1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Bovoch 90% Shrink "Unintended" After 3 Years

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

What do you call a game company with no new games in development?

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Dying?

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Tegdaian

Tegdaian New Member

Daybreak Game Company??? :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 6
  4. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Considering what has and hasn't been done with the game with her at the helm, I get the feeling she was already working for them.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Pure Fiction: Maybe she was really working for blizzard when they released the classic servers. The expac we got this time was due to Jenny.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, in my experience those on their way to getting sacked for performance usually see it coming and find another job before it happens.

She's also one of the few folks who was in a position to know what lay ahead for the franchise, so there's that.

Lastly, maybe Blizzard simply made a run at her because of her experience with old school games and tlp servers and made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

Probably, all three scenarios were at play.

Longdale's been in the industry for a long time and likely has an extensive network of relationships built up over the years. Once she decided to bail, it probably didn't take her long to get some leads going, and I'm sure she's had some other irons in the fire for awhile.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I've finally done it - I've bitten the bullet and cancelled my sub. The final straw was the terrible way the players have been treated over this silly shrink item. I don't have one myself, but this mean spirited stripping away of a small thing that was so much fun for people was just the final thing. Add to that the ruining of crafting, the replacement of quests for stupid overseer missions and a completely broken expansion....the game is now too narrow for a player who doesn't raid or do heroics. No point in playing any more - there's nothing there for me now.

Having lots of actual fun in FFIX and SWTOR, and popping into GW2 on the odd occasion.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

"For Sale, no reasonable offer refused."

Heck, we might take a used oil pan at this point.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Elon Musk investment target. He may sends the whole franchise into space.......

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It's possible that DBG is allocating $3.52 of each sub for the the development of a new game engine for eq2 and eq3 that will completely eliminate raid lag and become the industry standard by the end of the year.

You're just posting this because you're part of that small, bitter group that wants the game shut down. Please keep your negative comments to yourself.

/opens new thread: "Support EQ2/EQ3's New Game Engine!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

o.m.g.

The rise of Fulito has begun...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

And what do you think such a system would entail?
    I would be guessing it would need some ASIC chips or FPGA chips on the server to funnel all the calculations. (when ever someone says the word funnel, I always get an image of money swirling and making a gurgling sound)
    • DX12 client support(not just wrappers for dx9 calls)
    • Optimized data processing functions
    • Native 64 bit memory addressing
    • Proper client multi-core support
    • Database index optimizations
    • and other stuff I couldn't think off the top of my head in 5 minutes.
    I guess they could just slap together a unity based client, but then they would have to pay an engine fee.

13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It sounds like you left ages ago Rhodris, whenever I hear a woman leaves someone, you know she has decided it over a year ago and was just looking for the last push.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I literally thought he had actually said that. Smh. Don't do that again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I mean, I wish, but I kind of dont, that EQ3 will happen, ya know?

16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Obviously the company needs to make an EQ3. But the problem is who would be making it -- this company.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They need to just keep milking the cow that is EQ1. Everybody wants to say they are harvesting 2 for 1 but that's just not what I am seeing. I go to zone to run my daily lesson (100% exp for 30 minutes) and there is never less than 35 people in that zone, at literally anytime of the day/night, and it's 2 expansions old. There's rarely less than 3 general chats with a limit of 400 people in each and I promise not everyone on the server is in gen chat. There are dead servers, completely dead, and there are more server merges in the works but there are also 2 new TLP servers coming out this month I believe and they will be packed full. EQ1 and EQ2 both fit a certain type of playstyle and while 1 has maintained that playstyle of grin, grind, grind but with obvious goals - 2 has gone away from their audience more and more as the expacs come out.

I have enough goal orientated things to do in 1 to keep me busy for years and I rarely go more than a year w/o at least doing some of them so it's not that I'm that far behind, there's just that much to do. I have nothing left to do in 2. Zero. And I haven't since about 6 weeks after BoL dropped. I login, send off overseers, maybe run the weekly on one character, and on weekends I sell red rune charges.

I happened to pop in just as a raid was forming up to do the achievement from CD for the 70 fervor run a few nights ago. Charlice sent me a /tell and I joined up. That was the longest I have continuously played in well over a month. And, honestly, I only finished it because she took the time to give me a heads up. EQ2 is garbage, hot garbage, at this point. It's not that there's nothing to do outside of raiding like the post in the OF states, there's just nothing to do at all. There's no long term goal to work towards. There's no wide ranging, multiple zone, this will keep me busy for weeks and weeks, content.

EQ3, if it ever happens, will be hot garbage as well. They left their niche and put way too much effort in trying to make a cash cow out of 2, which I'm sure it is to a degree, but it's not sustainable nor is it healthy.

• Agree Agree x 5