1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So apparently the current number of patches is just too damned high. Now there will be bi-monthly patches on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.

Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches | EverQuest 2 Forums

How this would look:

eq2patches2020.png

On alternating weeks, patches are now going to go to the Test server. How groups and raids can be tested on a non-copy Test server is unclear to me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Feldon

Is this genuinely so that more testing can happen, a way to share resources with EQ3, or is this the first step towards some kind of maintenance mode?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Turn the hamsters off. Turn the hamsters back on again. Check the water bottle. Fill up the food bowl. Grease the wheel. Not to mention changing the news paper. It's hard enough to find news print these days let alone having to deal with the mess those little rat-kin make of it. Every day the same thing, sometimes more than once a day.

The poor guy who's left to take care of the furballs is probably tired. He needs a 2 hour lunch and to be out of there by 3:30. It's probably an OSHA violation to work him as hard as they have been.

Seriously, though, I'm surprised it took this long for priorities to shift.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I wonder how many paid tester/QA folks are left on the eq2 team...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Looks like maintenance mode to me.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well I guess we should all raid on test to make sure we have the most up to date experience.
    I hear they also have double xp all the time on test.

Did they remove the insta-level baubles?

If they would allow botting on test servers, I might think about it. Take 24 botted f2p characters through a raid zone.
    Mind you I wouldn't want to buy 23 expansions at $920 US !ouch!
    ※ I do not bot in the game. Just saying to test something on a non-populous server.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It doesn't sound like maintenance mode to me.
    It sounds like they have been inundated with bad implementations and want more space to breathe between updates.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Who exactly is going to test on Test? They have like 10 people, none of who can do heroic or raid content. If they want thngs to actually get tested then they need to allow /testcopy.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

I think I saw where Feldon posted there would/might be a testcopy server.

10. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

You could be right, but its so hard to gauge when they have fed us so much **** over the past few years..I don't trust them to get anything right anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Feldon

I said that after 9 years this server needs to come back. Will it?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Imo, this has maintenance mode written all over it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Doubtful. I don't think proper testing is a matter of time, it's a matter of people. The possibility for EQ3 is an ever shriveling hope carrot. Maintenance mode is the most likely, I suppose, but they're already delaying what would have been critical hotfixes a few years ago until the 'weekly server restart'. Will that continue with the bi-weekly cycle?

Ballpark guess would be... 0 - 1.

It looks like the next step in the wind down, but I think we'll have to see how it plays out over the next few weeks/months to know for sure.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I am in two minds about this.
    If this is really there to improve the Quality of fixes and patches and ultimately a better game experience than it is a good introduction.
    However i do believe this will only calm player in conjunction with a schedule/timetable/roadmap (whatever you ant to call it) exactly showing what are the intention of the fixes and more importantly what are the long term visions for crafting, class balance and creative and engaging content.
    As far as Raidtests concern Gninja mentioned in Discord chat that he awaits certain hardware before testing.

Should this be a (Holly) PR "Gag" and the quality remains the same but people have to wait longer for Patches than this might be it. Probably one to often disappointing and players patience might come to an end, making this a lonely game for the few.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

How will it improve quality though? They have no testers on their team. They want to rely on player testing, free testing on a server where you cant even copy your character onto like every other MMO on the market. Even testing content with a bauble character isnt a fix because characters in EQ2 have small things here and there that all adds up making it impossible to test anything properly on a paperpoll.

There is hardly anyone playing on live or TLE servers and now they think they can get people to test their content on a test server? They did it in the past and if they were lucky, 2-3 guilds would sign up for raid testing and even fewer people tested heroic content. And content would still be broken for months.

This time its the worst though, progression raid mob have been disabled for a month now, 17 guilds killed it before it was disabled so they have plenty of content, but the other 37 guilds have 6 named to kill every lockout, which is about 3 hours of raid content weekly. How this is acceptable to a company and its customers is beyond me and looking on the forum with all the decorators and solo players with all their "Ooh nice thanks you". **** OFF MAN. The expansion is 2 months old now and at the most basic level most stuff is still broken or flat out unfun. Too many morons in this community that will defend and pay for pure shat.

Since luclin launched I have seen two players on live server. Naomi looking into tradeskill stuff and some random guy I never heard about in my life. That is the extend content gets tested and these forum dumb asses eat it all up like its some revolutionary move that will sort everything and give them more time to patch and test ****. News flash. It wont be more bugfree.

I am so angry they are not being straight forward and just telling us the game is on its last breaths instead of constantly pushing **** down our throats. Its no less than a week ago kander posted everything was on track and it will be ooh so great and now this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Its a sign of the approaching destruction and non-existence of Norrath IF they don't do this right. We all know that Norrath is doomed, its just a matter of how doomed it is. Put DBG (the ones who caused the impending doom to begin with) in charge of saving Norrath is like asking an ice deliveryman crewman to help save the sinking Titanic by making lots of ice cold drinks for the passengers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Just going to go with my OF post;

This change means nothing unless the design philosophy of updates and and testing put into them is dramatically fixed.

If you don’t fix the underlying issues, all you’re doing is dropping crap on people and making them wait twice as long to hopefully get a fix.

Perhaps we will all be surprised.

• Agree Agree x 13
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Ill be more surprised when they stop treating us like mushrooms...

You know, kept in the dark and fed nothing but Bullsh*t!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You're reading different forums than I am. There's 2 or 3 folks who are sucking up and whatnot but the vast majority of people I see posting are mad as ****. That includes crafters, decorates, TLE, especially TLE, raiders, and casual solo folks. The problem is everyone one of those groups wants to backbite the other instead of directing that energy where it needs to be directed. Hell, other than Raff and the wench typing in pink I don't see anybody happy and Raff was at least bitching about the lack of current infuser recipes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Also, I have like 22 people on ignore. That might be the difference. lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3