1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought You Might Want to See This

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Maybe he's going for two bans in two days.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols. So let me get this straight:

EQ2 manufacturing severe scarcity of expert books becuase it's in their interests to incentivize spell research is a conspiracy theory.

But "chase loot items ala eq ice incrusted gear", people using TS level boosts and then buying up the supply of expert books but not actually crafting , and systematic plat duping leading to people manipulating supply and broker prices..... totally legit theories, Bro.

So super-legit in fact, that he's gotta steer multiple threads towards these ideas.

This is the Bubble Gnome side of him. Curious to see how long he can keep the troll side of himself in-check.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It's funny, because in the now locked krono thread, he 'didn't discount a plat dupe' but tried to minimize the possibility and chalk up the spike in price to 'returning players'.

EDIT: Cataloging the behaviors of various Bubble Gnomes is rather enlightening, in some ways.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's not hard to manipulate Krono pricing. It certainly doesn't take a plat dupe. I've got almost 200 Krono that I've collected over the years, I've never bought one with cash or plat nor have I ever sold one on the broker. I have also never paid a sub with one. I know people, all in EQ1, that have more than I do. With a new TLP every year it is not hard to accumulate a lot of them. Get the pre nerf versions of items that will be nerfed eventually and trade for Krono. Plat is stupid easy to come by on both versions as well and since Krono is DBG wide it's easy to manipulate.

I'm an asshole for sure but I'm not a scumbag. if I was I could completely **** up the Krono economy on more than one server for a long long time. And it's cyclical. Artificially inflate the price but keep it at a level where it is, while stupidly expensive, still affordable. Play off the speculators. Sell a few dozen for 12-20 million plat, wait a month for things to settle back down, buy them for 3-5 million. Rinse repeat.

If I was poor in real life I'd do it as a side hustle and sell the Krono via cash app, paypal, etc for $12 to $15 each and make more than most fast food employees.

As for plat dupes, as long as there is a market for Krono to be bought with cash and sold for plat there's not going to be a whole lot of investigation into them. That being said most "plat dupes" are just people with a lot of plat or a lot of cash being bored and having fun. There's for sure some actual dupes but not as often as every Chicken Little thinks there are. Most of those folks, including our esteemed Benito, are for whatever reason, unable to make plat in EQ2 or 1. That's on them. It's not hard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I didn't raid, sell loot rights, farm for gear or buy/sell krono. I stockpiled coveted house items like an episode of hoarders.

And I still had tens of millions of plat when I stopped playing the game.

So while I do think there have been multiple plat dupes over the years, I also know it's not that hard to make coin in EQ2, in any game with a player driven economy, really.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's definitely happened. I just find it funny that every plat poor player thinks that anyone with multiple millions of plat is a duper.

Also, what is this dude's end game here? He's now working on getting his 3rd thread locked.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Dude's off his meds. Or he's bored and trying to flame out with style. Either or.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, he's got about as much style as a flour sack so it must be the former.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Don't knock sacks of flour... they're good for making cookies.. and cake and other noms!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'm talking about the actual sack, not the contents. Very interesting history lesson there if you're so inclined. A filled sack has exponentially more style.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I've got a friend who's sitting on well over 500 krono. All she does is park all her excess plat in them. That's it, and she's been doing since they started selling them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Wow. Well, I think I have a dozen or so rotting away. Gifts from people or one or two I bought with plat. Oh well, ill use them eventually when I go back to EQ1. EQ2 is dead to me now, im afraid.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think EQ2 is pretty much dead for most every one now, even the diehards. I feel this game is very much endanger of being sunsetted sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

And I loved EQ2. *sighs* The story behind Meneltel was she was born looking like a high elf but was pureblood Teir'dal. I could do that in EQ2 but not EQ1 though there are a few items that will give that appearance, but they appeared in game long after I left. Oh well. Even the Meneltel I have on the FV server is one level too low to use the item which drops in a raid which I doubt she can get and since its no drop (or whatever its called) cant be sold in the Bazaar. Have to get someone to do the raid and let me loot the item. Such is the life of a poor Roleplayer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

If it's on FV it can be sold. FV doesn't have no-drop. Also, I'm on FV, I'm not up to date but I'm 105 ish or maybe 110 ish. What's the item?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Gore-Splattered Shoulders I would have to make sure she is on FV. I have an older one elsewhere but the guild died some time ago.

Looks like its a quest item, guess ill have to do research into that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, figure out what's up and let me know if I can help and if I can I'd be more than happy to do so.

18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Raid Expedition: Ashengate North
    After all the stuff I need to do (according to this, not sure if still needed), I gonna have to say No. Ill pass. Im not going to get someone to help me do this if im not going to play EQ full time. A simple run and have the item in my inventory, sure. A job for me and someone else to get? No thanks.

Thank you for the offer. I so far out of the loop I have no idea what requirements are needed anymore. The last time I played seriously was on another server during OOW/GoD and not long after that, the guild fell apart and I left also. Darn Mountain Trials didn't help at all. At all!

19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'll log in sometime this weekend and see if the requirements are still needed. I wouldn't mind having one for my rogue anyway. And, yeah, GoD busted up a whole lot of my peeps as well. it was bad times.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

And all due to SoE's greed.