1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This is exactly why I'm not playing today. It's their "we know better than you" attitude and you'll keep paying us no matter how badly we treat you. Even though I haven't played in a long time I still miss aspects of the game, albeit mostly of the game that was but is no more (meaning they've changed it so much it's really not the game I miss anymore). But I refuse to give them one dime of my money or even install the game on my computer despite having a backlog of station cash (or whatever it's called now) because they have so much disdain for us the customer - especially the non-raiding customer(s).

I think for me, even though I didn't know it at the time, the game ended when Domino left. The last advocate for the crafter/decorator left the building. When they made it too hard to keep all of your alts at max level that was it for me. And if that sounds unrelated it's not. Having a max level crafter that is also max level adventure has major advantages for crafting and decorating. Can you work around it? Sure. But why should I have to - it's a game that I was paying for. I should have been able to keep enjoying it the way I had for years.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I REFUSE to be treated like im a mushroom! My cousin is the same way. He was forced eventually to leave his manufacturing job years ago because he kept pointing out how the company they were working for was in many ways a Dilbert company. (Needed daily paperwork forms were locked in supply cabinet you have to track down the security guard to unlock for you as one example). They hated the embarrassing probing questions at the company meetings and had to always tell him "we will get back to you on that"... and they never did. Questions like "If we have to keep being more efficient at cutting costs of making of our products because we promised Ford and GM that we would charge 10% less price next year, and Ford claims they are barely making a profit now (late 1990's time) and the unions are barely keeping their employees supported on the pay with the economy... where is all the money going to? Not us, Not Ford and not the workers?"'

So they slowly found complaints with his work, so he left before he got "fired". Two years later, the factory was closed down... he had seen that coming...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I finally got around to catching up this morning and read this article.

I disagree that her comments [which I am assuming are in the indented portions] are BS and Spin - - if anything, I think they are the opposite, they are brutally honest and frank. To me her choice of words are more something that would be shared with stakeholders or internal staffers - not with the public via a media article. Her comments are a bit on the less-than-positive and seem to indicate a circle-the-wagons future. A hang on to what we got approach rather than a growth outlook. And while that very well might be true, it just doesn't seem to be the picture I would expect an Executive level Producer of her background to paint publically.

I think the article's author promoted more Spin in the "But it has been on an upward swing since 2015..." (even going so far to italicize and bold the "has").

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Well Fallen Gate was fun.

The last guild that was raiding died because of the lack of attention the server. At this point everyone is heading over to pvp/p99/kaladim. The start of DoV was quite entertaining if you read Errorr's post, they forgot that they just compiled skyshrine into DoV. I imagine if we had all just logged in and collectioned, we could of just used the broken live prestige lines; and cleared everything in a few hours.

Raiding wise we cleared two zones easy mode, got to the 4th named in foundations before we realized that they also forgot that people had crit bonus in DoV. As a result to that messup, our damage is lower than it was in classic DoV; meaning we can't kill mobs with high dps checks.

Itemization at the moment is a joke on the server, my HM SF shoulder's are best in slot over plane of war gear. My HQ gear is best in slot, my frostfell gear (I told them about this in SF and they launched frostfell with it anyway!) is best in slot. I actually find TSO items, and WoE gear that is better than raid gear at the moment on the server. With no itemization upgrades in sight, people doing level 30 quests to get best in slot gear, and no fixes even being discussed/acknowledged; everyone decided it was time to call it quits.

The server is never going to have any attention done to it now that the new TLE's are out, I doubt more than 500 players were playing on it when DoV launched; majority of whom were just waiting until the new servers anyway.

Regarding Nagafen and Kaladim I do have high hopes for those servers, a lot of the issues seem to be ironed out. No familiars, no grandmasters/ancients. No rampant stat's all over the place. It seems like a lot of effort went into these servers, hopefully they learned a lot from the previous two to make a semi-decent product, but daybreak. I am worried that the "guise effect" as I have coined the term will happen on these servers again. The base of this is basically pretending that fixes are going to happen/going in during the T5 era; then silence for the remainder.

