1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Cobalt Crates?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Anaogi, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

So I decided to swing through the old neighborhood tonight and saw this "Cobalt Heritage Crate" stuff on the Marketplace. Is that what I think it is? Because if so I'm shocked it took this long...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

No idea, sorry.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's a gamble crate for best in slot mount. Plus other random crap.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Full of old crap you no longer need, and appearance gear.

5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They have infusers, research boosters, mount, merc and familiar trainers.
    A bunch of it is pay to win stuff.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Best in slot item in a lotto crate for cash?

I'm surprised it took them this long, as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols. I couldn't stop laughing at the tags.

Secondly, a loot box with research boosts, infusers, and a bis mount. That's so cool!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Cobalt Crates are about the only system that "works as intended". I have read a lot of "Horror" Stories that some people bought a lot of them, while others went into the "hundreds" purchasing them.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Some dude on the forums was up to 2000 of them, w/o the mount, back in December. I bought 10 ish, got a few infusers some research/training time reductions, a barding slot unlock maybe.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

2000? Holy ****. No wonder half the west is getting ready to come down on this **** as gambling.

I hate what this industry's becoming, I really do.

EDIT: Is the filter new, or is it just that I don't usually let fly around here so I never noticed it?

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Tekka and I each have an entertainment budget. This is how we learned not to whale.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Same here

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

There was another random person, in one of the forum posts, that was talking about how they buy 3 krono, three times a week. Look, I'm a firm believer in you spend your money how you want but this is how folks stay poor. Maybe this guy can actually afford to spend $240 dollars a week on EQ2, maybe not, I don't know. I could but **** if I would. I started playing because EQ1/2 was stupidly cheap entertainment but back then you spend $15/mo and that was it unless you were doing some non-TOS compliant shenanigans. I'll spend about $25/mo on DBC plus my 1 sub. I figure I get my $40 worth. If I spent a grand a month, and I'm sure some spend more, on EQ then my accountant would put my **** on lockdown. I know Almee has like 5-7 paid subs but she's also bedridden and very sick, I completely get that as well. I'd probably do the same in that situation. I don't know. I lost my train of thought.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Multiple paid subs is one thing - folks have boxed groups and even raids for years now, personally I don't even bat an eye on that - but fleecing folks for thousands off loot boxes? Scummy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Drona

Drona New Member

Old news :) The raid leader of one of the top raid guild have opened 6000 (probably 7000 by now) and still not got the mount!

He said so himself in discord. However I know few people who got in in their first crate :)

The thing is you can buy them on broker and they seems "cheap" now days. I have seen 20 crates going for less than 10 million on my server.

17. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I guess if I started back up, I would have to start selling my body to make any money. Might seem less like a job and more like fun that way, at least for awhile. I haven't looked but I think all of my toons together might have less than a million total.

18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It doesn't take long to get the plat. Go collect shinies in old heroics or mid-tier overland zones or harvest. I can make a million/day just by crafting temp adorns, food, drink, potions, etc for 20 minutes. Of course that's not including harvesting time.

19. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I want a game, not a job that doesn't pay my real-world bills.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

'That one guy that won the thing on the first try that one time.' is the carrot that keeps the other 9,999 people pulling the lever. (not that I'm sure there are even 10k individuals playing EQ2 these days)

Lotto/gambling crates for cash are bad.

BiS gear in lotto/gambling crates for cash is pure avarice with no benefit to the customer base.

Game mechanics designed to include/around Credit Card Progression are inexcusable.

Change my mind.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1