1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Daybreak's Super Secret Project That Was Cancelled.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

First, let me just get this out of the way:

Lols.

Ok, so it turns out the top-line, super-secret title Daybreak was developing in Austin, and that was cancelled last year was.....A Marvel Comics rpg.

Everything about this is so DBG.

[Inserting plausible conjecture]

"Hey, DCUO is solid, but not everyone likes DC. Let's clone the game with a Marvel environment!"

"Yeah, bro...all we need are new character and npc models, some missions, and $$$$$$!"

Disney: "The license will cost more than your company is worth, and, we need to sign-off on how you market and utilize our property."

Daybreak: "Well ****. We already started copying assets...."

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/06/rumor-daybreak-was-working-on-a-marvel-mmorpg-until-last-year/

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

But... they already had shield as a weapon set for DC. I don't see why notoriously finicky Marvel now owned by notoriously control freakish Disney would have a problem with any of this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Daybreak must be running on fumes by now. All this money put into various projects and nothing to show for it.

• Agree Agree x 7