1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you miss most about EQ2?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Vicious0093, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Heh. Could have sworn I remembered him stalking the forums during RoK.

Who was managing the design team at that time?

2. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Only the king Hartsman.

3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thanks. Took a break during TSO (I hated that expansion) and came back for SF. I'm muddling up that whole time period.

Edit:
    Actually, I skipped DoV and TSO. Loathed both of em.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  4. Vicious0093

Vicious0093 New Member

Excellent replies.

SWG was the first mmo I was able to pay for with my lawn mowing money, I unlocked a Jedi pretty early on and loved the organic cities that would pop up around the planets. I thought EQ2s housing system was better in a lot of ways, as a new player it was exciting to walk around the cities and see that you could actually buy properties there.

Edit: Thought I put this in my OP but I guess I was trying to be concise. I think EQ would be my favorite game of all time if I could have played it at the time. I was 10 or 11 when it came out and I remember seeing the boxes in CompUSA. For years I would watch the expansions come out with a shiny new box and think "These people must be having so much fun".

I've tried P99 and a couple TLEs but the community is honestly not that welcoming. In the TLEs everyone is 6 boxing parties with specific krono-minded goals and the P99 community seems to have it's own set of problems.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

EQ1 is very hard to get into if you didn't get into way way back when. It's probably the least friendly new player game still around.

• Agree Agree x 2