1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I think Pretty in Pink is vying for the BG crown. I stopped reading her posts after about the third one. She might actually join the ONE person on the OF I have on ignore (Breanna, who is annoying and vapid. I've literally never seen her post anything of value).

I don't ignore people, because then I'd miss all the salt and stupid and butthurt that amuse me so much.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Fishy x 1
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

She got ignored before I even had my coffee this morning. The pink one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I put her on ignore, mostly because of the eye-hurting pink text...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ2 seems to have lost the faith of Sigrdrifa, Niami, and a few other diehards. They're worth 100 pink texters and Benitos.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

These are the Comic Sans people.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Drona

Drona New Member

I look at the forums fairly regularly and never seen this "pink" poster till today. So I looked them up and their last post was on 5th Jan and today with 20+ post in one topic so I thought its Kander! But I looked further and they seem to post mostly in "look and feel", "howeshow" and other fluff topics so I think its Kander's grandmother's forums account!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I have just finished perusing that thread.

First, Pinkie......why, just why?

Secondly, do people really not grasp that this game does not have the population to support and effective test server? And furthermore, do they really not grasp that even under the best of circumstances, testing raid content is not feasible?

Thirdly, do people really expect that cutting down the number of scheduled patches from 50ish to 25is is going to produce a greater amount of fixes? Really? I am super confident that all this change is going to achieve is to give the dev's more time to realize the same fixing objectives.

And lastly, regarding sharing resources, I noticed that no such announcement was made for eq1. This really does smell like the beginning of a transition into maintenance mode.

Edit: Benito has pointed out that eq1 is on a monthly patch schedule. Never the less, that fact doesn't change my suspicions.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 11
  8. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I agree with everything already said in this thread.

I am also too lazy to restate my opinion when you have all expressed my thoughts already :D

• Appreciation x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This is my favorite quote :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I'm still trying to work out why they took it offline. People used to copy over the toons they needed to test what the devs needed testing and it seemed to work fine. Need a different test, copy a different toon. Need an updated test re-copy an updated toon. It was never supposed to be a place to level and progress other than to test specific levelling and progression so where was the problem?

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

If granny is usually in those forums you'd think she'd be pretty ****ed off currently at things like the harvesting changes :D

On the plus side, that shocking pink makes her easy to skip over without going to the trouble of setting up an ignore ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I hate to be the one because I call Benny out on it but I do play EQ1 still and I do play on Test and actually test there. There's no reason not to allow /testcopy. Once the character is over there the progression of that character and the Live character is completely separate. Having /testcopy is one of the reasons why EQ1 can be on a once a month patch, unless there's an emergency, basis. Some things are okay to have the same.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The team don't like messing with test as it has it's own Community, and they dont want to risk upsetting them as they test events usually quite well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

testcopy was always a different server from test

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

It was, but it also doubles up as their Beta server, and they've admitted themselves that things happen on their that don't happen the same on Live.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Feldon

Back then, the servers ran on Oracle which cost a fortune per year. Now that they're on EnterpriseDB it shouldn't cost much to run a server. Keep in mind multiple servers are on each piece of hardware.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'd like to punch her in the face. She's far too chipper for my liking.
    didn't think I'd need to write it, but I wouldn't really punch her in the face ... /sigh

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

they should just suck it up and spin up another server vm, with say a copy of majdul with new db links then allow test copies to it.
    Sure it would take them a month or so to do it, but it would be so much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Feldon

Hem Hem.

umbridge.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I think "super strong bubble gnome jum-jum juice" is mine :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1