1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

:(

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I haven't quit entirely, my toons are still there. I haven't not deleted them as I did when I left WoW retail for the last time. So if a RP event happens to be planned and im wanted back, just let me know!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I log into ESO more than EQ2 now. (Still fiddling with FO76 occasionally, but that dumpsterfire has the smell of doom on it.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I have always appreciated your sense of humor Meneltel and your sweet disposition. I will miss your voice on the forums. I wish I had the opportunity to play with you in game. Have fun and best wishes sweetie. <3

• Like Like x 2
  5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I didn't delete my characters when I quit, but honestly considering that the last time I played was when KA launched they may as well be level 1 with the amount of catching up I'd have to do.

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp.....

NAGAFEN BETA Update Notes: Wednesday February 13, 2019 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Lols.

You know, in the original list of things I was watching for during beta testing, I noted lag and dev attention to exploits.

For some odd reason, I completely forgot about the dumpster fire of balancing issues (not including class balance) that eventually moved me off the server in the first place.

I would have been happy if they had just level capped at 30, allowed people to build out aa's, kept factions, and built in fun missions for fluff.

I give them credit for at least trying, but all this design does is keep the old problems and add more.

There is nothing innovative, interesting, or better about any of this. Maybe that will change by the end of beta, but as of right now, and as far as I'm concerned, no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Fuli, did you really actually think anything would be different?
    They have been screwing up every sort of balance issue since day one.
    With the last expansions, they gave up, and just added new stats, new uber-classes, and screwed up balance even more.
    Gninja know absolutely nothing about anything except raiding, where balance is certainly not a top priority, and he's running the show.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah. In contrast, compare what eq2 is dinkin' around with to what Intrepid is getting ready to drop into the Apoc f2p environment.

I don't care for BR, but the castle siege matches look really, really interesting. The match design appears well thought out.

It's almost like they asked themselves, "Selves, how can we make this fun for ALL the players in the match? 'Cause making it fun for for all the players in the match seems like a good way to go!"

Yep, DBG is totally gonna be able have 2 designers recycle existing game assets into some kind of pve/br spaghetti idea to try stand up to stuff like this.

I mean, I appreciate them at least trying, but seriously DBG, call it a day, man. You guys are not equipped to compete.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I mean, they're definitely going to. Apex is plenty of proof that the genre is far from dead, and a lot of developers are gonna try to catch a ride. The problem though is that the train has already left the station, right now if you release a BR game you have to compete with PUBG, Fortnite, Blackout, and Apex Legends. Four massive games that already have established communities. I really think Apex just accidentally stumbled upon gold with the idea of combining hero shooters and BR, and I don't think another BR game is going to see that level of success any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

DBG management just doesn't seem to get it.

While they are trying to **sell** PS2A, Intrepid's Apoc title is a f2p (with no p2w) testing environment for AOC that has 3 different match games for people to play.

DBG's capacity for being out of touch is epic.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

They aren't even really trying though. They are doing anything they can to keep people subbed somehow. A vocal minority on the boards has been screaming for a PvP server, so they will release one.
    Just wait till Sigderf is the only one left around, imagine the server they will spawn for h(er)(im). Probably just full of statues of DGC employees (whatever ones are left) that she can kneel at and worship for status points, or familiar exp boost potions or whatever.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Next server idea:

Start out at max level
    Complete every quest in the game.
    Collect every shinie in the game.
    Max out swimming skill.
    Level all ts classes.
    Max out harvesting skill on all ts classes.
    Harvest 10k of every rare
    Complete every L&L
    Find every disco in the game
    Complete every achievement in the game.
    Rinse and repeat for every adv class.

All must be completed within 10 months...

Oh wait....those severs are already up!

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

Maybe they could come up with something like
    "Experience by spending DG Cash"

Edit: Oh wait - we do have that already!
    So maybe "Experience ONLY by spending DG Cash"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Maybe they could have a Curious Case of Benjamin Button server. Everyone starts maxed out in everything but the longer the server is live the weaker everyone gets while still trying to complete dailies. Last person standing loses the least.

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Patch note views:

2/6: 724
    2/7: 493
    2/8: 287
    2/8: 434
    2/11: 491
    2/12: 493
    2/13: 212
    2/13: 267

Edit: updated 2/13

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

A whale server where he/she that spends the most wins, logging in is optional :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Devs seem to listen intently to PvP feedback. Unfortunately they don't necessarily listen to the right feedback.

The real problem of course is that EQ2 player feedback is often weighted for personal or other reasons instead of on its merit. Some ways it can go:
    • Ignored out of hand because player has past history of criticizing devs.
    • Ignored because dev thinks they know <insert classname> mechanic better than players.
    • Ignored (+ a ban) for cognitive dissonance between dev theory of how the game works vs. reality of how it works.
      • Dev pushes buttons X, Y, and Z. Game engine doesn't actually do those things because what tiny amount of actual tools documentation there is is incomplete.
      • Players report an issue and devs first reaction is weaponized doubt.
    • Listened to because player is from a specific favored guild.
    • Listened to because it's PvP feedback and that player is talking loudest.
    In like 2012, Kander expressed to me an interest in bringing back PvP. I thought 3 questions to myself:
    • Why? It wasn't that popular the last time when we had a dedicated PvP dev.

• Which players are you going to listen to? The last round of changes, which soaked up a ton of dev time, made a few gankers happy and made things much worse for everyone else.

• Who is going to manage it? You'd need someone with a savantlike understanding of how all 26 classes play. Aeralik and Xelgad were those savants (in every measure of the word). Kander + Caith spitballing can make an effort but they don't have that Beautiful Mind type of mania required.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Thank you. I am playing a free WoW server that is at Wrath of the Lich King expansion as well as a Shadowbane pvp server. If either interest you (or anyone else), PM me for further details.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I keep meaning to give ESO another try. I was turned off initially by the camera/movement controls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

[QUOTE="Fuli, post: 2348876, member:

DBG's capacity for being out of touch is epic.[/QUOTE]

This has been true long before they were called DBG.

• Agree Agree x 5