1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

First mention will be the census shut down. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Nah.. I doubt they'll mention it if they shut it down.. nor will the acknowledge questions if it's 'down' or 'removed' for at least a week..
    Or, maybe, 'it was never intended to be player accessible, we just 'fixed' it'.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think Kander and company have lost their collective marbles lol :p.....its the only thing that makes sense at this point :p.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Having never interacted with it and just going by what I've read the Overseer system sounds like a way to gate player progress with as little effort as possible by the devs.

totes funsies

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Except it doesn't actually have the players or toons actually DOING anything. I doubt the bean counters want players to log in for 1-5 minutes 2-3 times a day and then immeditely log off. That is about the MOST you can get out of the EQ2 overseer system.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, it really doesn't sound like it belongs in EverQUEST or any other MMO or RPG. Wonder what Kander thinks it actually is that he's supposed to be working on? Stupid brainless phone app is what comes to mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Stupid brainless phone app is the monetization method they're going with, so maybe it shouldn't be surprising that they think it's the right direction to take the gameplay too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Minimal server usage. Maximum dollars. Sounds exactly like what bean burrito counters want.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

heh.. I always thought they wanted bodies in the server

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's just a way to keep subs active that would normally stop paying. I mean, I'm doing exactly what you're describing. I'm sure Allistra is getting tired of seeing, "Niayl has logged on, Niayl has logged out, Omalley has logged on, Omalley has logged out," 2-4 times a day. I'll run the weekly on my swashy because it takes like 11 minutes. That's it. I suppose if I weren't back playing EQ1 again it wouldn't matter as much and I'd just unsub but there are plenty of others who will keep subbing for the missions and the DBC for singing steel crates every month until the next expac or GU.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

They're idiots. All of them.
    And btw, just looking at Kander makes me sick, what an arrogant pig.
    Allistra is not happy with you. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Bot Population makes the game look a LOT healthier than it actually is.

Number of individual players is severely down on the past. You can tell that alone by the number of raid guilds that have disappeared.

1 person with 1 bot group gives a 500% boost on population numbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Surely it's fairly simple for them to figure out which accounts are boxxed or botted with even rudmentary usage tools....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Of course it is, but why would they mention it?

"We have more characters in zones than ever!" sounds better than "We have a few remaining players paying for multiple accounts making up numbers"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't expect them to tell their customers; it's clear we're mushrooms to them.
    But they HAVE to know that having a bunch of box/bot accounts versus unique players is NOT good for the health of the game, near or long term. And 'health of the game' also means 'length of time they can extract cash from it'.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

There was one sentence in the last Podcast that to me explains a lot. EQ is the "Crown jewel" for DPG and Kander.
    It sounded to me that they would rather have EQ survived even if it means EQ2 being gone.

My main concerns from listening to the pocasts is that they plan a lot for Luclin Part II but nothing really for this expansion.
    A GU so late in the Game ? It seems they wrote off this expansion but expecting people to run subs the next 6+ months.

According to the Podacst announcements Luclin II will feature :

AA Revamp
    Update /Revamp for Crafting
    Longer Questlines / 1 -2 HQs

I mean after this expansion disaster how can they expect player to believe they can deliver with that small team ?

When the Council Resource Team starts summerish there better be postive news /vibes.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

How are they suddenly going to care about crafting?

Them: "We're gonna make tacos!"
    Me: "Do you have shells, meat, cheese, salsa, lettuce, rice, and beans?"
    Them: "Nah we cut all that out, but it's still gonna be delicious just trust us."
    Me: "Um..."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Whenever they hype anything up I'm reminded of the Sonic cycle:

upload_2020-5-4_9-1-21.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Arazons

Arazons Member

Sadly its pretty much all I've done since January. Login, check broker, check overseer, log out. Occasionally I'll run a solo instance with my wife but thats about it.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I saw that and also noted that Kander used that "crown jewel" comment within the context if "protecting" EQ.

The Fuli has been speculating this is the case for quite awhile: they've been harvesting eq2 to protect eq and hit revenue goals [slipping this in before Tekka slithers into the conversation and shamelessly takes credit for for the take].

On a related note, these podcasts strike me as DPG's version of a corona virus briefing.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5