1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, so much gratitude and he doesn't even know what he's getting yet.:rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for the answer to the question, per account or per toon?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It won't be.

They haven't been able to get a reasonable expansion out reliably IN A YEAR for the last handful of years. There's no way they got class balance done in a couple of months, especially when the excuse for scrapping it last time was time constraints.

Also, surprised Benito can type that much with DBG's <edited for content> down <edited for content> throat.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The free mount/familiar is a clever plan, as it means all the casuals probably have to pay to level it again...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

But...but...they increased the time between patches so they could send stuff to test first...

Again, another example that nothing has changed. They couldn't care less a about feedback relating to design decisions. Just file your inevitable bug reports when stuff doesn't work.

Edit:
    Not going to be terribly surprised if this round of class balancing is little more than bumping mage dps to account for the loss of double cast.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

What, incomplete and/or vague information? Impossible promises not being kept or poorly implemented? Insufficient testing with no clear plans to correct any problems that might arise later on? I'd ask if it were just another Tuesday at DBG, but it's Saturday. At least they're consistent at something.

I'm a bit salty today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Actually they probably won't. I'm fully expecting this to be aimed at the max level audience as usual in which case many of us casuals won't even be able to use it, so no need to fork out to level it. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, it's not BiS so the max level folks won't use it either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

So much gratitude for a something in a game he doesn't play. He's admitted, repeatedly, that he only plays EQ1, not EQ2 :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

It's hilarious that casuals fighting each other over the point of having a "Western" themed zone lorewise.
    A couple of points from Episode 4 not mentioned so far.
    Kander said that DPG has new coders. He also hinted/pointed out at PVP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

He does this all the time because he and Caith like pvp.The problem is, eq2 has never staffed for pvp correctly, and they're not going to fix that now.

In fact, given the state of the game these days, even the idea of it is freakin' stupid.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Can you imagine adding pvp to a game that have had no serious class balance for years? The last class balance was in 2017 with a hidden fervor tweak that you couldnt see unless you had ACT running. What a nightmare trying to balance 24 classes for PvP with 6 people working on the game and they can barely keep up as it stands.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

DAoC was designed around RvR and for several years had staff dedicated to making the game run based around classes killing each other, and they still had a hard time ever reaching something close to balance. SOE/DBG has never had a hope in hell of pulling it off as half-assed as they tend to do things.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

My first experience with mmo's was the Vox server. I played on that server for years and bailed on it when the population reached critical and the Nagafen merge was incoming.

I liked open world pvp because of the added danger, and group pvp fights erupting within contested dungeons or for contested mobs was a ton of fun.

However, there were big, fundamental flaws with simply slapping a pvp rule set on the pve design.

For example, once raid content opened up, itemization greatly dominated over skill. Raid geared toons simply walked all over everyone else.

Then there was the 8-level pvp range. That's just stupid.

And lastly, some classes had no chance purely because of design (templar, Illy, etc) while others were absolutely op (shadow knight, coercer, preds, wizzies and warlocks).

When this pvp stuff started up again last year, a lot of really good suggestions were made in the pvp thread. Kander ignored every bit of it and rolled out that seaonal garbage.

So what happended? Same things that happened before. People rushing to end game to harvest raid gear and face-rolling lower level toons for titles.

Wtf is fun about that?

Edit:
    I'm pretty excited for AoC, BUT, I'm also curious to see how itemization and other character power imbalance issues are dealt with so that player skill is what matters most.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I'm still of the opinion that doing anything PvP related is just a waste of resources. It won't be good, they're just wasting their time and money on yet another PvP feature that will be abandoned in a few months.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

The lengthy list of probably meaningless DPS changes as “class balance” are up. Meh.

16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I guess the purpose of leveling agents is to gain access to a new season of agents.

Neat.

17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Except you DON'T level up agents... 'you' level up as an overseer. It's a new 'class', but for the account, not each character

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

But wait, there's MORE!!! You can trade in all those worthless extra season 1 agents for a special currency to buy.... those season 1 rewards you really wanted, like more infusers!** And by using "seasons," it makes it seem that much more special for all those that got in on the overseer ground floor, amIright!?!

**(please note, not all rewards will be made available for purchase - like anything remotely useful.)

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I'm guessing that as an Overseer, you are selling the doppleganger agents to the slavers for coin?
    Don't know how the goodies will feel about it.

20. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Pardon my interruption here, but as I'm not playing anything by DBG/DPG/Whatever the name of the month is, I really don't quite understand this whole "Overseer" system.
    As I read about it, is it sort of like the crafting apprentices or research assistants, where you give them a task, then just wait for them to finish? With no interaction?

• Like Like x 2