I'll be checking out Nagafen, seeing if it's worth my time. Kaladim I will not even consider until at least RoK, even then i'll check population and forum posts to see if the server has the guise effect.

Yes I am a masochist, it could be worse however; I could be logging into live.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Regarding Nagafen, I like that they have gone to great lengths to constrain character power imbalances, and are sticking the good loots on contested bosses.

I'm gonna wait for season 1 to end, cause I'm not gonna reinstall everything just to find out there is some kind of credit card win mechanic they supressed during beta.

6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I think my problem is that I have zero confidence in their ability to do anything for EQ2 without half-@$$ing it and then taking out their annoyances on the customers afterwards. I can see what they've done and how they've treated people in recent past, so when I hear plans for what they claim they want to do I simply do not believe/trust them. I really want to run around in Norrath, but not as much as I really do not want to support a company that acts like this.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I agree, Castegyre.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Will experience values be tuned for Kaladim?

Experience values will be slower, similar to how it was at original launch. Tradeskill experience will be the same.

I have now played since the server went up, 9 hours and we, with no usage of pots hit level 41. Incompotence. I also know some people have been using group pots and several hit level 50 4 hours ago. Plus we can get heritage items from the inheritance merchant

Why do we continue to pay these people?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Oh yeah, I forgot about the server launches. Been dealing with...other things, here in NZ this weekend :(

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  10. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

:( I am so sorry.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Xp on Kaladim seem ok to me.

Those hitting max level are running in groups of 6, all using self xp pots + group XP pots. I'd guess they spent almost 10k DBG on exp pots Each.

For the more normal player, xp rates seem ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

It doesn't matter if it feels okay. What matters is that they advertised launch rates and its not even remotely close to launch rates.

We didnt use pots once and we are 48.

While its true some groups use group pots, what they do is level to 20 and then pop 6 group pots and just run around getting disco XP and getting to 50 in 40 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Is discovery xp really that broken? I must admit I didn't try it. I only bothered with combat/quest XP.

14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah. Even after my last post about Nagafen, I sat there for a moment and realized I really can't be bothered to reinstall everything for a seasonal event knowing I have no interest in the rest of it.

Edit:

Just hopped over to the OF to check out the Naggy threads.

It appears the exp pots are all the rage. So, we've got a one toon limit and exp pot sales.

No thanks to the cash grab development.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I'm enjoying Kaladim. I solo'd two characters separately yesterday. One made it to level 9, the other to level 6. Both also completed the beginning tradeskill quests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp, I'm glad I waited for the live feedback on the pvp server.

History shows that these days, there are ALWAYS cash shop mechanics revealed when the content is officially released.

Exp pots -> end game in about 4 hours (just chasing disco) -> get a jump on gear....or do something else and become fame fodder.

Regarding the exp pots.....Kander said they would not be available on Nagafen.

More bait and switch (they should have made people aware of the change).

Kander's Candor: Return of Nagafen - Seasonal PvP Server!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

It does say 'expendable available" so I guess that's what they mean... just not very candor about details.

Eschew obfuscation!

Edit: Yeah, does say under Beta no experience potions available... guess that was for Beta only.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

And they say this game ain't P2W already...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So....it seemed people were able to level up to 50 (pvp) on one exp pot using disco exp.

I thought, "Well that's ok. It allows people people to get to end game quickly so there is a level playing field, and the cost is minimal."

Then I hopped over to the TLE section, and well, people were exploiting disco exp there to race to cap also.

"Hmm. Me thinks someone overlooked that source of experience......"

Checked the pvp forums today, and yep, disco has be nerfed waaayyyyyy down.

So, back to business as usual:

1. Bait and switch.
    2. P2W.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

From what I saw, they managed to nerf disco xp within day 1 of the expac, but they didn't publicly acknowledge it until the patch.

People doing the discos on Saturday were getting 50-90% per disco. By Sunday it was down to around 7-15% per disco.

Bit of a cluste**** really. At least Nagafen only has 85 days or so left till it gets wiped anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2