1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

BoL Beta Comments

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Barely a week until live..
    The classes changes are still MIA
    The tradeskill recipes and itemization are still a horrific mess

I wish I could say I was surprised :(

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Eeek, looks like they are going to be spending many a late night until release.
    We will be seeing a bleary eye Kander, Kaitheel and Gninja on the livestream I guess then.

Dreamweaver did say we would have one "after" release.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Recipes and TS itemization is Caith, not Kaitheel or Gninja

4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Have you ever seen Caith in a Livestream? My memory doesn't recall them being there.

I hope DreamWeaver can do a decent job of it, some of their livestreams are so ad hoc.

5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

See, every year, they do something like this. This is why I never pre-ordered the expansion. I want to know what I'm actually getting for my money, and I find this little game they like to play of hyping pre-orders and then letting the other shoe drop after O.R. tiresome.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

And recently confirmed in discord... no livecast this year

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

First expansion since The Shadow Odyssey (2009) to not have a live stream of some kind?

8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I wonder if it is because the expansion isn't selling as well as they had hoped it would or if it is because it won't be fully fleshed out and bug free in spite of testing? At this point any thing is possible I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well, I guess they didn't want to show their overtime panda eyes in front of the camera then.

I haven't seen anything about class changes as of yet in the beta notes.
    I do admit I haven't done much testing since around the start due to work, so I don't know if they slipped anything new in.

What I have heard is that Spell Doublecast is being removed from the game and is being switch-arooed with ability doublecast to some extent. However, this will give a large disparity between caster and melee dps. So they have to address that with class balancing or it will be launched broken.
    I also haven't seen much response on the non-leveling Epic 2.0 pets, but maybe that has been addressed on Discord.

I may change my main from Coercer this expac, but will see how it goes, maybe we will still be needed, however, with CD no matter how many buttons I pushed I couldn't beat many classes on the parse (think I was between the healers and the troubs). I was literally just a battery with a little bit of buff.

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, here is my guess......

Showing off the zones is not necessary because of the video content folks have put up during beta.

They probably (a) don't have time because of class mechanics re-boots, and (b) there is nothing new and shiny this time around.

In short, the only "newness" they have to offer are things they expect to tick people off, so they're just bailing on the live stream pitch.

Just a guess, but a plausible one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I read about one of their new P2W mechanics last night in Beta.
    It seems the more Mercenaries that you have over level 5 contribute to a buff, the more mercenaries you train, the more buff you get. The higher the level the greater the buff, and higher quality/recent mercenaries contribute more to the buff.
    It apparently has a ceiling on it.

From current Feedback it is a small amount from each mercenary, but the testers haven't gotten enough mercenaries to see what a 100% buff would look like.

Also, the overseers seem that you can accompany your overseers with familiars and mercenaries to improve the chance of success. Different accompanying entities increase the chance of the overseer quests and the overseer quest agents have a different amount of success depending on what overseer you have. I don't know the particulars of acquiring an overseer agent, but they seem to be that you can start a maximum of 10 quests per day to get your random overseer loots.

12. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Yeah that merc buff thing annoyed me to no end, I know people are saying the buff is almost meaningless but just the fact that they're literally selling buffs on the marketplace is ridiculous. This is one step away from "Buy 10,000 potency for only $5!"

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I still believe that with the game in the state it is in, the best way to bring back or retain customers would be to get rid of the subscription and only charge people for the base game, expansions, and game updates.

If there were no sub, maybe people could see their way to stomaching every thing else. It couldn't hurt to try it, but as it is they just come across as overly greedy.

We pay a sub for perks that are mainly basic game features, we pay for expansions, if we want our spell, mercenary, mount, and familiar research to be completed within a reasonable amount of time, then we are forced to either pay or lag behind or just give up.

I don't know who is ultimately responsible for their decision making, but I know most of their players could do a much better job of managing the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

They only thing that would even have a chance of bringing me back, is selling to a company that cares, and getting rid of the cash shop P2W items 100%.

• Agree Agree x 3