1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

How did they end up with total admin control and ended up banning you? Didnt you start the whole thing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Yep. The beginning of the end was when I unbanned someone because none of the devs could reasonably explain to me why they were banned. I wasn't there long after that.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I have no interest in playing EQ2 or EQ1 at this time, but I will continue to monitor the events from here. EQ2wire I feel I can trust more than any other place. Time will show what happens, and ill keep a finger on the pulse, thanks to you all. I still have my kronos, assuming they are honored in the future, assuming the games survive in some manner. If not, life goes on.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I wouldn't expect much of an upswing from the current state of things. I mean, maybe if you like super heroes or space marines there's some hope in the immediate future.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Kander: So umm guys, we ****ed up. We didn't test ****, and our Beta was pretty much pointless. However, you are all cheaters.
    Players: If you don't want the server to die in record time, enable it again.
    Kander: Ok, we'll let you exploit, but just for now, until we launch DoF in 2 weeks, after that, **** you and anybody coming new.
    Players: Yay thank you!

*2 Weeks Later* Realization the server is still gonna die anyway
    Kander: We tried!
    Dumb PvP Players: PvP will work, It'll be the saviour of EQ2 and is the only good thing of EQ2!
    Realistic PvP Players: Maybe next time round, 37th time lucky!
    PVE Players: Stop wasting your time on that **** and fix your game.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. omuteef

omuteef Member

So the last few days i wonder on to the official EQ2 web page home screen where on the right hand side you can see server populations.
    Top server Kaladim...... full all the time looks like peeps are enjoying the new server GJ but you already had what 3 of these servers already looks like the players that where on the old TLE servers just went here cause the other TLE look dead?

second maj"dul...... always close to full usually the highest live server for EQ2
    followed by Skyfire, halls of fate and Thurgadim decent live servers

bottom with zero to low population Nagafen and the rest. Good thing this new PvP event server is going to save EQ2 by bringing back old PvP players to EQ2. All the money invested with man hours putting it together is money well spent.
    Great job DB..... pats on the back all around and sleep well the game is doing great

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Perhaps so, but one of our great presidents had a sign on his desk that read "The buck stops here!"Truman: The Buck Stops Here So if there was problems further down the chain of command, point the blame back up the chain until you reach the top! As the old saying goes "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Joe:
    Why me? Every time Metzler says, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way," I get out of the way.

Sgt. Keller:
    Yeah, when he says that, you're not supposed to choose "get out of the way." It's supposed to embarrass you into leading, or at least following.

Joe:
    That doesn't embarrass me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That movie never gets old :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Feldon

The comedy that is becoming a documentary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Yeah: "How to fail in business and lose lots of money by working very hard at all of the wrong things!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I see peeps are pretty happy about the nerfs to resolve on leveled gear.

What is so odd about this move is they have gated so much of their raid progression (and their cash shop incentives) around leveling mechanics that add resolve.

Now you've got a bunch of really upset customers who have spent a fortune in time and money suddenly under resolve for the top teir content. Either the devs are bad at arithmatic, or, they needed to hit a reset button on higher end raid progression.

Either way, nerfing gear that a lot of folks paid dearly to upgrade seems absent any sort of common sense.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Putting DBG and 'common sense' into the same sentence is an oxymoron....

Edit: Wow, you know DBG have REALLY stuffed up when even Siggy is upset!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Whether by accident or design, they've made bottom level raids more accessible and top end raids less accessible.
    In the long run, it's actually going to hurt the more casual forces though. The dps checks haven't been reduced, and without the extra potency people got when they were 'forced' to level their weapons, those guilds are going to struggle even more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. omuteef

omuteef Member

Just when the popcorn gets low from one DB disaster they turn around and make another one. The question here is how long can the keep milking the last of there loyal customers. What a cluster **** all they need to do was just lower resolve levels without touching items god knows why they keep doing dumb ****.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Feldon

The specific point she's upset about is something that changed in November, not this week. Of course the whole thing fits into the "You're playing it wrong!" reactionary mindset of the devs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Really? Just a bit slow on the uptake then....

I had no idea - I don't do that whole mass production to salvage for infusers and infusing stuff. Too much like un-fun grind for me.

Edit: Although I must confess I was SOOO tempted to make a post asking if she had validated her files....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I don't care enough to log onto the forums to be able to say anything there... just followed the link to read what Siggy wrote.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

It's a nice downward spiral they have going on. If I went back and dug up some old posts made by a few different people about all of this could I package them together and sell them as prophetic forecasts of the end of Norrath or something?

• Agree Agree x 3