1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

TLE Opinions

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Clementine, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I was thinking of checking out the TLE server and was curious what people here think of it. I also had a few questions.

Are the awful pay to win microtransactions available on TLE? Is the content (raids especially) actually challenging again? And lastly, is there a decent population on the server? And if so how many expansions does that population usually last?

2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

There is very little challenging content on Kaladim. The only fight that feels like a raid fight is contested vox and the developers have stated that they wont tune raid content in the future.

You can buy XP pots, crafting pots, mounts and other stuff from the marketplace.

The population is decent, but its T5 and T5 group content at endgame is pretty much hunter coin (kill named mobs in various locations) and maybe icy digs once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I'm not too surprised the base game content isn't that hard, but will DoF and beyond be better? I wouldn't expect it to be as difficult as it was on launch, but I'd at least like it to be an effort to clear raids beyond just showing up.

Edit:

Thanks for the response. I thought about it and decided it's worth a few dollars to check out at least. My initial impressions are positive, I was pretty surprised to see people still forming groups for WC and BB this far into the server.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

If you want to play super casually, it's great.

If you are the type of player who likes to rush to endgame and kill everything, don't bother.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Thanks, I'm pretty heckin' casual. Actually I really enjoyed the few hours I played last night, I almost died to an equal con mob so that was exciting.

6. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

So after playing for over a month I figured I'd leave some opinions of my own. As a general statement from a casual standpoint it's fun, you're going through the old content with other people again which is far more enjoyable than doing it solo on the live servers. If you're looking for meaningful character progression though there is literally none. No gear progression, no raid progression, nothing. You run heroics a dozen times or so and you're geared and ready to go for the next four months - or you could honestly just buy the same gear on the broker for pretty cheap.

So anyway I'll just do some pros and cons:

Pros:
    * Nostalgia
    * I found a guild that fits my desired playstyle with really nice people, YMMV
    * Most of the pay to win mechanics currently ruining live aren't available on TLE

Cons:
    * General chat is one of the most toxic chats I have ever seen in a video game in my life. It's bewildering, in an old game on a sub-only server you'd expect chat to be pretty decent. It's really not. It's pretty bad.
    * Zero challenge. Everything dies if you just give it a stern look, including raid bosses.
    * Very little dev support, it took them a week to address the fact that some of the DoF raid mobs were easier than heroics. And I'm not sure they did even fully address it.
    * Leveling can be difficult depending on when you play, the exp from soloing is negligible and the population isn't high enough to sustain low level grouping outside of peak hours. It's not like other games where you can find people to do stuff with no matter when you play.
    * Four months between expansions absolutely sucks, especially with DoF because there's so little content in this expansion in the first place. I'd honestly be much happier with the server if expansions were voted on instead.

So I'd say if you just want to play through the content again in a VERY casual setting then it's alright. It's not perfect but it's passable. It could be so much more if the developers actually put some effort into it though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Me personally, I played Race to Trakkanon and I tried out the last one that went flump, it was nostalgic, sure.
    For me though, I was glad to go back to live.

Moving at speeds that are bearable and fighting raid bosses that require a little more (if only a little) than turn and burn.

I am glad that so many people are enjoying the older game and having fun though. It just wasn't for me.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1