1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

More Of The Same...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

We all know crafting is done. And yep, game is pretty much a p2w raiding game.

Planned or not, Longdale and Kander have turned eq2 into a trash pile.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Huh. Decided by whom, I wonder?

Because it sure wasn't the customers, they've been requesting ALL THE THINGS.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I purchased one of the new loot crates from my monthly DBG cash to understand the new system ans the "outcry" better.

The new loot crates are called "Singing Steel Heritage Crates" and have a "green" theme instead of the "Blue" cobalt crates.

Again one crate has up to 3 or 4 smaller crates just like the cobalt ones. First has cloth gear, second has the Status items, the third has the "cool" stuff and the fourth, and that' s new, a new currency. This would make it the eight currency in this expansion.
    Out of the "rare" stuff there are mercs( lvl20 unlocked) as the main prize.

The new currency is celestial and called "Jaidet Medallions", the amount is based on your (gambling) luck. I got 5 and additional 5 for being a member. To put this into perspective , the new mount needs 7000 Coins (in words seven thousand) and it would cost atleast 1400 $.
    I have not been at the new merchant to see what else she got.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

How much do the crates cost?

Edit: Silly me. Never knew that you can look up market place items on eq2u. New ones aren't showing up yet, so I'll use the cobalt price of $1.59.

Assuming an average of 10 coins a spin, that's only 700 spins and $1,113 for the p2w mount.

Neat.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tegdaian

Tegdaian New Member

the new crates are the same price as the cobalt ones, but the kicker is that there isnt a set amount of coins you get per crate.
    it is anywhere from 1 to 4 coins per crate, doubled for being a member. so, if you figure an average of 4 total coins per crate, thats 1,750 crates to get enough coins for the mount. you all can do the math on how much it would cost, because its just unsettling to consider.
    and this doesnt even begin to touch on the merc, its stats are just...

*sigh*

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Wow is all I can say at this point...smh....no words really.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Good time for this one.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Note a January 2020 Glassdoor review from a current employee (San Diego, Engineer):

Hard for me to believe a current employee would write this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 4
  9. Tegdaian

Tegdaian New Member

well, that explains why the Dev's are so silent all the time. its just sad.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Out of curiosity, is there any sort of vetting of posts? I know they're kept anonymous on purpose, but does Glassdoor verify if the review comes from a current or former employee, or can anyone with a grudge post one?

Not that it's difficult to believe the review could be true (if one sided, as they always are). I mean, look at how they treat the people that are paying their salary, after all...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

At Glassdoor, we aim to verify as much of our data as possible. Considering the reality of our digital age, however, we're unable to fully confirm our users' identities, the truthfulness of their contributions, or their employment status.

Through our Terms of Use, we do require users to certify their employee relationships to companies when posting any content. We also require email verification from a permanent, active email address, or a valid social networking account.

Along with our active community moderation and our commitment to review every contribution, this verification process helps us identify suspicious users or posts and ensures our confidence in the information we provide to job seekers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Two possibilities came to mind when I read that. The first was that it's actually a former employee, and maybe they just hadn't updated their account before posting.

The second was that maybe that person got really pissed off about being pressured into writing a favorable review, so out came the middle finger.

A lot of what he/she said was consistent with all the other poor reviews.

I definitely empathize with most of the employees. However, I still don't give Longdale, Kander, or Caith a pass.

There has been a lot of flat out lying, a lot of exploiting and misleading customers, and a lot of shady **** in general.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I really should set the update script to run once per day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

A bit of contrast and comparison.

EQ2 Producer's Letter about upcoming Stuff and Things (re-link so you don't have to click back):

Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan | EverQuest 2 Forums

The equivalent type of announcement from GW2:

Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future – GuildWars2.com

This is the kind of thing that prompted my initial question for this thread. It's not unique to GW2, either. Hell, I get 'come back to FFXIV' promotional emails that have more information than the EQ2 letters.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Stuffs! They're doing STUFFS!!!!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Probably not Things, though, unless you pay extra.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The stuff that is written there is what in Japan we call Black Kigyou or Black company.
    It basically becomes a well known company for those practices and there are sites that list companies with this practice and it makes it harder to find new workers for said company once you have a reputation. Especially since the universties generally block black companies from recruiting drives.

• Informative Informative x 9
  18. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I think loot crates are DBG's favorite thing. They are in LOTRO too. I can easily ignore them because I'm not to the end game nor do I ever plan to get there. I like making alts, housing, crafting and overland questing as well as instances. I feel no need to get to the point that would necessitate needing something in a loot crate.

Plus I feel like I'm literally just killing time with LOTRO until another MMO comes out that does not have required PVP, has player housing that can be earned in game, and has keyboard/mouse controls I can use with my not so great hands. I had hoped that was ESO but can't work with the controls. Now I have my eye on New World...but as of yet have no idea what their controls are like.

These days I play Star Realms (deck builder) and Gems of War (gems/deck builder hybrid) more than MMOs just because I'm waiting on something new.

• Like Like x 3
  19. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Anyone hear anything about Shroud of the Avatar? Friend of mine sent me the link to the site, but I'm not sure what it's about. PvP is consensual and in its own space I understand, which appeals to me, but haven't had time to fully look into it yet.

20. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Yes I bought in at the beginning of the kickstarter at $25. I tried it a few times in alpha but lost interest when it became obvious to get a good player house in a good location you'd have to buy it with real money. I also found the fight mechanics (it's been a while so it may have changed) really odd. I can go back and play it at any time with my buy in and I haven't had any interest to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1