1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought You Might Want to See This

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Is it greed or just running out of ways to keep the lights on?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

FTFY

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

LOL... Need an Ironic Rating!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

At I understand it, the OOW/GOD fiasco was brought about because it was all gonna be ONE expansion but was decided to split into two so have more time to finish parts of it. Example, the mountain trial was only tankable by warriors since the end boss could quad hit for about 10k total and only the most well geared paladins or SKs had a chance to tank it. Warriors, with their built in mitigation had a better chance to live for a heal to land. However, the second expansion brought 5 more levels. With that, even SKs and Paladins had a much better chance to survive to tank it. But since the mountain trials were in the FIRST expansion, all tanking warriors got burned out tanking for it so that all raiders in the guild had to be keyed/ complete it to go to the next zone. Every raider needed to do the trials first. Warriors got burned out, since it was about a 90 min to 120 min run. If you wiped on the boss, most of the trash mobs had respawned so you couldn't run back so you had to almost start over. Warriors either quit the game, or quit playing because of that. There were other problems but that was the one I remember. Once the second expansion came out with the 5 extra levels, it was easier to pass that. If both expansion had been at the same time, warriors wouldn't have gotten burned out since paladins and SKs would have a decent chance to defeat the boss (if they were well geared). SoE got greedy and wanted the money from selling 2 expansions instead of one, but DIDNT split the expansion properly or admit it until later.

Sorry, no proof. Been too long ago and too much bitterness has burned in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I logged onto my Meneltel there. No Gore shoulders for sale in Bazaar. She has her IC but only 34k in the coinpurse. I have 9 kronos left but I didn't activate one yet. My merc requires something (I assume krono paying for account) since I wasn't eligible to use the merc. I didn't do anything other than check guild recruiting and bazaar. So much of my abilities I barely remember anymore. *sighs*

6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Yeah, I logged on too to check the bazaar. It might still be no-drop even on FV. Some things are but very few so I doubt it. I didn't check if I needed to do any pre-reqs or not but I do know that I would have to have a full group, maybe more, to get the raid. There's work arounds to that and I have a few friends who play on FV still.

7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Well, when you want to try, let me know and ill log on. Im on east coast USA but available anytime (normally) and I check here every few hours. It depends on you and your time. This is more for fun and to have it, so don't worry or hurry. Whenever you get bored and have enough time and inclination to look into it, ill log on to assist you. Not like im doing anything important but assisting my cousin when he needs it. Just know that I may have to go afk for a few minutes at any time if he needs help but usually he gives me warning so I can warn the group, unless he falls... like last night *sighs* no harm done, but I cant get him up on his own so I had to call the paramedics to come help him up while I kept our 15 lb poodle who thinks its a Rottweiler trying to protect his daddy from attacking the paramedics. Yes, the dog is that bad that we have a sign on the front door "Beware of Dog"!