1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

If some random player decides to take up the argument and defend the game they like I would be more than happy to hear them out and even discuss our opinions if they were open to it. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something or having an opinion.

Some of the people on the forums have been openly dishonest, manipulative, and/or hostile. IMO they are not in the same category as any given player sticking up for the game they like because the actions of those specific people make it about more than the game or their love for it. I have absolutely no problems with people who act like that getting a foot up their butt. I'm certainly not above doing it myself.

If I were the one being an ******* like that I would hope and expect that some **** would come along and **** my **** up until I pulled my head out of my ***.

That last bit might make more sense to anyone who's seen Team America.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I started getting discontent with working on the game around they wanted to add grandmasters for every spell + ancients because I could see the direction things were starting to go. When I expressed my discontent to Jenn Chan (my manager at the time), she gave me the same perspective your post does, how the game is an escape for some people and is almost literally their world (especially the older or disabled population) and that keeps her going no matter what. Regardless of my issues with the game, I hope it keeps going for a while longer for those people.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That thread is now locked. I'm so tired of these idiots being unable to control themselves and getting open discourse locked down. There's a difference in being frustrated and expressing that and just being stupid.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

You know, I just spent a bunch of time browsing the Official Forums (on the account not banned)....
    I am seeing a LOT of discontent. Fortunately, it isn't vicious, as I remember the OF being, and also fortunately, they aren't locking/deleting threads. It seems many folk there are able to actually express their disappointment, which is a plus, but I doubt DBG (DPG?) cares enough to do anything.

Seriously, I can see it being an almost insurmountable task; as everything from ToT and beyond was broken without measure, and there is no way they can go back and fix the issues from then.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Addressing some of the glaring issues in BoL would be a start. Itemization and crafting stand out as the two most fundamentally broken things this expac.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Funny how itemization is the biggest issue on both TLE and live. It's almost like it's a serious issue that needs addressed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Ever notice that it seems to revolve around the same one or two people

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Almost every damn time. This time it was a brand new account. ****ing cowards.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Is Caith the itemization dev? He/she is a shitheel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, he is the itemization dev.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He must go to Baskin Robbins and get plain vanilla in a bowl every time.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Or he's the guy that goes into Baskin Robbins for a hot pretzel

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

He's the guy that starts the script to generate loot. "No time to check how it turns up.... must make this new code executable so I can push it to live for QA and testing".

Atleast thats how I imagine it is...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yep. No evidence of any brain cells being involved in the process which is how the unique tradeskill items keep getting borked everytime they run updates. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That right there is what pisses me off.

Longdale "It's all about you, the customer, that's what we live for....nebulous assurances....liberal application of exclamation points.

Bubble Gnomes "The population is great, enjoy!"

For f*** sake, whether you're a dev or a player, go ahead and support/promote the game, but do it honestly. They're not helping anyone, including the game by misleading people.

P.S.
    Regarding the Benito class of Bubble Gnome (i.e. the troll version), it is helpful to keep in mind that while they evaluate themselves as super-smart, they are in fact too stupid to understand how dumb they are.

The only time I respond to that idiot is when he misrepresents something I said (a common bubble gnome tactic), after which, he'll try to hook me in with some passive aggressive personal dig. Biting on that inevitably leads to a new strawman, so I just blow it off because as many of us have learned, he'll literally keep recycling that same bullshit of shift, deflect, project until the end of time.

Sadly, that's how he hijacks threads to make them all about him, and why they end up getting locked.

Edit:
    Because I should never make posts with my phone while not wearing my glasses, and then check it later because I am well aware that I should not make posts with my phone while not wearing my glasses.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

There's nothing wrong with playing a game that has a low population, it's like people are scared that if they admit EQ2 has a low population it will suddenly shut down or something. I think unless the devs do something extremely dumb that EQ2 will be around for quite a while to come. They might stop doing expansions and fully shift the game to maintenance mode, but that isn't always the end of a game's lifespan.

Also about the change in patch frequency, I don't really think it's a big deal. Yes it's a step towards maintenance mode but I think most people knew it was coming so it shouldn't be a surprise. Really I think they should've just ripped the bandaid off and went straight to monthly patches except for critical issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

The issue with items being boring and lackluster began when they stopped adding unique stuff to charms. If I am to be cynical, ill say it began once they stopped adding set bonusses to gear after EoF and TSO because it was too much work.

Now its the same 4 clicky buffs on every single charm and I dont think I have seen a single item set since Avatar items when we were all level 80 or 90.

Now with Luclin the biggest issue is that crafted items are too low on resolve, the step into T2 raids is too steep if u didnt complete all 3 ethereal armors and got the expensive pre order mount. I dont know why crafted gear has not been looked into yet. Master crafted gear has always been a way to step into heroic/raid content and now we are more than 2 months into launch. I got all the empyral plans for my armorsmith but I have not crafted a single item on my main like I usually rush to do with a new expansion.

They layed off Fyreflyte who was the item guy, he didnt understand stat weights at all, but at least you could talk to him on discord and he would listen and take feedback into consideration, especially for the Fallen Gate TLE server.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I can't believe they are still letting Benito run rampant on the OF. I guess they really don't care any more. Many of us have given them so much good and constructive feedback over the years and to what end? We may as well have sent it directly into a black hole, because either way, we end up with the same result.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's on ignore too but I always know he's posted or quoted me because it still says, "Ignored poster..." I wish I could ignore "ignored poster."

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

All the signs of a thriving MMO game is visible to all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2