1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I wouldn't give them too much credit. As someone who quit that game only a few years ago, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of those bugs will go straight to live and the "feedback" will be answered via Ion telling everyone that the players don't actually know what they want. They're masters of the "song and dance" technique, but that game has legendarily lengthy content droughts, a vehement hatred of fun, terrible class/spec balancing, and fanfic-grade writing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the average MMORPG player could probably hop on that game brand-new and get a solid year or two of enjoyment out of it. Once you're all caught up and at the end game content, however, you're going to very quickly see how little there is to do...and how painfully monotonous it is.

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This is known: DPG customers do not understand how to have fun, thus, they are not credible sources of information.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

No, no, it's not that DPG customers don't know HOW to have fun, it's just that they don't know WHEN they're having fun. OBVIOUSLY if they do the same tedious task over and over and over again it MUST because they're 'having fun'. Whether or not said task is the ONLY way of getting an important item is 100% irrelevant!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Kander's Candor Episode 10

Quality of Life Changes
    Potentially can change one Window Size for People with Eye problems and higher resolution Screes by the end of the year but not enough Engineering time to do a complete overhaul. That being said they are looking into upgrading the UI.

Updating the Web browser is not on their priority list and will take engineering time and costs they are not willing to spend at the moment.

Generally
    They stopped doing VOs for all NPCs /Races as it is a cost factor. Only Expansion important NPCs /Bosses will still have a VO.

High End /Raiding
    On Request they won't change the Flawless Raidbuffs into a clicky spell in your spellbooks and for all Alts. However they are planning /thinking turning the Buff into an adornment (passive buff) and be purchasable for alts that way. Those will have a special slot ("Rainbow" colored slot - O-Tone Kander) it will cause less loading /lags and easier for an account wide flag.

Weapons Customizable - One of the things they plan for the next expansion is weapons to be (fully) customizable. Those will only come with base CB/Pot/Sta Stats. You can choose than between Caster /Tank /Melee Stats adornments as well as effects.

It was again mentioned that the AA Revamp and..you gusses it..Class balance is being worked on for the next expansion.

Kander again pointet out that Raiding is there focus for the next expansion. Not sure how casuals /solo player should feel about this.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

In other words, they pretty much just gave up.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Well, since they stopped with the playerstudios and not making hardly any new house items on the cash shop (used to be new ones pretty much every week), the new whales are raiders that p2w.. so I am not surprised.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I was under the impression they did that some time back. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

This expac they killed crafting through neglect, next expac their plan is to kill solo and heroics through neglect....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Arazons

Arazons Member

I don't know if we can really call incompetence neglect. hehe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Another expansion with nothing but laggy raiding you login to do three times a week.

Hey Darkpaw games, its 2020, not 2008.

Zero originality left in this company.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

TS snafu wasn't incompetance, it was 100% neglect. They weren't planning on having a TS sig line at all until one of the devs volunteered... and they decided (or informed him) part-way through the sig lines developement that there would be no flying.. too late for it to be designed with that in mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ok, this post Transcript: Kander's Candor Episode 10 - The Echo of Dark Caverns | EverQuest 2 Forums made me go and read a chunk and it's rather depressing.

In addition to being in ignorance on how potions work he goes on to say something about making them potions instead of food in order to be able to stack. Food has been made in stacks of at least 2 since launch day! And this level of game ignorance from the lead developer - what hope is there? Or is it just an unthinking BS response?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Potions don't auto-consume, food doesn't stack...
    Auto-consuming food 'causes problems' (when what he really means is 'the buff we give people in 'solo' zones so we can have them fight heroic mobs wasn't well thought out)
    Information and honesty definitely aren't found in abundance in Kander's podcast...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Wait, the lead developer actually said potions don't auto-consume and food doesn't stack?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yup. Like I said - no hope. Although, like Mermut I think he was really lying through his teeth because he doesn't want to tell us why they really don't want to do it or admit that *they* broke food.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Arazons

Arazons Member

Lead developer who has been there for quite a while on top of it... Lead developer who doesn't know how some of the most basic mechanics work. He even has access to the code base to look and see how it works!!! Nothing screams software is in maintenance mode like when you downright absolutely refuse to even look to see how something works.

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Based on all of this...and no disrespect to the current player base...but why? Why give them your money (if that applies) and more importantly your precious time? I mean this is a real clown show and Kander is the lead clown. It really boggles my mind why people bother with EQ2 any more.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Because in many ways EQ2 is quite unique and there are no viable alternatives out there for some of us :(

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I was that way for a long time, but it got the point where the negatives far outweighed the positives for me. Even things like nostalgia, friends or a lack of viable alternatives wasn't enough to keep me there.

I can over look a lot, but the one thing I can't is the clear disdain that the company has for its player base (no matter what they call themselves). My heart goes out to the player base still lingering.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  20. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

How is eq2 unique in 2020?

Other than having no content outside of raiding and network lag and not being able to run on a 2020 computer in raids with graphics on.

• Agree Agree x 5