1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Paper Dolls... from the Past?

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Ceyarrecks, May 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ceyarrecks

Ceyarrecks New Member

Excuse me Please:

I am find the eq2wire signature is keeping an old Paper Doll from the past, not having updated, regardless of how many times I zone, camp, Shift-Prtscrn, or [Send an Update] from in-game.
    (though the UI setup rather suggests sending to FriendFace and Tweeter, not eq2Players)

The full Character on eq2wire does display the expected visual update(https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/463857651506#am), as does the gear when zoning, yet the eq2wire Signature on the EQ2(DBG) Forums not so much.
    Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

2. Ceyarrecks

Ceyarrecks New Member

actually, it seems here too,... old Paper Doll :(

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Signatures are aggressively cached. Not only by EQ2U's coding, but also the headers we send to your browser. Even a hard refresh (Ctrl-R) may not override the cache. I could reduce these settings. On my screen, I see a Burynai.

Or it could be a bug.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Weird - I see a human in a black hood and mask in the sig here, but a burynai on the EQ2 forums for Ceyarrecks' signature image.

5. Ceyarrecks

Ceyarrecks New Member

yeah, that is the weirdness.
    I have even been making it a point to NOT be on a mount when zoning, to assure the Burynai paper doll is preferentially presented.
    It seems the more weird, just being *IN* the Detox zone, somehow gets the paper doll changed, as to complete quests expediently there-in requires mount use.

edit:

if there is any other technique I need to use, beyond what I have detailed above, and NOT using a mount, I am interested,...

6. Ceyarrecks

Ceyarrecks New Member

it seems, paper dolls get automatically re-written, the longer one is in a zone,... hence, now, the sig shows correctly. /shrug

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ceyarrecks

Ceyarrecks New Member

ok, the problem is still present. For awhile, the section of the signature where the paperdoll would appear was empty for me, then finally, the Burynai was shown, now today, the human. :(
    I am in Burynai form 99.9% of the time(mounts(which are very rare in use), public transportation and zip-lines the only exceptions), and am always when zoning/camping;
    so I am unsure why the illusion is intermittently being ignored.
    is there a way where-in one may present a specific (and locked) paperdoll?