1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting is well and truely ****** in BoL

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Something tells me a 10 minute phone call with Domino from the EQ2 team could have avoided this mess.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

And why are we not surprised?
    Basically they broke it with Withered Lands by issuing different harvests for less than 10 level tiers. Previously they either kept the same items and added them to the new zones (EOF, Kunark/Moors) or they left the main set in the old zones and used special harvest items in the new (Paineel/Velious). But then Domino knew what she was doing and probably anticipated the cluster**** that would ensue doing it any other way. Then once she went to Next ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Of course they did.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I see that the test notes have the new feature of having harvesting levels listed as part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I just logged in to check and they seem to have restored the text that was deleted. Maybe they've adjusted something - that original weird half tier is now labelled as 96-105 where I seem to remember 96-100. But then I could be remembering wrong as I normally only use those mats while doing the quest set that requires them. And I don't play over level 100 so no idea how whacked those items might hae been.

6. Feldon

I believe the game has been displaying "This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting level 96 - 105 mastercrafted items." EQ2U made a point of shortening it to 96-100. Just looked up some of these on EQ2 Wikia and they have the 96-105 range.

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This is good news. Appears Jen Chan may be having a positive impact after all.

8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Sooo... they put the levels back on harvesting mats.. and they did it WRONG.
    PoP, CD and BoL mats are all listed as 110-119.
    PoP and CD should be 100 to 109

I just can't even....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  9. Feldon

I figured something like that might happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

With each day that passes I get more and more grateful that I don't play past 100. It's sad really.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Glad to know the fix schedule changes needed to allow for testing on the test server is working like a dream.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They have had more down time since going to the less down time schedule.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

From the most recent podcast
    Kander "we're trying to avoid is, I remember talking to players in expansions' past where they would log in and they would have money, so they would go to the broker, and they would be like, "Oh look, there's a whole set of mastercrafted that's the current level." So they would buy that and then they would start playing in the overland zone, and doing all the quests, and nothing would ever be an upgrade and then they wouldn't see an upgrade in the heroic content, you know, barely"

So.. because some random player(s) he talked to with tons of plat would log in buy, MC gear and not see an upgrade until heroic content, they 'had' to nerf MC.. because... reasons?

Just... wow... It also totally ignores the time and effort to get the recipes and rares and experiement on the gear (because MC has never been better than heroic unless it was 5x experimented on). And anybody buying that kind of gear has plat coming out their ears.

MC gear SHOULD be better than solo/sig line gear. And players buying it a month or two into the expac to go faster is no different than getting twinked gear for alts that late into the expac.

Nobody with any say in itemization over at Darkpaw has the LEAST clue about tradeskilling.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I think I might have missed your point, this was what I got out of that. Hope it was close.

Seriously, Verrant/989, SOE, DBG, DPG, whomever have spent a couple of decades trying to dig themselves out of holes they have dug. Holes often dug in the sand at the beach when the tide is approaching. Their favorite methodology seems to be to move on to another hole and pretend the previous one doesn't exist until the water and loose sand hopefully fill it in.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So logging in, finding the crate/vendor/whatever that's handing out the freebie starter gear for the expansion is better than that how? Isn't that the crap they've been doing the last few expacs?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope, this is the first time the handcrafted hasn't been at least marginally better than the free stuff.
    And it's better because it's quite clear that neither Kander nor Caith think crafting or crafters are actually worthwhile and valid, and not just more work.

The 'we didn't have time' excuse is PURE BS when it comes to crafted gear itemization too. The problems with it were pointed out waaaaaay back in beta. And some of the tradeskilled gear DID get adjusted between beta and live... they made it WORSE. 'No time' yet another lie, like the 'reason' for the removal of the levels no harvests and removal of the shrink from the Spotted Baby Boovich.

Either 'they' think players are stupid or they don't care that it's clear that they're lying. There is no other possibility I can think of that makes ANY sense.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

They know many of their remaining players are addicted so it doesn't care what they do, they will still keep throwing money at them to get their highs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Those faithful, diminishing few will keep throwing money at their love interest right up to the point where they are personally burned one too many times. Then they become some of the most bitter detractors the company can have (see some of the refugees here). I'm not sure if it's worse that maybe the company still doesn't realize this, or if they simply don't care as their titles slowly bleed to death. I would like to know if there's another option at play.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Feldon

This is really how this company works. They get feedback from a few players and design an entire expansion around what they heard.

Why this company does not use polling, surveys, customer exit feedback, and have advanced behavior tracking and statistics is beyond me. They are operating completely in the blind and leadership thinks they are experts at what players want despite no evidence to back them up.

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Nolo contendre...

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1