1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New World?

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Castegyre, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Saw they postponed the release to August. They are blaming it on Covid-19. I'm sure that's a factor, but I work in software development and we're working fine from home and not slipping our dates. I have a feeling they were already having other issues.

Release Date Update - News | New World

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Blargh.

Ah well, we'll see how it shakes out. In the meantime, I'll continue to futz around in GW2, and a new-old game I found on GoG, Stardew Valley.

Also, day 84 of my chibi challenge. Since I quit EQ2 a few years ago, it seems to have broken that 'MMO-thing'. I've gradually drifted to doing non-game stuff. Drawing more, started reading a LOT more (currently mostly manga and obsessed with Jojo), text based RP with friends.

Huh. Maybe it's a happy(ish) ending after all.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I had kinda gotten there (the non-gaming thing) before this "stay at home". Now I was itching for a new game. I've been playing a lot of LOTRO but in a game that old I feel like I'm wasting time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I've pretty much escaped the MMO Skinner Box myself now. Still logging in to ESO semi-regularly, but I've spent more time bothering virtual dinosaurs on a private ARK server with friends. The traditional MMO just doesn't hold much charm when you don't know anyone there, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I've gotten to be the same way in the past few years. It used to be that if there wasn't an MMORPG I was focused on, I was buying a new game every month or so. Now, I buy a few games a year and play FFXIV very casually -- mostly when a new patch has been released. With how games and their communities are these days, I just don't feel a whole lot of attachment. They're nice for when I want to sit on my ass and melt away for a bit, but the honeymoon phase and good ol' days are definitely gone.

I got sick of leveling of blacksmithing in video games, so I've been leveling it up in real life, instead. Totally revamped my workshop and have been working on shaping/beveling/sharpening metals. I'd already have my forge for the more traditional style of smithing, but my wife insists on getting it for me for our anniversary. What's funny about that is that she always leveled up her culinarian stuff in MMOs, and now she got a job (which she loves) as a baker, and I plan to get her a new stove/oven for our anniversary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2