1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2U Funding and Such

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

I already said on this on the official forums, but more ppl are going to be on one wow classic server than everyone who plays this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Assuming an avg of four alts/acct, 7k feels about right. If that's the case, they're likely still making money. All depends on shop sales though.

Yay for the icoming level increases.

I really don't understand why people continue to buy from this company, but welp, to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I think people support the game, not the people behind the game. EQ2 has made a lot of memories for people and its often hard to let it go and look for other options.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'd be one of those people if my guild hadn't withered away and my raid crew disbanded. Honestly, I'm a lot happier not having to deal with this game and Daybreak's antics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree and I know that every one's pain threshold is different. Even though I have played very little if at all, I kept EQ2 loaded on my computer up until recently when I realized that I was truly done and I finally removed it.

I hung on much longer than I would have with any other game and that says a lot about EQ2. Ultimately though, memories, friendships, and overall nostalgia weren't enough to mask the many problems with the game and the lack of appreciation by DBG for their paying customers.

I feel good about moving on, because even though EQ2 still exists, it is long past thriving and that isn't going to change. Some times we just have to accept the inevitable, no matter how painful that might be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So apparently someone has written a bot which has been crawling EQ2U since October 2019, so results are not usable anymore.

Code:
    2019-09: 81519
    2019-10: 129180
    2019-11: 475270
    2019-12: 300276

2020-01: 603188
    2020-02: 470228
    2020-03: 125748

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Can you block the bot, Feldon?

8. Feldon

I'm not currently logging IP addreses and other info that would be necessary to do this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Peak

Peak New Member

What about Cloudflare's rate limiting?

10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I would love to see some numbers now that Luclin is over and done, but if the bots still crawling around thats unfortunate.

11. Betony

Betony New Member

I hit the Donate button cuz I can't imagine EQ2U not being around. Your to do list is huge. If the fire hadn't melted our cell tower and repeaters I'd offer to help gather info. We are all hosed internet wise out here till Century Link stops being a total dick...yeah when hell freezes over. Hope to be online by 2021.

12. Feldon

Considering the crisis you are going through, this is incredibly generous. Thank you! I'm in a decent financial shape compared to a lot, and the donations I get make it possible to keep working on EQ2U.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  13. Cerulean

Cerulean New Member

Hi Feldon,
    I stopped playing my main character some time ago however, I use EQ2U quite often when I start a new torture session... I mean character. I sent you a donation tonight. Thanks for all you do! Best of luck to you and yours in 2021.

[​IMG]

14. Feldon

Thank you kindly!!