1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

The wool over the eyes is getting thinner.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zynt, May 13, 2020.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'm starting to think that Benito is the love child of Kander and Sigdafria at this point.

He is either not entirely there in the head, being paid by DPG, or is an alt account of a developer/DPG employee.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Burrito is merely a troll with a desperate need for attention.

Now, here is the dilemma for the rest of us: Despite an abundance of feedback to the contrary, he really believes he's far cleverer and more intelligent than he actually is, so it's not his intentional trolling that's annoying, it's his ignorance of himself.

Edit and P.S.:

I see that Charlice has abandoned her attempt to be calm and measured on the OF.

Things are about tho get far more entertaining (at least until she gets suspended again).

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Benito posting in a thread is usually the CKOD. All useful discussion stops and it's a sh!tstorm until it gets locked and people (not Benito) get suspended or banned. He's essentially co-moderator.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That's better than hearing Charlie Brown's teacher like I do. I especially like when he tells someone to "stay on topic" when they are directly replying to one of his points.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

To me, the discussion of whether F2P hits the mark and the discussion of whether F2P should be restricted/revised are separate. My personal feeling is that F2P should be the vanilla game - level 50, no AAs, spells up to grandmaster, no fast travel, broker only through the proper NPCs, etc. You can limit chat channel spam in other ways but make F2P players able to access chat. That's all interesting discussion.

What that particular poster is saying is that, if "we" restrict F2P even more, then those F2P people will subscribe, and that will increase revenues, and then Darkpaw will move away from the pay-to-win model. This is ridiculous for two reasons, first is that F2P players are not going to subscribe en masse if their ability to play the game is further restricted. Some will, most won't.

Second reason is that even if they picked up 10,000 additional monthly subs from this, they would not move away from pay-to-win. Why would they when they can lock the strongest items behind $150 expansions and $1.50 a pop gambling boxes and people will pay. While I obviously have not seen the profit/loss statements for Daybreak, I'm sure a huge chunk of revenue comes from the 1,000 or so raiders who pay $150 for a yearly premium expansion, $25/mo for subscriptions (most raiders pay for at least two subscriptions), and $40-$50/mo on average for kronos/loot boxes etc. This revenue stream is too valuable and getting even 10,000 additional subscriptions would not cause Darkpaw to give it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Well if you go into the Discord Raidchat you will see a more and more increasingly "Anti P2W" sentiment among the Raiders. That is besides the "Thurgadin Whales" (which is not a new Sports Franchise).

Raiders realize that there will be no Class Balance or Raidmobs like the good old times. The statbloat gets bigger and bigger with new seasons of more powerful familiars, Mercs and Mounts (gear).

We have effectively now a P2W Raidmob unless the encounter will be nerfed.

Lord Inquisitor Seru (Challenge Mod) - The DPS check is so high that you need T1 DPS that can only be achieved by purchasing premium infuser. I would even go sofar that as a DD you need atleast the Premium Mount fully levelt. Raid - and the Crate Mount drops inconsistent or you need to spend up to 1400 Dollar for them (Crate Mount).

Now for 2 Expansions the Normal /Challenge Mode Raidcontent with 5 -8 tiers of resolve went only so far. It is pretty much understood among Raiders that people above ask Gninja to stretch Raidcontent so it lasts longer. That is why Raidmobs aren't in game or buggy all the time. If it wouldn't for those things than in both expansion the Raidcontent would be finish by now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I love benito. Now he wants to be the judge of someone that got banned from discord and he just cant believe they kick people for almost nothing.

Ill be honest though, something is wrong with that dude.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's just self-important. As far as F2P goes, it's worth the $15/mo for fast travel alone and if people won't pay the sub for that then limiting further gameplay isn't going to do anything but decrease revenue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I know I have a no politics rule but Benito is unquestionably a far right libertarian. They believe that everything is worth what people are willing to pay for it -- including health care, medication, drinkable water, oxygen, etc. Why shouldn't people with money have grotesque advantages? these are the kinds of people who think social security shouldn't exist and people should have just saved money if they didn't want to die in a ditch at age 67.

There's just no reasoning with that within or without an MMO forum.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Most of my posts on there are deleted now, and I still haven't received a warning.

I can't with the calm and measured anymore, my limit has been reached.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah well, I'm sure I've been reported by Burrito because I called him out for trying to throw Feldon under the bus.

Adverse actions against the Fulinator likely incoming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Oh, I'm pretty sure almost all my posts from today are being reported by him and as many friends/family as he can convince to hit the button.

Given their de facto empowerment of his antics, could care less what they do at this point. When even Sigrdrifa is talking about trying other MMOs for the first time in years, the ship is likely sinking. And with Kander at the helm I don't give them much chance of recovering.

It's a shame, really. Current events gave them the perfect situation to try and win back loyalty and customers. Like too many other organizations though, they just pissed it away.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

He works in the legal field y'all! He's probably the janitor at a call centre.

• Funny x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I feel bad for the guy tbh. Its obvious to me there is some mental stuff going on with him and he has a pretty shitty life. Just look at how paranoid and scared he is of being hacked and people knowing what city he resides in by looking up his IP. He is most likely a loner that only have EQ1 and EQ2 left in his life, so he spends 10% of his waking hours playing his 20 year old games and the remaining 90% browsing forums trying to socialize and make up random stuff to sound smart and interresting.

Its honestly sad and its surprising to me dreamweaver continues to let him derail all threads on the forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ironically, he DOESN'T play EQ2 at all... unless you consider trolling the forums for the game playing it...

Also, current events mean I have very, very little sympathy for people going out of their way to be ignorant, inconsiderate, rude, stupid, etc...
    Nobody who isn't a jerk on at least some level thinks 'my life sucks, let me go make OTHER people's life suck too'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

You are far, far kinder than me. I just think he's a hoofw*&*ing bunglewonk.

(Got to love the creativity of the British when it comes to swear words)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I assume he's afraid of being doxed in any way because on some level he knows he's completely full of crap and doesn't want people to find him out. Also, he might have a past he doesn't want people to know about. If his whole online persona is based around strutting on some game forums then how devastating would it be to have it completely undermined? This act of his is obviously very important to him, so I wouldn't blame him for defending it.

That's all speculation on my part, but if it is at all true I do feel some sympathy and a touch of pity for him. Not enough to tolerate his antics, but still.

EDIT: I should point out that I am currently replaying a game from 1988. It's not inherently pathetic... right?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Ummm - considering I have a tattoo of an elven physical adept from the ShadowRun tabletop on my shouldblade/back, not pathetic in the least.

And I still remember playing Pool of Radiance off floppy disk in the 80's, so yeah, you're good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Yo, I just started playing Pool of Radiance again. As the kids say, "It slaps."

• Funny Funny x 1