1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting is well and truely ****** in BoL

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Heretic! Playing WoW? Bah! Ban the heretic or burn them at the stake!

Have fun there, by the way! *giggles*

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

*chuckle* Actually, my WoW account has been inactive for quite some time. I'm playing EQ2, though the bugs are starting to drive me batty!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I played WoW off an on from shortly after release to the Lich King expansion. If they had personal housing, I would seriously consider going back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

I didn't play long, mostly around the Lich King timeframe. Nawtey's actually an alt (66 Assassination Rogue), with my two favorites being Hawtey (Disc Priest) and Frawstey (Unholy DK), both at 80 - I think that was the level cap when I stopped playing.

Housing would definitely be worth checking out!

5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I started off a pink haired gnomish warrior, because they were so floppy and funny. I slogged my way to 60, then was like, "**** this ****."

Made a night elf druid, because I didn't want to be an enormous cow, with a hybrid build (before they nuked that) and just wrecked stuff.

I dabbled with the other classes, but the only one that I ever did much with other than the druid was a dwarven hunter. Who I ran all the way to Hordelands to get a red hyena. That was a memorable trip >.>

Edit: The pink hair in question was the enormous puffy scorpion tail looking style.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I do play at times at a WoTLK free server of WoW. Decently run and is fun, but I mainly solo for a few hours at times when I do log on. Its free so I play when my wow interest gets strong enough.

7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

After being bugged for nearly a month in beta and for 3 months since.. from the test server patch notes
    You'd think this was a new issue that hadn't been bugged in every available avenue for 3+ months...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I remember someone telling me to use refined rares and experiment to get equipment with better potency than T1 heroic on discord.
    Now I can say HA!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Mermut, I don't like being the one to burst your bubble. I really don't, 'cause you're a nice person and all that.

See the thing is, Caith gives zero f***ks about crafting.

Sigh. Now I feel sad.

I gonna eat my feelings with a couple of chocolate bismarks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

You can't burst Mermut's bubble. Mermut isn't a bubble gnome, after all.

Do I get a chocolate chip cookie of seething malice for that?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Another good example of how f... crafting is Dev(s) in charge created a recipe for an adornment that nobody wants or uses.
    The Overseer Mission has chance to reward a 2 x Charge 2H - 186K Ability Mod Adornment.
    The weapon slots are usually for CB/CB Overcap or in some cases Pot. Given how important the CB stat is in this expansion everything else makes little sense.
    Absolutely no one i asked wanted this, not even for twinks. In my RF the same a lot of player offer them for free (besides Mats) but nobody wants them.
    Not to mention that ability mod items usually go into Cloak and wrists.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Mermut found a tinkering recipe crafted on the stove using the artistry skill that utilizes coal for fuel.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

No cookies for you, Meneltel!

I was teasing Mermut, and you failed to exhort the glory of such amazing wit!

(I mean, how can that even happen?)

Still, don't panic! You'll have an endless stream of opportunities to admire said wit and learn from your mistake.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I don't make mistakes. I thought I did once, but when I check I found I hadn't, so there!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Fishy x 1
  15. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I think I'm like 4 expansion behind the curve at this point. If I was completely oblivious to the state of the game and saw this there is no way I'd come back. Any number of other games sound less head-desky.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I just can't believe they're doubling down on removing the resource level descriptions. Kander's explanation made very little sense and he's made no effort to provide a better explanation. The resource information is important and removing it only solves a very minor problem. I just don't get it. They also apparently removed set bonuses from the game - or at least in low level content they did. Which while I don't think it's a huge deal, the set bonuses did add some nice flavor to the itemization.

Edit: It's almost like they're intentionally trying to rile up the last groups of people that didn't have much to complain about. I guess decorators are next in line?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Said it before, and will say it again: I've long thought they are deliberately sabotaging the game, with the aim of making it unattractive to all but the tiny proportion who are raiders.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I hate set bonuses but that is me.
    The crafting description thing is weird, it sounds like taking a sledge hammer to a problem that can be solved with a chizel.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I still think its a tax write-off but they need to get the losses up higher so they keep driving away the customers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If they were really looking to lose money for some tax write-off, there are are a bunch of easier and more reliable ways than trying to drive customers off with... questionable... game development.
    Sure, we'd like there to be an easily definable REASON for the... state.. the game is in and the myriad of highly questionable design 'decisions' that have made the expac what it is.. but that doesn't mean there is one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1