1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yep, I noticed the same thing. And I also noticed the bubble gnome crowd has become mostly quiet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think we all know that for all intents and purposes....its over. There will be some painful lingering for a while...but there is no way this game ever recovers in any form. Especially not while the same crew is at the helm.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

If Caith is really going to be the one responsible for the AA rework then my already low expectations of it just nose-dived ... :oops:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

But hey, at least we'll get fifty-eleven posts of microscopic changes dumped into the patch notes forum.

In a pinch, you can print them out and use them for toilet paper.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

But they won't be about AA changes, they'll be about TLE gear changes :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Intents and purposes dammit!

:p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I'm gonna wait until the GU is out and had its 2 week live beta test before passing judgement.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

ToT: " We want damage coming from people actively pressing buttons. Passive dps like auto attack is not good for the game."

BoL: "We are re-working aa's to make auto attack more meaningful and achieve better class balancing. Flurry will be important."

Edit:
    Paraphrasing, summarizing " the gist of it".

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Podcast: We change stuff and have absolutely no idea how it's actually go to affect anything in game.
    History: We'll refuse to adjust those changes in any meaningful way, even if it makes a class/archtype godly/worthless.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, Mermut. You'll be able to start raiding with your warden again. Hell, it'll probably be t1 dps :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I corrected it and that is what I meant to type. I must have had intensive care on my mind for some reason! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Alas, no. It's pretty clear that when the devs talk about 'balance', they mean dps balance and maaaaaaaybe a look at utility.
    Besides, I do still raid on my warden and she is still viable. Wardens still bring good offensive and defensive buffs to the group. In the raid with my mystic, the difference between, a good warden a bad warden (or no second healer) in my group is MASSIVE.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Just read the pod4 transcript.

The message of the day is: We do listen to feedback. We listen to a lot of feedback. We are always listening to feedback. We appreciate the feedback. We have lots of ways to collect feedback, so we have a lot feedback that we listen to.

(It's not that we don't listen, it's just that we don't really care about it.)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I think that's why a lot of people remain negative, even when Daybreak does something that some may perceive as "positive." Even if they fired the majority of DBG's worst offenders and threw Kander in a stockade out in front of the studio, they'd have to pull off a miracle to build up the playerbase again.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

An ex-fan is the worst kind of former player (for the company), and the least likely to return to the game under any circumstances. Also the most likely to discourage other people from trying or playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I thought "intensive purposes" was kind of appropriate!! :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Hehe...actually, although "intents and purposes" is the more correct way of saying it...many people also say "intensive purposes".

• Like Like x 1
  18. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Just throw both parties off and go with "in tents and porpoises."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So apparently the GU comes next Tuesday.

Actual Content : One Zone in different versions.
    DPG doesn't seem to understand that player sitting home want to do casual Content and quest like HQs, L&Ls and Signature and there likes.

Class Balance: Not a single note or some information what to expect. Despite player asked for it to be tested..straight to the server. Dreamweaver said on Discord that the patch notes will be the source of information.

But hey DPG is giving away a special crate with new Mount and Familiar as a gift. Dreameaver said both are not BIS but for casuals.
    Bubble Gnome Benito praised DPG's "Generosity" on the forum. He liked it so much that he felt he had to response in the main thread but also started a couple of new Threads.

The new Overseer Mission system will put off a lot of people. A player needs the Agent from the season/expansion to do the Missions from the season /expansion if i understand Caith correctly on Discord. This means a player will need new agents for every new season, this is P2W in its purest form.

I really hope that the Class Balance is that good and worthwhile ...........

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Don't forget Kander's comments in one of the podcasts that he sees Overseer Missions as 'kind of taking the place' of actual quests... o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1