1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Lol's

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

EQ2 sends out a useless in-gme poll, so someone starts a thread explaining why it's not useful and offers feedback.

Others offer feedback....

Chrol chimes in to point out that it would have been easier and faster to simply respond to the poll than post feedback in the forums.

I remind Chrol that the reason people are posting in the forums is because their poorly designed poll is unlikely to offer any credible or useful information.

Kander chimes in to say, yes, their polls are credible sources of decision-making information, and cites 2016 as the example.

Then he locks the thread and deletes my post.

Sometimes, you don't have to look far to see why a company continues to lose.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Wasn't 2016 Kunark Ascending? KA is in my opinion the absolute worst expansion I've ever seen in an MMO, period. Saying that polls helped shape that expansion like it's a good thing is baffling - to me anyway.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I think it's funny that a few replies down someone mentioned City of Heroes - a cancelled game that one could make an argument is doing better than EQ2 for sure, and probably EQ as well.

-wanders off to pewpewpew and possibly build a base-

How do you not love a game with eye lazers and literal face kicking?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's like he is so completely unaware of how biased and bad their process is, that he made our point for us, right then and there.

That's what I was laughing about.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

In game polls have always been useless and a joke.

Suggestions that they actually use them to plan their development make me realise why the past 5 years of EQ2 has become useless and a joke.

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yes. I'm quoting myself again. I realized that somehow I put this response in the wrong thread, so it makes zero sense. It's supposed to be in the one about the EQ article.

I blame Canada. (as we all should)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
  7. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

It's funny because just this morning, my husband and I were talking about how we're getting tired of going to Walt Disney World, not because we don't like theme parks anymore, but because Disney's leadership has gotten arrogant and stopped caring about the customer. However, that's Disney - they are huge and successful and people will still keep going there whether we do or not and they will continue to make money.

EQ2 acting like that just makes no sense. They have to be losing a steady stream of customers right out the door already. It seems like they would bend over backwards to communicate and keep the remaining community happy as much as possible. It just boggles my mind.

I'm a firm believer of giving constructive polite feedback to a company, but if they don't want to listen, taking my dollars elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Polls Schmolls. Even if feedback came up to the developers and hit them in the face, they would still ignore it.

I gave up a long time ago. Let Kander and Company live in their little bubble of non reality as long as they can I guess, because even they know the true end is nearer than ever before. The game is such a train wreck in its current state (both Live and TLE), that I don't see how they can ever fix it or salvage it. I still can't believe what they have done to it. Unreal to me.

I started playing GW2 again with a friend and we are working on a new mount they just added and I am having a blast. I wish they would add individual housing to the game that we could decorate. If they did that I would be totally satisfied.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

CoH is currently in the hands of people who love it.

Advantage: CoH. Rogue servers FTW!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Hmm.. I may login just to see what this poll is about.

11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It has crossed my mind that they've already made some decisions, and are using this poll to manufacture data they can use to justify it, not only to Management, but also to support their preference for shifting blame for their decisions onto their customers.

For example, contested dungeons being eliminated after the poll sent out at the end of ToT.

The questions about play style preferences are exclusive instead of inclusive.

"Well, according to our poll, tradeskilling is the least popular activity......."

Wouldn't be the first time, I suspect.

But I'm probably over thinking this. More likely, they're just cheap and lazy with respect to marketing research, pathologically overconfident in their ability to understand customers, and too arrogant to consider otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Super generic questions about how people play a MMORPG and severely lacking answers. I mean they ask if you prefer to do crafting, solo, group or raid. What if someone did all of them equal? But you can only select one in the poll and with the current expansion, raiding is pretty much all you do so the raid answer is gonna be far ahead, by miles.

The whole poll is worth absolutely nothing. Imagine if they had a community manager that knew what their players wanted instead of making something so superficial and bland.

Kander writing in the forum that the poll is important is a load of horse crap and nothing will come out of it, as per usual.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

A different lol incoming:

Daybreak seems to have had an influx of 5 star reviews on Glassdoor, one of them from an executive producer.

All of them are current employees, and smell a bit of a PR agent.

Edit: Kinda suspect this is team driven - I imagine they're having a hard time finding people willing to work there.

#reputationmatters

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Most people are leery of boarding the Titanic :p.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Well to be fair the departing ratonga didn't exactly leave rave reviews. "2/10 would not infest again"...

• Funny Funny x 7