1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. omuteef

omuteef Member

There will always be another successful BR game coming out. If DB pushed back Arena because Apex launched it means there game isnt that good. The BR trend will always have new titles month after month as everyone and there uncle jumps on the bandwagon. Chasing the trend never works you have to rethink it and make it better not copy and paste it. Not to mention just rushing a game out to jump into the genre by by using pre existing assets never helps

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Instead they'll wait until there's no heat or audience at all. Because Daybreak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

No names, of course *cough*Bethesda*cough*

4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Brace yourselves, people....

The new pvp server has been officially announced....

And after extensive beta testing.....

And soliciting much player feedback....

They are rolling it out in exactly the same design as beta (after class and gear adjustments).

Reminds me of the class feedback threads the devs put so much love into during AOM. Legit, man!

In other news, people are bitching up a storm about seasonal character wipes.

Please excuse me while re-orient myself to this strange new dbg world.

Nagafen PvP Server - Coming March 16, 2019! | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

DBG reminds me of discussing things with my cousin. He doesn't admit it but his mindset is:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I can't figure out why this company keeps failing.

• Funny Funny x 9
  8. omuteef

omuteef Member

wait...... another TLE server? didnt they already try this 4 times? and isnt there already a TLE server still running, FG or something?

Im with Fuli on this one.... now idea why the company is failing. Im sure the extra time invested in this new server wont affect any of the live servers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I guess it's a mentality of try, try, try until you get it right. Unfortunately as they never make any changes to the failed formula even after player feedback ...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It's a complete mystery! *rolls eyes*

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

They received overwhelming feedback when they first reworked Freeport that players didn't like them removing those zones. This is something that should've been done years ago, but I guess better late than never? It's just so strange reacting to feedback 7 years later.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. omuteef

omuteef Member

Thats good to know i guess we should be expecting class balancing in the year 2022 then

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Do you ever wonder if there is someone at a company who has a clear idea of what that company's goals are, and who that person might actually be since it doesn't seem to be the people in the public eye?

I've felt this confusion with SOE/DBG more than once even back when SWG was still being made.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

The new progression server actually looks decent with the collection gimmick and no chan/bls until CoE. Plus no familiars. Its pretty much what stormhold should have been when it launched in 2015.

The only thing that you could be negative about is that research is enabled and the 16 week rotation. Now if they make content as hard as it was when it was new then 16 weeks is fine. If its anything like FG the last month gonna be rough to get through for guilds.

The PvP server will be a ghost town after 2 weeks and its a waste of their already limited man power. I can just imagine Holly sitting in a small office somewhere telling Kander what she needs done to validate her position and that her salary isnt a total waste and Kander just nods and thinks to him self, great idea, if we had 20 more people working on the game. But the guy just nods and makes more half arsed content.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

New TLE is relying on the fact that the current TLE people are sick of, and are hoping its a case of 3rd time lucky.

Not a single mention of key info;
    Spell research P2W?
    Content Balance passes?
    Itemisation sorted?
    Guild halls? (We can't introduce zones that stop people from standing in cities looking busy! Here, have 8 neighbourhood zones to AFK in as well).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

SOE's successes have been dumb luck and being in the right place at the right time. There has never been a "plan".

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Didn't they say at the time that the code had been destroyed and that is why they couldn't restore them? I am sure that is what they said, and if I am remembering correctly, they lied again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Its quite extensive now. Getting a house is easy since they expanded the amount of housing instances by about 10x iirc. Decorating has a lot of options but you can't 'build' things like you could in EQ2 but they also offer more functional things like proper walls and doors. I don't do much decorating but its not unusual to find people farming content for house items. Can take a look at this for an idea FFXIV Housing

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

By the looks of it, the zones will simply be there. No quests/npcs etc.

The zones/artwork clearly still exist as the racial quests use those zones.

20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Forgive me, but I think it applies to DBG spokespeople: Do you know how to tell if a politician is lying to you? Their lips are moving!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1