1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

There are countless ways to make our objections known about devs without namecalling. That's all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Sorry friend.

3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Are you?

It seems to me that if someone just wanted to help the community be better and facilitate the moderators doing their job they'd do what most sites recommend and simply report the post.

I mean, in some communities the way you called out the post in question would have been seen as anything from childish to trolling to you actively chumming the waters waiting to get violated from other community members for being so blatant. Even on some of the SOE/DBG forums in the past that would have been seen as playground snitch levels of finger pointing and might have earned you a warning for playing mod.

I would hate to think that you might simply call someone out in such a way because you have a chip on your shoulder.

I'm not very good at sorting out other people's motives online, though. There's so many incompetent and ignorant actors that it can be quite hard to separate out the malicious ones. I think that's part of why maybe to many sites have a report function and recommend people use that instead of taking matters into their own hands. Let the duly appointed representatives deal with it and all that.

In the end the only way a community can be better is if the people in it are also trying to be better. So I guess I'll personally go with, yeah, sure, you're sorry. And in the future we'll all learn from this and aspire to be above it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I remembered that my ban was up so I decided to check and see if I had any messages or anything. I did, one. I now have the impression that a certain red name thinks I've got it in for them or something. Having the opinion that someone is ridiculous, as in, worthy of ridicule, is not the same as having an axe to grind or actively seeking to harass them. Thinking on it and the state of the forums as a whole I think it best I simply leave it be and watch it all eventually kill itself from a distance.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

With regard to the state of the game and the forums, the fat lady has sung, the horse has left the barn, etc. Stick a fork in it, its done. It is just a matter of time now. A real lost cause unfortunately.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

I did find it mildly amusing once I learned what was 'up.' It really was some 4th grade nonsense "OO OO OO He did it too Mr.Feldon! He just did it too!" nearly leaping out of their desk chair, pointing wildly in my direction as a dejected look washes over Feldon's face. The only thing worse than a goody two-shoes is a tattletale.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Surprise is not something I experienced when I read the "report".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Glad i'm doing a community service of supplying entertainment to these forums~