1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Like one of the early posts in my thread about BoL in these forums... they had the time to make MC fabled gear WORSE in live than it was in beta....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

What is the source of that and what exactly did they say? I didnt notice.

3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Kander was talking how Auto attack changed overtime.He also said Auto attack needs to be adjusted by classes and not generally as this would create OP Classes. He mentioned Inquis could/would be OP with their current plans for AA. Beastlord Pet in this expansion is another good example.
    Flurry will make a comeback as a needed stat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I don't only want what he smokes.. I also want to know what universe he lives in? EQ2 polished... hahahaha, maybe it was a joke?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ok, so as of day three, I am still markedly disturbed by the inappropriate amount of detail you supplied with respect to turd polishing, Nawtey.

/squints

(Needed to get that out of my system so to start the healing process)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 6
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really. Press X to doubt.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

facepalm-head.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They have no idea how to build the game without these stupid, bloating junk stats.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Flurry to become the new crit mit/crit chance/resolve!

[​IMG]

The whole "tune auto attack by class" was in Xelgad's plans at one point (along with spells, basically have knobs that can be tuned per class to help dampen the effect of everyone benefiting equally from every stat), but I can't remember if it was something that was actually implemented or if it was something he wanted to do for ToT before we all got laid off.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

And having stats do different things for different classes with zero documentation would be suuuuuch a GREAT idea... *shudder*

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Let's see how much lag it introduces when the server has not only calculate damage for flurry with all these exponential operations, but now also has to do more calculations to adjust them per class/AA options. Why don't they give swarm pets flurry too, while we're at it, really seize things up!

Bonus points if you flood the combat info to the client because it's somehow "exempt" from the existing filtering rules!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Ah, Resolve; the stat that signified that it was time for me to leave EQ2.

Whenever I think of the EQ2 developers, I picture renovators arguing over whether the nursing home they're working on should have a brand new, fully-equipped powerlifting room, or a built in pole-dancing studio. Either way, it's a bunch of crap that no one's excited for, but they know that the customers will pay for it, anyways.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

So what I'm getting from this is that the serious stat+number crunch I was hoping for is definitely not happening. I don't understand why they aren't fixing the stat inflation issue, it's ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver has decided to insta-lock Mercy's transcript threads.

He was fine with leaving them open until people started calling bullshit on Kander.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

One of the truest signs of ineptitude is the inability to take criticism. Deserved or not. It runs rampant across so many areas of America.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Feldon

Trickle down baby.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That's the first trickle down anything that's actually worked around this joint. From jellybeans to Big Macs. Smh. But, yeah, you're absolutely correct - trickle down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Plan for next 5 expacs - Add all stats to a hat, randomly pick 3, increase mob avoidance for that stat. Repeat.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Feldon

I was starting from the White House.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I know, lol. That's why I went from Jelly beans (Reagan, trickle down economics) to Big Macs.

• Funny Funny x 1