1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

12 Billion DPS?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by omuteef, Feb 27, 2019.

1. omuteef

omuteef Member

Holy crap ....... what the hell .......was reading some discord posts the other day and top dps are topping in around 12 Billion dps!!!! i havent played in 2 years cause the stat inflation was to much back then, now 12 Billion dps im truly at a loss for words here.

Expansion
    Rise of Kunark
    my raid Brig i believe was hitting 5k and top dps where around 6-7k

Tears of Veeshan
    My raid coercer was topping out around 100k and top dps where around 200k if memoet serves me well. That was 4 expansions later and 5 expasions after that 12 billion
    Can some math person please help me do the math here lol

2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

12,000,000,000 dps

*grins*

3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Welcome to EQ2, where if DPS numbers dont increase by anywhere from 2x to 100x the previous expac, DPS riot and scream "omg you nerfed my class, look at this parse vs last expac!".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

This is basically what happened with tier 3 Temple of Veeshan loot back during ToV. :p (T3 items were originally more restrained in their power increases, people complained, items got buffed, DPS exploded again).

5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

If you check some parses from eq2flames using web archive and compare old SF parses to the SH/FG parses players are doing around anywhere between 7 to 10 times the amount of DPS they did back in the day.

And people wonder why content is so easy even with "content balancing happening"

Maybe the 3rd TLE and the items being changed for a 3rd time make it less insane.

6. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

On the flip side, my very averagely-geared SK has 78 million HP. I remember when I used to think that 500k was a lot....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

/Vegeta-voice
    Un-be-LEE-vable!

/shoots EQ2 power curve
    /goes back to ESO

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The eq2 team listen to the wrong people on a regular basis. Why?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Maybe I need to stop being a "good" girl and start being a "bad" girl? Might be more fun... but... you know what? To heck with DBG! *goes back to my free private server games*

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

In general, smaller playerbase means less players to offer dissenting opinions and less varied opinions overall. In this particular example, we're talking about what was at the time the hardest content in the game, so you only have a few guilds doing the content in the first place, and if they're complaining the loot isn't worth doing the content for, there's almost no one else to contest that. Then you have the cascading effect of lower tier guilds seeing those complaints and deciding not to do the content either. Of course, the problem runs deeper than that -- because there's a history of the developers eventually giving in, players know if they keep at it they can probably get what they want eventually.

BTW: I bet if you talk to the "wrong players" you mention in your post, they'd tell you the devs never listen to them. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I did talk to one dev who did listen to me but said there wasn't anything he could do now but to keep the faith as you never know about the future. So a shout out to Ttobey! Even if I don't play or post anymore, I still remember his responding to my PM. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I believe you just more clearly made Feldon's point :)

Why do these devs limit and act on design-related feedback only from the smallest segment of their customer base?

This makes no business sense what so ever.

There is so much pathology with their methodology of obtaining feedback data that no one should be surprised they find themselves in the position they are in.

Bad methodology -> Bad information -> Bad decisions.

Just sitting here, and off the top of my head, I can think 10 to 15 things they do on a regular basis have would put any credible statistician, researcher, or marketing analyst into a state of confused disbelief.

Of course, you can't tell them this, because they already know everything.

Better to ban people on discord for questioning their design decisions, because it's these customers who are the problem.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I think they are taking care of having customers problem :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Keep in mind, a lot of dissenting voices get "disappeared", as we all know far too well.

I'm sure it's totes not a question of who they're buddies with, nosirree.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I work for a company based in statistics and I can tell you DBG (and before that SOE) could care less about real statistics based on their behavior. They listen to the vocal minority or their own ego. I'm still amazed the game is up and running. I truly hope it keeps going for the people who enjoy it, there's nothing worse than a game going down while you play it. But I'm still amazed.

• Agree Agree x 9
  16. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

12 billion is low to middle for T1 raid dps dps classes.
    I'm sure that there is someone doing far more than that.

17. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

The dev's decision to put less then zero thought into content, and just randomly add new stats, invalidate old stats, and just bump up HP and DPS every expansion is the primary reason I quit. Oh, that and having essentially zero content in each expansion, just a pure cash grab. I miss EQ2, but not enough to try to reload it on my computer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I still have it on mine but I have almost no interest in playing it. I miss my friends there, but... I miss my friends from elsewhere too... and my computer life, such as it is, goes on!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've noticed that some of the SOE/DBG titles never fully want to leave your machine.

12 billion DPS would have probably killed an entire racial home city in EQ back in the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Unrelated, but I miss seeing Tekka's input. Hope she is doing well and having fun. Send her hugs from us please :) <3.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1