd much rather have my health, mitigation and avoidance numbers that I itemised for back thank-you-very-much. I'm guessing the other melee priests are in the same boat - at least they get to wear better armour."

I know I'm wearing a couple of pieces with 6/7 defensive skill stat so I was expecting to lose those and probably take a mitigation hit but why do defensive changes hit my power pool or flip my resists speciality from elemental to arcane? Can anyone enlighten me? :confused::confused::confused:

And I did check and screenshot again this morning. Nothing has changed in her stats following the emergency patch so they obviously didn't revert any TLE changes even though they took Kaladim down with the rest.