1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

What the hell is this

"The population is so healthy" "The game is healthy" "People want server merges but some server are actually overpopulated"

Do they actually believe in what they say? What world are they living in? I cant believe what I just witnessed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols.

Pretty much every single thing Kander said was 100% pure bullshit and lies.

That was ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

So glad I decided to quit years ago... so sad to see them absolutely destroy the game I used to love.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Ogodno.

I don't want to see any of them naked.

You look first.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

The only people who could possibly believe that are people who haven't touched a different MMORPG in ten years.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

When watching the Everquest you can see that Kander is not a "salesman" or leader and you can see that the way he talks, there is no passion no nothing.
    Caith says he likes the old dungeon crawls when mobs could kill you. Than why on earth did you invented bloated stats ?

On the contrast you see the passion the artists guys show and especially Kaitheel.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

EQ2 team: "Our expansions keep getting better and better"
    Also the EQ2 team re: Blood of Luclin: "Yeah this last expansion came in on fire, sorry about that"

Not only was a lot of what they said laughable, some of it is also downright insulting to previous team members (like saying only the best of the best are left).

Also I'm guessing they're saying some servers are overpopulated because the game can't handle too many in one zone and it would lag even worse than it already does. :p

• Agree Agree x 10
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

....and immediately after said insult, he seamlessly transitioned straight into a glorious and unabashed acknowledgement and appreciation of his own personal awesomeness.

I mean, we all know he sees himself that way, but to witness it on display like that provided me with a legit wtf moment.

I suspect the reason Dreamweaver chose not to post that bit of PR in the OF is because he wisely didn't want to be associated with it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The constant browbeating e-mails I got every time I posted legitimate criticism on EQ2Wire and that they held me personally responsible for "harming customer numbers". The genuine belief that Daybreak Games could control what the general public knows about it. The "everything's fine" and "players love our content" stuff. It all sounds like a Trump twitter feed or (lately) rallypresser. The lessons of demagoguery were learned well by those Smokejumper left behind.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Don't worry Friendymion, the true eq2 players remember you and Xelgad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  12. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Sounds like nothing have changed... they continue to blame someone else for the own short comings.

No one needed to read EQ2Wire to see all the issues, logging in was sufficient enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I don't even mean me because lord knows I broke some **** while I was there lol. But people like Rothgar, Jeff Bard, Dave Kish, Akil, Scott Hartsman, Domino, etc.

PS ❤️

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  14. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Episode 5

Kander : " We had a Plan for Crafting in Luclin, till the Plan became secondary"

This sentence sumps it up what's wrong with this expansion.

Apparently they are looking now into updating /revamp crafting in the next expansion.....

He admitted, what we all expected to be the case, that the Luclin expansion was nowhere ready to launch /release.

Mastercrafted Gear should now longer be the advisary of Heroic Gear, but function in a more "niche" way. Kander called it "Survivability" gear. You would want MC gear for resolve and therelike rather than the stats.

When talking about how crafting got shafted Kander said " We (probably) put even to much time into Raiding"

When asked about engaging content like HQs, he gave the same old story not enough staff. Kander gave as an example of the HQs he designed the "Dark Gauntlet" (TSO?). Which was his last HQ. It took him 6 weeks to design, for 2 -3 days playtime.
    They planned a HQ for the Cowboy zone but opted with some quests for the zone instead.
    He also mentioned that today's player don't like long questlines, involving gating, grinding, mobs camping and so on.

But he said next expansion Luclin Part II will have 1 - 2 HQs instead of the 30 something quests released lately with every expansion.

After listening to the Podcast this came to mind. A casual /Crafter should ask him /herself why should i sub and play a game that doesn't cater to my playstyle for the next 6 months.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Clearly not enough considering what a mess it was/is :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

IF Mastercrafted gear is "survivability gear" then why does it take a thousand rares to make each one? Did EQ2 become Aion and I missed it?

17. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

And what the frick does that make regular crafted gear, toilet paper?

At this point I wouldn't even shred crafted gear to put in the bottom of birdcage.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Saints preserve us. Last time they tried this trick Beghn made a real mess of it and it took Domino years to sort it all out. At this point if they try to do anything other than restore the working consistency that Domino left them with, they might as well continue the current plan to kill crafting altogether. And given previous experience I don't really rate their chances of successfully restoring anything even if they bothered to try. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I cant even begin to understand why they after 15 years have not made a tool to make quest creation easier. 6 months to create a single HQ that lasts the average player 2-3 days?

Just after that I would immediately sign off a company wide alert and have some one, or a team, make a tool to shorten that considerably. That should have happen over a decade ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

While the process can be simplified, the overall problem will remain. Players chew through content way too fast unless there are roadblocks of some kind, and they don't have enough developers to offset it at all. This isn't even an EQ2 specific problem.

• Agree Agree x 3